Hughes tactically Naive?

Re: Glad I didnt renew my season ticket

If the players aren't up to the job then you're always gonna attract criticism , and today too many weren't ...... it really is as simple as that.

Hughes can kid himself all he wants that today was a half decent point against a gritty side who have lost as many home games as they've won ..... but he won't be kidding the vast majority of City fans who will definetely feel that this draw 'feels like a defeat' ....... because that's exactly what it does feel like!

We must do better than this ... and if it hadn't been for Shay Given we'd have lost today ....... we , as fans , probably wouldn't have felt much worse if we actually had of done , but a point is better than nothing i suppose .

Re: Shout At Me All You Like But We Are Shit

samharris said:
rickmcfc said:
bull shit, we have had an easy start to the season in my opinion, we need to be taking points against birmingham, villa, wigan fulham. Whats going to happen when we are playing "top 6 sides" away from home? oh dear hughsey

Oh yeah ...top 6 sides...we scored 3 at the swamp and got beat in fergie time..

I'll bet no one else gets 3 at the swamp this term.
oh right so we picked up points there did we? what a clown. beating the scum at their place isnt going to get us into the top 4, BUT BEATING WIGAN, VILLA, FULHAM ANF BIRMINGHAM WILL YOU SILLY BASTARD

Re: Shout At Me All You Like But We Are Shit

Rammy Blue said:
I'm with you fbloke - great that we are 4th but utter gash.

sick of fucking saying it and sure i will dig up my old thread tomorrow BUT FFS HUGHES 4-4-2 WITH BARRY AND DEJONG IN THE MIDDLE DOESN'T FUCKING WORK.

For f**k sake people like you were saying 4-5-1 Didn't work last year!!!

Re: Shout At Me All You Like But We Are S**t

leewill31 said:
if we were in the bottom 3 i would expect this kind of fooking drivel but we are not so what the fook is the problem with us being 4th from top without hitting form yet ffs.

that damn manager not living up to the expectations of all the moaning ***** on this board and not having us aiming for mid table how dare he!

completly agree, if we were anywhere below 8th position i would probaly be spouting this shit aswell. but we are currently 4th so just fucking shut up and enjoy it

scorer said:
fbloke said:
Please make the point that we are top 4 at the moment as a positive.

We are only there because of other teams major implosions, Everton and Liverpool most notably.

If this months points tally is replicated in the next month then we are definitely in trouble.

The fact that we would have lost last year is laughably negative in itself. After all it took a MoTM display by Shay to save the point.

Its Birmingham people.

....but they did get promoted last year and have spent ohhh... at least £10m

The trouble is we all know you hate Hughes and if we had won 10 out of 10 you would still have something to moan about.

I am sure you where so happy we didn't win today!!

fbloke said:
Remarkably MH seems to be training all of the good stuff out of the team. They were far more impressive when they were unknown to each other in the first month of the season.

Not sure why that is remarkable. He did it last season as well...in fact what Hughes needs to do is buy 2 or 3 new players every 3 months or so and we would be a shoe in for the title :)

After the Birmingham debacle does anyone actually still disagree that Hughes is tactically naive, if yes get help.

The media said we had 9 strikers at the start of the season , Where the f**k are they.
HUGHES is playing a striker (Bellamy) down the left when Petrov is clearly a player in form and should be starting , also he is playing SWP who is clearly not at his best . But he is starting RSC who is struggling to say the least.
Last seasons player of the year was great when played as an attacking midfielder, so what i will do is stop him attacking and stop everything that is good about him!!!
Barry was awful today but i will take De Jong off.

fbloke said:
So the best response to my post is summed up by - Things can only get better?

I have watched some very poor teams (after all Im a City fan of 30+ years) but what I saw today, and in the recent weeks has been shockingly pedestrian, lacking passion and imagination and is far from good enough considering the money spent and the talent in the squad.

Remarkably MH seems to be training all of the good stuff out of the team. They were far more impressive when they were unknown to each other in the first month of the season.

As for knee-jerk, no no no no no I have said nothing even though the last few league games deserved comment.

How many more points do we need to avoid relegation? (Joke)

Soz!! But you are the sort of City fan that gives our reputation of bitters some credence.

Hughes got it wrong today too defensive from the start he needs to hold his hands up for this one. As for the players top 4 teams dont necessarily play well but still manage to win against the teams we have played recently. Disappointing form and results at the moment lets hope we regain our start of season performances soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.