Hughes going RUMOURS! [Merged]

Seems to be backpeddling a little? Also, as if Hughes isnt get wind if this guy and others already know. Unless of course its shit like 99% of all the other ITK info so far.

I believe Hughes is staying and hopefully we should have 1 or 2 signings in before the Pompey game. Doubt they'll play but we'll have them. Why give Hughes 11mil to spend on Bridge if you're going to sack him 5 days later? Doesn't make sense. I know we lost in the cup but i think the board would have known it was a possibility and wouldnt have let him spend on Bridge.

Bongo Joe said:
I believe Hughes is staying and hopefully we should have 1 or 2 signings in before the Pompey game.
Doubt they'll play but we'll have them. Why give Hughes 11mil to spend on Bridge if you're going to sack him 5 days later? Doesn't make sense. I know we lost in the cup but i think the board would have known it was a possibility and wouldnt have let him spend on Bridge.

I think the board would have wanted Bridge anyway so if Hughes was already one foot in the chelsea door why not wait until he's got his man. I doubt he'll go before the end of the window.

california blue said:
no point unless we can get jose - and that will 100% not happen till summer.....so what's the fucking point in sacking the sheep lover now?

Because he and Cook are not to be trusted? Three weeks of broadsheet and Mail leaks painting Hughes in the best possible light whilst outing players and so on, Cook issuing vote of confidence upon vote, fans actually seeing things with their own eyes...and not a single denial...because it was all working in Hughes favour...but then the Forrest game...with ADUG reps there, and the Sheik and his mates watching back in the UAE and pissed off...emergency meeting...WTF?...then Dunne the impeccable is wheeled out to deny everything (did you read that? very convincing wasn't it?)...then Hughes denies there's anything wrong...laughs it off as some big conspiracy...and tosses out the phrase "powers that be" in a feeble attempt to intimdate...then up pops poor Ned, the second bookend...I mean, who the fuck is going to have the balls to accused Dunne and Ned of lying / misleading?

Oh dear, the orchestrated media campaign took on a life of it's own and evolved from "poor Hughes the players are agin him" to "FFS, this is a bloody train wreck!". At that point, realizing (him and Cook) they were about to become victims of their own success, the plug is pulled and all is rosy.

The thing is, if the players were not on a go-slow, if there really is nothing wrong, then we are left with Hughes is simply a tosser without a clue, and all those fans who announced they were switching to supporting Hughes because of the players, must surely now switch back to their former position. Tough call for Hughes and Cook this one: gain sympathy of the fans but admit the club has gotten away from you, or deny everything and hope everyone is just too exhausted to realize a. what game you've been playing, and b. you are out of your depth: attrition works. Not only that, Cook and Hughes have managed to get everyone in so deep that fear (not hope) is the mainstay of the Hughes in folks, I mean, sack a manger during the transfer window? Too late to do anything about it now isn't it now it's admitted there is no problem in the dressing room? Classic smoke and mirrors, we're all watching the left-hand...

Ever get the feeling the shoe salesman and Hughes have been manipulating you? They are both fighting for their jobs, I wonder what shit they are telling the Arabs? You all have heard Hughes state that his teams do better in the second half of the season? That was picked up and repeated by the press. Well, it turns out it's right, Blackburn did 0.2 points per game better. Feel manipulated yet?

UPDATE

Post subject: Re: The Thread for "In the know" posts and rumorsPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:04 pm

Buffalo Soldier wrote

Have got no idea on the reliability of it but I've just been told that Rijkaard will be made the new manager on Friday.

I feel dirty for even posting it, but similarly to the M*rror's transfer rumour policy, should it by some miracle actually come off then I want the cheap kudos that come with it getting it right damn it.

Shitloads of back-pedalling and extending of time-scales by the people who made a guess that Hughes would be sacked in the hope that they'd be right and gain credibility.

masterwig said:
Shitloads of back-pedalling and extending of time-scales by the people who made a guess that Hughes would be sacked in the hope that they'd be right and gain credibility.

they said 48 hours, that runs out at about 9pm tonight. if they had a man in by tommorow then i think it would be a fecking record appointment

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.