Hughes tactically Naive?

Re: Shout At Me All You Like But We Are S**t

I think when he decides to play Ireland he needs to be pushed further up the pitch.

I think Barry should have come off, left Nige Defensive and let Stevie wonder up the pitch as he did so well lasty season.

As for Santa Cruz, all i could do was say 'Adebayor would have won that,' 'Adebayor would have been there.' I hope he improves.

Delighted we're still in the running for, and are in , the top four, but i was disappointed by the performance today.

Here is MH's opinion

"In terms of performance level it was probably the poorest we've played for some time. I was expecting us to show more quality. Shay Given was outstanding and needed to be at times. We are a work in progress and I'm sure we'll have more days like this but we'll take it as positive that we've taken something from this game."

Work in progress, yeah heard that before.

More days like this - Looking forward to that.

Positive that we've take something from the game - ha ha ha ha ha ha Birmingham, 1 point

i cant see what ppl are moaning about , it wasn't that long ago we was playing teams like Lincoln , grimsby an the like . we have come a long way since then. we are 4th with a game in hand , some of you coonts easily forget .

BL2blue said:
monkylarr said:
The media said we had 9 strikers at the start of the season , Where the f**k are they.
HUGHES is playing a striker (Bellamy) down the left when Petrov is clearly a player in form and should be starting , also he is playing SWP who is clearly not at his best . But he is starting RSC who is struggling to say the least.
Last seasons player of the year was great when played as an attacking midfielder, so what i will do is stop him attacking and stop everything that is good about him!!!
Barry was awful today but i will take De Jong off.

Barry was poor but De Jong was even worse! The sub was correct. Ireland did fuck all when he came on anyway.

Bellamy has been fantastic so far this season in that position.

It's not a bad result.Some of our fans have delusions of grandeur. The plan is on track. We are 4th with a game in hand and we have SO much improving to do.Surely that is a positive.

Some City fans need a reality check.

And some have had the reality check. 4 points in 4 games against the mediocrity and below of the premier league.

Chelsea have a quality manager

and it is showing.

For a couple of years they have struggled even though thay had in my opinion the best squad of players.

At the beginning of the season it seemed fairly obvious that with one of world football´s best managers installed they would improve and so it came to pass.

City on the other hand have a very talented squad but an average manager and even if MH were to spend 400 million we will not win the league.

Take today as an example. He seems to think to win a game you just put more attacking players on. We finished with the three little guys up front as well as Petrov and Ireland and still we created little. Just like last week too many strikers and no-one to pass to them.

Individually Tevez, Bellamy and SWP had quite good games. But collectively we were poor.

That is down to the manager I am afraid. we have seen too many performances like this over the last season. Of course nothing will be done because Hughes is not a disastrous manager and he has bought some great players. But to win things you need quality off the field as well as on it.

Can´t disagree too much with the O.P but we still haven´t got a settled first 11 and therefore a team pattern and consistency hasn´t emerged - still a couple class players short which should be rectified come Jan - it was never gonna happen in the first 3 months - jury still out for me regarding M.H. tactically

Re: Whoever slags us off....

Pigeonho said:
....is a dick head.

My tin hat is firmly OFF because unlike fbloke, I don't need to make a massive article about why we are 'shit', because we're not. What we are infact is beaten only once, by the CHAMPIONS, and are 4th with a game in hand. If sincerely wish i had a button to press which would take some of our so called 'fans' back to this time ten years ago when there was something genuine to moan about, like a shit, falling down stadium, like Andy fucking Morrison, like no hope of top ten, let alone top 4, like a shit kit, like all the other shit 10 years ago gave us.

Some people not only need to give their heads a fucking bastard twat-faced wobble, they need to completely disengage their heads altogether and realise exactly where we fucking are.

Disgrace does not sound enough for some of you.

Totally agree with your sentiments mate, but no need to bring Andy Morrison into it! There's some far more deserving cases!

Some of our fans need to have a look at themselves though with their comments/attitude. I dread Burnley at home if we're not 3 up in the first 20 minutes given the attitude of these people.

fbloke said:
Here is MH's opinion

"In terms of performance level it was probably the poorest we've played for some time. I was expecting us to show more quality. Shay Given was outstanding and needed to be at times. We are a work in progress and I'm sure we'll have more days like this but we'll take it as positive that we've taken something from this game."

Work in progress, yeah heard that before.

More days like this - Looking forward to that.

Positive that we've take something from the game - ha ha ha ha ha ha Birmingham, 1 point

i couldnt see any positives from that game only shay given saved us from humiliation(sp??)

Re: Whoever slags us off....

sweep said:
Yeah we're 4th, no areas we can improve on, no way should we be expecting 3 points at Brum, might as well just pat ourselves on the back and close the board down.

Fucking no we should NOT expect 3 points at Brum. What a stupid, arrogant and very Man United thing to say, saying that though not even their fans are arrogant enough to expect 3 points at places like Birmingham. I can only presume you are a 'new fan' who knows fucking nothing about us, or football in general. 'Expect 3 points at Birmingham', utter, utter disfrace.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.