Hughes Official Statement [Merged]

He really does take the biscuit.....

He really was not in touch with what the club were doing or thinking and therein lies the first fundamental weakness.

He criticises the club for having a replacement lined up

He claims he did not know his job was in peril...

Bloody pricelss. A good manager?? My Arse.

How the fukc can anyone say they're ashamed to support the club?

I don't think even if I was being tortured I could ever say those words (unless, of course, the torture involved having to listen to Westlife's Greatest Hits whilst being forced to watch endless re-runs of The Lenny Henry Show).

Regardless of what happens in the boardroom, we cheer on the players who wear the shirt and take to the pitch - that's what we pay our money for. Opinions can and will be divided over the manager's decisions (tactics, selections, etc), but when all is said and done we support the team that represents the club, not the blokes in suits.

So the upshot is that the chairman states that we had a target (presumably of top 4) agreed between the board and coaching staff. Hughes says his target was top 6 or 70 points (we were on target for 64 points after the match).

So someones telling porkies, I guess people will believe who they want to believe.

The next bit is that we decided to sack him, and didn't warn him about it before we got a replacement. Am I not wrong but is not the sort of thing that every one of us would want the club to do. Being professional some would call it.

moomba said:
So the upshot is that the chairman states that we had a target (presumably of top 4) agreed between the board and coaching staff. Hughes says his target was top 6 or 70 points (we were on target for 64 points after the match).

So someones telling porkies, I guess people will believe who they want to believe.

The next bit is that we decided to sack him, and didn't warn him about it before we got a replacement. Am I not wrong but is not the sort of thing that every one of us would want the club to do. Being professional some would call it.

Jumping to assumptions as ever - what do you know about what was agreed - even the club said top six on the OS.

KentBlue said:
How the fukc can anyone say they're ashamed to support the club?

I don't think even if I was being tortured I could ever say those words (unless, of course, the torture involved having to listen to Westlife's Greatest Hits whilst being forced to watch endless re-runs of The Lenny Henry Show).

Regardless of what happens in the boardroom, we cheer on the players who wear the shirt and take to the pitch - that's what we pay our money for. Opinions can and will be divided over the manager's decisions (tactics, selections, etc), but when all is said and done we support the team that represents the club, not the blokes in suits.

Let me put it this way...

I am ashamed that the club I support has behaved in this way - there are much better ways to have gone about it. And our owners and Coke being schooled in the business world, they should have behaved in a much more dignified way.

They may have thought they were doing what was best for the club, but they were callous in the way that they did it, which Hughes did not deserve.

Also, let's not forget a lot of our draws have been due to dodgy ref decisions, not Hughes.

And also, Dunney said himself Hughes wanted him to stay, Cooke told him he was being sold to balance the books. So please stop embarrassing yourselves by claiming Hughes deserves this for dropping Dunney, as if I remember correctly, Hughes did not once drop Dunney, despite all his fuck us.

Thank you Hughes for wishing us luck in the CC. Top bloke.

GaudinoMotors said:
Jumping to assumptions as ever - what do you know about what was agreed - even the club said top six on the OS.

The chairman said otherwise yesterday. But like I said, we'll all believe who we choose to believe.

moomba said:
GaudinoMotors said:

The chairman said otherwise yesterday. But like I said, we'll all believe who we choose to believe.

Yes but he said at the beginning of the season it was top 6. The point is they obviously changed that recently, or possibly have just decided it now, either way Hughes was on track with the target HE WAS SET AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON.

So you can't now say the target was top four, when the word from the horses (Khaldoon) was that it was top six.

It seems the owner's changed their mind mid season, which is their perogative given what they have spent. But that is a bit unfair on Hughes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.