Hughes tactically Naive?

The Cyber Goat said:
Totally disagree with all points, was at the game yesterday so don't know any 'stats' but after a dull first half with neither team doing to much we nodded off (plenty of culprits) and were 1-0 down. Then the following happened ... Hughes sent the team out early obviously after a rollicking we pull one back almost immedietly and swp missed an absolute sitter just after, if he scores we win IMO. Then after the sending off we put the 10 men we have left behind the ball and make it difficult for them to open us up and hope to hit them on the break, they however did not commit enough men forward to allow this and we sucessfully defended the point we had. This is something Manchester city have never been able to in my time of watching them (since 88 with mel machin) and shows progress, no it's not swashbuckling or paricularly easy on the eye, we are not playing particularly well atm, but in days gone by we would have lost the last 2, that would be 3 out of 4 and the hatches would be getting battened down, however we are still well in contention for TOP SPOT never mind top four and for me the mark of a good club and 'winning mentality' are the points you get when things are against you, like being down to ten men away from home against a team that just beat Chelsea who are most peoples tip for the league, some would say 2 points dropped and before the game maybe accurate but considering our previous record against them, their current form and the sending off, I see it as a point gained especially as chelsea and Liverpool both lost! Well done Hughes

Well Cyber Goat seems we are fond of Nodding Off, a bit of a habit now.

blue John said:
Any point away from home is a point won and by he same score a point at home is 2 down the drain imo

Still take that view post Fulham, BlueJohn????????????????????

The Fat el Hombre said:
citoeast said:
Hughes praised our performance while yet again rubbishing last years players/team. It was a sign we were top 4 material, apparently.

Get a grip, this is Hughes doing a Fergie by distracting attention away from a dreadful performance. That is the managers' performance.

Martinez outsmarted Hughes second half, who could not respond, seemingly not up to the tactical challegne.

We let in a pathetic goal, Richards fault. We have a defence as leaky as a sieve. injuryies no excuse with our resources and anyway was leaky when at full strength. A leaky defence is not top 4 material.

The sending off just hid the fact that Wigan (new players galore just gelling) took over the game second half (clearly shown by the stats up until the sending off), despite our early goal reposte.

We had our ass kicked by an inferior team, and were lucky, very lucky to get a draw and Hughes celebrates this, pathetic.

Hughes should have taken Zabableta off earlier, it was obvious he was going to get sent off. Hughes should have made tactical changes and substitues earlier.

I am not saying he definitively is not up to the task, because in every box other than tactical, I rate him very highly, but the questions over his tactical ability, and therefore ability to win major honours, remain.

I think this serious weakness will be exposed in the coming Cup matches (No not Scunthorpe) and second half of the season, we will get dumped out of both Cups when up against decent opposition, imho, given Hughes lack of tactical nous.

Who evaluates the manager for Khaldoon Al Mubarak?

Usual bile

Usual result from a poor attitude team with a tendency to nod off like they did against Fulham??????????????????

It feels as though we wasted a massive opportunity to break the Fulham hoodoo today having lost a 2 nil lead but if Hughes was guilty of being tactically naive he will hopefully learn from it and not let it happen again.

You've gotta give credit where it's due though - Fulham played some good football.

Get Kidd on the bench to help.

One of the best tacticians in the buisness IMO.

Re: We are throwing away a huge opportunity

Poor stuff... Given deserves much better aswell, the rest look as though they are happy with just a draw.

Re: We are throwing away a huge opportunity

At least we're not losing, so that must be good right? Jesus christ how much stick am I supposed to get when I'm pointing out drawing against these teams is worse than losing and winning some? And it's not only the results the are appalling, our players are being poooor, also Hughes seems to have bought himself trouble instead of a team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.