Hughes tactically Naive?

Mike D said:
citoeast said:
Post Fulham collapse post:

Big open door opportunity today with most our main threats flopping over the weekend. Two goals up against a team playing their 3rd match in a week, with key players missing.

What do we do, we throw the game away conceding two very soft goals. In the end we were lucky we did not lose this game, the old Fulham always do well against us is a feeble and pathetic excuse; we according to the Manager are not the 'same team.'

Again I ask is Hughes Naive? and When will this defence gel? A comparison of Richard Dunne (£5m) to Joleon Lescott (£24m) is not favourable in terms of value for money or goals conceded in Premiership games played this year.

Its now one win out of five: That I presume is what Mark Hughes calls a 'WINNING MENTALITY' when he slags off last years players.

This manager even fails to recognise the brillance of Petrov, leaves Ireland (best player in Greater Manchester last season) on the bench and seemingly favours work rate over creativity and flare.

Is he the right manager, in terms of delivering trophies and success?

This again is not a Hughes out post, just a post asking questions that need to be asked.

Surely not we have the best manager since Joe Mercer acording to to the Reverand De Niro

i bet you could'nt wait for fulham to equalize.best thing is when we win you dont hear a fucking peep out of you.

Kirkstall Blue said:
I fell for that it's an old thread.
I was just about to launch an attack on De Niro for his comparison of Hughes and Joe Mercer. He never watched Joe's team or he's on a wind up.

where was my comparison with joe? i said he was the best since joe mercer(who by the way i did watch) joe is uncomparable but make no mistake hughes is the best of the rest.
i'm an old man and have seen them all, have you? let me guess, howard kendal was loyal and did'nt like a drink, peter reid played attractive football, and poor steve coppell was misunderstood.

de niro said:
Mike D said:
Surely not we have the best manager since Joe Mercer acording to to the Reverand De Niro

i bet you could'nt wait for fulham to equalize.best thing is when we win you dont hear a fucking peep out of you.

Bickering aside De Niro, I am sure even you must be disappointed at this wasted golden opportunity today. We need more steel, a wining mentality and quick. Most worrying is that we failed to seize control of the game after their first goal and pin them to the wall.

I have said it before and will say it again and again, no matter how often I get berated, Hughes failed to lock up the three points and Barry cannot defend back in our box, the second came after his powder puff challewgne on the edge of our box. Lescott also lost Dempsey for their first goal.

citoeast said:
de niro said:

Bickering aside De Niro, I am sure even you must be disappointed at this wasted golden opportunity today. We need more steel, a wining mentality and quick. Most worrying is that we failed to seize control of the game after their first goal and pin them to the wall.

I have said it before and will say it again and again, no matter how often I get berated, Hughes failed to lock up the three points and Barry cannot defend back in our box, the second came after his powder puff challewgne on the edge of our box. Lescott also lost Dempsey for their first goal.

i was seething with the way we let it slip, i thought we were weak all game, in every department. hughes should have started ireland from the off, we would have opened them up sooner.not sure what he could do about barry and de jong though, they have been awesome all season but today they were poor.lescott had a mare, could turn out to be hughes's worst buy, time yet though.

de niro said:
Kirkstall Blue said:
I fell for that it's an old thread.
I was just about to launch an attack on De Niro for his comparison of Hughes and Joe Mercer. He never watched Joe's team or he's on a wind up.

where was my comparison with joe? i said he was the best since joe mercer(who by the way i did watch) joe is uncomparable but make no mistake hughes is the best of the rest.
i'm an old man and have seen them all, have you? let me guess, howard kendal was loyal and did'nt like a drink, peter reid played attractive football, and poor steve coppell was misunderstood.

I'd rate Allison and Tony Book, before Hughes we've won nothing yet.

Kirkstall Blue said:
de niro said:

I'd rate Allison and Tony Book, before Hughes we've won nothing yet.
Allison couldn't manage for toffee , great coach but no manager, he soldoff all our best players in one fell swoop. Tony book was a good un, he however might find dealing with players of today more than differcult, for a start they would question him on the fact he only came to full time football very late in is career. Fitness and diet wise , work rate etc Hughes is exceptional.

hughes and city have started the season well,his management style is if a player comes in does a good job he keeps his place next game,which is fair enough.ie dejong didnt start the season had cracker v arsenal keeps his place,petrov comes in scores looks the part,bellars nicks swp place purely on his performances onthe left wing.
Its a system of management that players understand,but doesnt help get the better players back onthe team sheet if out through injury or suspension.

rhysmcfc said:
What total wank!

Neither team really fired in the first half, and we lost a player to a bullshit card and played 35 mins down a man.

You sound like a 15 year old rag fan.

Whats your Fulham excuse Rhysmcfc?????????????????????????

Dubai Blue said:
citoeast said:
Who evaluates the manager for Khaldoon Al Mubarak?
Thankfully not you.

What do you want Hughes to say? "We were shit, I'm a shit manager, and a draw with 10 men against a team that recently humped Chelsea and in a stadium we've never previously won at is simply not acceptable. I hereby tender my resignation for delivering such a pathetic result and will consider suicide if it helps appease the bunch of spoilt moaning twats currently throwing their toys all over the place on Bluemoon."

Well Dubai did Fulham also beat Chelsea away??????????????????

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.