Hughes tactically Naive?

Well he did a hell of a lot better tactically than Ancelloti or O"Neill did against Chelsea, he outsmarted Wenger and nearly did Fergie as for benitez he couldn't outsmart a beach ball.

So he may be tactically inept but obviously he is less tactically inept than the other managers at the top so we probably better stick with him.

We get a feckin away draw against our biggest bogey team in the game sonmething Chelsea the title favourites failed to do, (with half our team unfit and our captain out) and still people feckin whinge. Frankly this sort of post would shock me on a Rag site but for A city fan to be whining about drawing away to Wigan with the likes of Bellers, Toure and RObbie out and with 10 men for a fair chunk of the game is laughable!

I agree, not very impressing drawing against Wigan. But most people seem very happy with it, because it's a improvement from last year. Well I guess it is, but a draw? Come on we need to beat these team to break into top 4, or even top 6.

So who will be in the tyop 4 then United lost to Burnley so not them, Chelsea lost to Wigan so by this logic not them, Villa lost to wigan (at home) so not them, Liverpool lose every second game so not them, and Arsenal lost to us who by the fact we can't beat wigan are not top 6 material.

All in all the logic of this is the entire prem will finish outside the top 6!

It was a pretty good result given the circumstances end of........

Post Fulham collapse post:

Big open door opportunity today with most our main threats flopping over the weekend. Two goals up against a team playing their 3rd match in a week, with key players missing.

What do we do, we throw the game away conceding two very soft goals. In the end we were lucky we did not lose this game, the old Fulham always do well against us is a feeble and pathetic excuse; we according to the Manager are not the 'same team.'

Again I ask is Hughes Naive? and When will this defence gel? A comparison of Richard Dunne (£5m) to Joleon Lescott (£24m) is not favourable in terms of value for money or goals conceded in Premiership games played this year.

Its now one win out of five: That I presume is what Mark Hughes calls a 'WINNING MENTALITY' when he slags off last years players.

This manager even fails to recognise the brillance of Petrov, leaves Ireland (best player in Greater Manchester last season) on the bench and seemingly favours work rate over creativity and flare.

Is he the right manager, in terms of delivering trophies and success?

This again is not a Hughes out post, just a post asking questions that need to be asked.

The manager is responsible for defence and it is part of the tactics for the game. We should have shut up shop two up, instead Fulham pumped a few high balls in and walked away with two goals, which could easily have been added to. No clean sheets in 7, WTF how is this defence better than last year, despite all the money spent in the summer, the players are fine it must be down to the Manager and Coaches, after all they are all well proven elsewhere and are internationals.

What does Hughes say,

"We've been caught out a couple of times this season and it seems to be prevalent this year, not just with us but with quite a few of the teams around us."

Ok so it is acceptable then because some other unidentified teams are just as crap as us at defending. Stop making excuses, start delivering, set up the team properly to deliver, get the balance right.

citoeast said:

Big open door opportunity today with most our main threats flopping over the weekend. Two goals up against a team playing their 3rd match in a week, with key players missing.

What do we do, we throw the game away conceding two very soft goals. In the end we were lucky we did not lose this game, the old Fulham always do well against us is a feeble and pathetic excuse; we according to the Manager are not the 'same team.'

Again I ask is Hughes Naive? and When will this defence gel? A comparison of Richard Dunne (£5m) to Joleon Lescott (£24m) is not favourable in terms of value for money or goals conceded in Premiership games played this year.

Its now one win out of five: That I presume is what Mark Hughes calls a 'WINNING MENTALITY' when he slags off last years players.

This manager even fails to recognise the brillance of Petrov, leaves Ireland (best player in Greater Manchester last season) on the bench and seemingly favours work rate over creativity and flare.

This again is not a Hughes out post, just a post asking questions that need to be asked.

These Dunne comparisons need to stop. I am in a massive majority that loved Dunne, but also felt that like he could lose us the game at any moment. I don't feel like that with Lescott and the new defence. They might not be playing well yet but Hughes definitely did the right thing in his signings (and selling in my opinion).

One win out of five is just one of those ridiculous statistics that doesn't take into account the story of each game (10 men at Wigan, and just for the record A DRAW AT VILLA PARK IS GOOD AND ANY TOP FOUR TEAM WOULD TAKE IT).

Failing to recognise the brilliance of Petrov - he's been playing him the last few games hasn't he? And were most people not complaining about his failing to track back today?

As for Ireland, your right, but if he had left out anyone else there would be similar moaning. From what I've heard and what i can gather he's probably the most thorough manager in the league, and yes he is the man to lead us to trophies and success.

GStar said:
Individual errors are not the coaches fault.

correct! Also these players are trying to form a partnership and understanding so give them a chance!!!!! 29 games left.

Just out of interest has anybody noticed how many goals Evilton are letting in since lescott left?

citoeast said:

Surely not we have the best manager since Joe Mercer acording to to the Reverand De Niro

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.