Hughes tactically Naive?

Re: Shout At Me All You Like But We Are Shit

ManCityX said:
I'm bookmarking this topic to bump up in the future.

ps

Top 4 with a game in hand, and we are going through a sticky patch as well!
bull shit, we have had an easy start to the season in my opinion, we need to be taking points against birmingham, villa, wigan fulham. Whats going to happen when we are playing "top 6 sides" away from home? oh dear hughsey

Failsworth_Blue said:
Freestyler said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Aren't you one of the people that wouldn't mind Robinho going aswell? People going on about Bellamy better than Robinho weeks ago don't understand that Bellamy is not good enough against teams like this as they aren't good enough to create chances for others with the ball at their feet

By the way this isn't just Bellamy i'm referring to just linking it to the numerous posts recently saying Bellamy vs Robinho. I like Bellamy but he's much better through the middle where he can use his pace rather than out wide

If robinho would of played today he would of been a waste of time, fo a start it was wet so he doesn't like that, also the game would be to aggresive for him, tackles would of been flying in and he wouldn't be anywhere in sight, birmingham would of BULLIED him out the game, simple as.

rickmcfc said:
ManCityX said:

ps

bull shit, we have had an easy start to the season in my opinion, we need to be taking points against birmingham, villa, wigan fulham. Whats going to happen when we are playing "top 6 sides" away from home? oh dear hughsey

Just lol

Freestyler said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
Aren't you one of the people that wouldn't mind Robinho going aswell? People going on about Bellamy better than Robinho weeks ago don't understand that Bellamy is not good enough against teams like this as they aren't good enough to create chances for others with the ball at their feet

By the way this isn't just Bellamy i'm referring to just linking it to the numerous posts recently saying Bellamy vs Robinho. I like Bellamy but he's much better through the middle where he can use his pace rather than out wide

If robinho would of played today he would of been a waste of time, fo a start it was wet so he doesn't like that, also the game would be to aggresive for him, tackles would of been flying in and he wouldn't be anywhere in sight, birmingham would of BULLIED him out the game, simple as.

Didn't know you was Derren Brown and could tell whats going to happen before it happened. Robinho played against Blackburn who are a bunch of cloggers and had a pretty good game having a hand in our first goal and making Robinson make two excellent saves so who's to say he wouldn't have had a good game today?

rickmcfc said:
ManCityX said:

ps

We should have drawn the scum if not for the ref and Villa are basically a 'top 6 side'.

Re: Shout At Me All You Like But We Are S**t

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Right ok thats my frustration out of the way people really need a reality check perhaps they long for the success we enjoyed under Pearce 15th and 14th place two seasons running????????????????

The start we made was a pleasent surprise because I genuinely thought it may take time for the players to bed in ok perhaps results masked performances but we are a work in progress players are still getting used to the systems and each other and added to that we haven't had a settled starting 11 recently due to injuries etc causing more new formations. It's far to early to judge but to be 4th even with the obvious teething problems shows the league is a lot more open than in previous years but we have managed to stay up there. Ok so it's 4 points out of 12 but all people seem bothered about is the ££££'s spent than thinking about the practicalities of what it will take to turn us into Champions League regulars.

So the best response to my post is summed up by - Things can only get better?

I have watched some very poor teams (after all Im a City fan of 30+ years) but what I saw today, and in the recent weeks has been shockingly pedestrian, lacking passion and imagination and is far from good enough considering the money spent and the talent in the squad.

Remarkably MH seems to be training all of the good stuff out of the team. They were far more impressive when they were unknown to each other in the first month of the season.

As for knee-jerk, no no no no no I have said nothing even though the last few league games deserved comment.

How many more points do we need to avoid relegation? (Joke)

rickmcfc said:
ManCityX said:

ps

Oh yeah ...top 6 sides...we scored 3 at the swamp and got beat in fergie time..

I'll bet no one else gets 3 at the swamp this term.

fbloke said:
I started writing this with 10 minutes to go and my opinion wont change with the result.

City are awful and are going nowhere under Hughes.

There are simply no excuses any more.

The players apparently have the 'winning attitude' but have been made to look very poor over the last month.

Today they have shown the footballing world that the City disease still thrives and is doing well.

I have mostly kept my opinions on the team to myself and have tried to remain positive saying that they needed time, Hughes needed time but I fear that the very best opportunity that City will have of achieving a top 4 finish (other teams dropping lots of points) will go begging because the manager lacks imagination, tactical nouse and the ability to motivate.

I like MH in truth, he has handled the pressure of being Citys manager really well but the outcomes/outputs from his tenure so far have been far from significant.

We all started this season expecting a nervous time as we were likely to keep pace with the big boys but I ahve sat nervously as City 'HELD OUT' for a draw against Birmingham, only doing so after a penalty save.

We are in the top 4 because of a remarkably poor season from so many other teams, Liverpool, Everton, Villa and Spurs amongst them.

I really dont look forward to a game against another big team and I expect Arsenal to more than pay us back come the Carling Cup game.

What positives can you give me for the last months games?

We beat Scunnie, wow! But even they scored and caused us problems.

Come on people, shout at me, call me a dick, call me a rag do your best but please give me good REASONS for being wrong.

The whistle has just gone and the result 0 - 0 thanks to Shay.

How many decent chances did Brum have? Possibly 4. Ho many for City None.

Jeeeeeesus I need a drink after that shocker.

Villa - Draw
Wigan - Draw
Fulham- Draw
Birmingham - Draw

Apart from the Arsenal result we have beaten Blackburn, Wolves, West Ham and Pompey in the league. Top four, dont make me laugh.

The only bad result has been Fulham at home. The other three games where away, and games we would have lost the last 5 seasons.

Get your head out of your arse and wait until January before you start shitting on the team!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.