Hughes Official Statement [Merged]

Re: Hughes Statement

"well.. er...obviously I have been obviously.. er... compromised ..er...in this project which was on track obviously so I was...erm"

i never forgave him for the way he treated Gelson and Berti. fucking unforgivable that was

Mark Hughes Official Statement via LMA

Sorry if posted already...

STATEMENT ISSUED BY THE LEAGUE MANAGERS ASSOCIATION ON BEHALF OF MARK HUGHES

“I was informed after yesterday’s match against Sunderland that my contract with Manchester City was being terminated with immediate effect. Notwithstanding media coverage to the contrary, I was given no forewarning as to the Club’s decision. Given the speed with which my successor’s appointment was announced, it would appear that the Club had made its decision some considerable time ago.

I am extremely disappointed not to have been given the opportunity to see through my plans at the Club. At the beginning of the season I sat down with the owners and it was agreed that a realistic target for the season would be 6th place in the Barclays Premier League, or in the region of 70 points. All of this was communicated to the players and we all knew where we stood. Whilst everyone at the Club would obviously have wanted to see more wins, we were absolutely on target at the time of my dismissal. Only recently we had terrific victories against both Arsenal and Chelsea.

I am very proud of the fact that I steered the Club through the most significant period of change in its history.

I have always been aware of the responsibility that comes with being afforded the luxury of a significant transfer budget, and I was grateful that the Club supported me with significant investment in players. I very much regret, however, that I will not now be able to enjoy the success that would undoubtedly have followed in the light of that investment.

I believe that I have handled with dignity the recent pressure placed upon me by press speculation.

I would like to thank the fans for their support throughout my time at the Club and particularly at this difficult time, and I wish the Club every success in the future, particularly in relation to the forthcoming Carling Cup semi-final, the Club’s first semi-final for 28 years.”

chazmcfc said:
cook, khaldoon you are both twats. handled disgustingly. i am ashamed to be a blue after the events of these past two days.

You are scared of us being successful. I'm ashamed you are calling Khaldoon a twat, you don't deserve someone like him or the Sheik at the club.

The Fixer said:
Damocles said:
Dear Mark,

Thanks for the memories, and the semi of a Carling Cup. Shame it had to end like this, you seemed to give a fuck.

Karma's a woman, hope Dunny is laughing his tits off at you.

I could be wrong here but wasn't dunny slagging cooky off not hughes? i know hughes ultimately decided on who came who went but i'm sure cooky boy had a say in the move?

i heard it was marwood that hoofed dunnie.

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
Hughes(and his team)were masters of dropping stories to the press behind the players backs, so there is a real irony that it ended like this.

Dunne was poor for two years and some of the stuff written on here was embarrassing for me. This is why I rarely post on the main forum of this site, it's full of kids and knee jerkers who don't have the balls to say this shit on a phone in or to anyones face, they just feel brave behind a screen. I much prefer the likes of KOTK where you get sensible mature views from people who have followed the club for decades, not years.

Classic.

bluemanc said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Not according to the statement on the website last night.

Not according to the numerous players who have stated top four was the revised target put to them when signing in the summer.

Not according to the others associated with the club who intimated the same thing this season.

Who exactly are you calling a liar?

The chairman who has an impeccible record since being here? Or an ex manager who has lied, twisted and spun whilst doing anything to avoid people thinking he is responsible for results over the whole of his time here?

Oh, and that ex manager is now in the process of ensuring that he has secured his pay off and that he is seen in the most favourable light possible in preparation for his next job.

You decide.
an ex manager who has lied, twisted and spun
Irony on a scale very rarely seen on here,respect.

Still sniping, Tinfoil?

It's quaint really. Good luck.

I seem to remember him saying in a press conference that Hughes didn't want him, and told him so. He knew he was moving on, even when he was playing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.