Hughes Official Statement [Merged]

Complete lack of class from the board.
Disgusting way to conduct the replacing of a manager.
To the majority of fans at the club this is a disgusting episode that has once again made us look a joke. Once again an utter laughing stock!
To replace him with Hiddink or even the big ego Jose - I could understand.
But Mancini - ?? Come on is anyone confident with that ?? - and is it worth the upheval, and lack of guarantee his appointment brings??
Even if you did feel it was time for Hughes to go - was this the way? and is Mancini the ideal replacement?
I just feel gutted at this - don't get me wrong - Hughes wasn't setting the premiership on fire and didn't give inspirational interviews, as an inner I was being disappointed a little too often - but he was a safe pair of hands who would have got us success - maybe not as quickly as some would have liked but we'd have got there. In 40 yrs of supporting City - we've tried it all except for stability - would have been interesting to see if it would have worked.

GaudinoMotors said:
To the majority of fans at the club this is a disgusting episode that has once again made us look a joke. Once again an utter laughing stock!
But Mancini - ?? Come on is anyone confident with that ?? - and is it worth the upheval, and lack of guarantee his appointment brings??
Even if you did feel it was time for Hughes to go - was this the way? and is Mancini the ideal replacement?
I just feel gutted at this - don't get me wrong - Hughes wasn't setting the premiership on fire and didn't give inspirational interviews, as an inner I was being disappointed a little too often - but he was a safe pair of hands who would have got us success - maybe not as quickly as some would have liked but we'd have got there. In 40 yrs of supporting City - we've tried it all except for stability - would have been interesting to see if it would have worked.

exactly how I feel mate, it was a gamble to keep hughes but it's a bigger gamble to get mancini.

GaudinoMotors said:

I agree as well.

M22_blu said:
GaudinoMotors said:

exactly how I feel mate, it was a gamble to keep hughes but it's a bigger gamble to get mancini.

This

GaudinoMotors said:

if he'd stayed on, there was a danger we could have sacked the manager that brought us our first trophy since 1976. that would have seen uproar from many fans, even if we finished eighth! do yourself a favour and stop listening/reading what the media want you to believe. city being naughty naughty boys makes far more interesting reading than 'city aspire to greater things'.

What a load of bollocks this sort of thing happens every time a manager is sacked. Press and Morons are only having a field because this is city.

What did you expect the club to do tell him and the players morning of a match, have no manager or coaching staff and players be destracted and unmotivated what a great idea that is. Maybe we should have called off the game at 3pm and just given the points to Sunderland as a mark of respect ?

Hes getting a huge pay off, Christmas off with his family he will be back manageing a prem side within 6 months.

You know who I feel sorry for the thousands earning minimum wages losing their jobs every week with no prospect of getting another one. Croc tears from Hughes he knows the busines and what was required, was fantastically paid for what he does. Deal with it and move on.

badge said:
GaudinoMotors said:

if he'd stayed on, there was a danger we could have sacked the manager that brought us our first trophy since 1976. that would have seen uproar from many fans, even if we finished eighth! do yourself a favour and stop listening/reading what the media want you to believe. city being naughty naughty boys makes far more interesting reading than 'city aspire to greater things'.
Is Mancini going to do that then -
As for your do myself a favour comments - are you the only one who can formulate an opinion on their own?

alera said:
What a load of bollocks this sort of thing happens every time a manager is sacked. Press and Morons are only having a field because this is city.

What did you expect the club to do tell him and the players morning of a match, have no manager or coaching staff and players be destracted and unmotivated what a great idea that is.

Hes getting a huge pay off, Christmas off with his family he will be back manageing a prem side within 6 months.

You know who I feel sorry for the thousands earning minimum wages losing their jobs every week with no prospect of getting another one. Crocadile tears from Hughes he knows the busines and what was required, was fantastically paid for what he does. Deal with it and move on.

You missed out the starving in Africa
But thanks for putting everything in perspective.

Re: Hughes Statement

markblackford said:
Stop feeling sorry for this imposter of a manager, he wiil get another job but will never be nothing more than a mid table manager and perhaps if thats what city wanted -yes we should have kept him. Thanks Mr Hughes. for fuck all

Other than a semi final spot you mean, something we haven't achieved for fucking years? Some right nob heads on here, you are one of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.