Hughes tactically Naive?

Re: Not Over-Reacting...but that was S***E

Carl_Man_City said:
scorer said:
Speak for yourself.

Been following this club since 1968 and this (relatively speaking) is as bad as we've ever been.

That im afraid is bullshit. Were in the top 4 with a game in hand. If you seriously think that thats as poor as the days we were in the lower tiers or even recently the last season under Pearce then you are deluded. This is a team of individuals trying to gel at the moment and a team who will only get better. We've been hit with injuries worse than Spurs Chelsea Arsenal and the rags. Once we can consistently play our best team you will see us becoming a lot stronger. The last couple of seasons we've been well too easy to roll over this season only loosing one game shows we are more solid.

We are only top 4 because all around are shite this year (thankfully).

Having fielded a full team (eleven) of Hughes's costing in the order of £150m.... I think to start saying we have injury problems is a bit of a joke.

We have been poor over the last few weeks.

You should go to specsavers.

4th,

game in hand.

robinho out last 6 games.

team only 3 months old.

lost (sorry, robbed) once all season !

scorer said:
Having fielded a full team (eleven) of Hughes's costing in the order of £150m.

very interesting point Scorer, had not crossed my mind that this was the case.

scorer said:
Carl_Man_City said:
That im afraid is bullshit. Were in the top 4 with a game in hand. If you seriously think that thats as poor as the days we were in the lower tiers or even recently the last season under Pearce then you are deluded. This is a team of individuals trying to gel at the moment and a team who will only get better. We've been hit with injuries worse than Spurs Chelsea Arsenal and the rags. Once we can consistently play our best team you will see us becoming a lot stronger. The last couple of seasons we've been well too easy to roll over this season only loosing one game shows we are more solid.

Having fielded a full team (eleven) of Hughes's costing in the order of £150m.... I think to start saying we have injury problems is a bit of a joke.

No don't think I need to go specsavers i'd say you needed too a good 20 years ago if you seriously think we are at our worse since 1968. Its a results business and so far the fact that we are in 4th with a game in hand averaging 2 points a game shows were not doing as bad as your making out.

Bazzmand Show said:
My issue with the current system is that it's not conducive to possession orientated, fluent football- which is the kind of football our players are born to play. We have players with excellent spacial awareness and good ability on the ball- Adebayor, Ireland, Tevez, Robinho. Playing a one dimensional 4-4-2 is OK in certain circumstances- like at the Emirates or Old Trafford where you concede possession and look to win/draw games on the counterattack. When at home or in 'easier' away games like Birmingham this afternoon we need to completely dictate the play and have the opposition trying to snatch a sneaky goal.

When Ireland's on the pitch, his strong points are not utilised because half the time the ball is going from the defence straight to either our striker(s) or the other team's defence. We can be much more effective through keeping the ball on the deck and Ireland, Tevez, Robinho and creating opportunities and making penetrating runs. Like I said in a different thread a few days ago, carelessness in possession is causing a lot of the pressure we see the defenders put under. If they are instructed to keep it simple and pass it to the nearest available player, we'll see a lot of that pressure vanish.

I'm not arguing against physicality, because it and counterattacking tactics can be crucial- but only in certain circumstances.

Excellent post. You've highlighted the main issues that have contributed to our run of draws and what we need to do to get back on the winning trail.

MH needs to get footballers into the team. He needs to get away from the huff and puff effort game and try get a blend of strength and skill and encourage the team to try keep the ball. We have to use our quality against weaker sides. We sank to Birmingham's level and we be shouldn't be doing that.

The question is: does he trust skilful players ?

Carl_Man_City said:
scorer said:

No don't think I need to go specsavers i'd say you needed too a good 20 years ago if you seriously think we are at our worse since 1968. Its a results business and so far the fact that we are in 4th with a game in hand averaging 2 points a game shows were not doing as bad as your making out.
regardless of results at the mo, or our position in the league, the dross we suffered through the eighties and most of the nineties is far worse than the team of the day
scorer doesn't think so because his hatred of hughes clouds his eyesight
it is he who should visit specsavers

squirtyflower said:
Carl_Man_City said:
regardless of results at the mo, or our position in the league, the dross we suffered through the eighties and most of the nineties is far worse than the team of the day
scorer doesn't think so because his hatred of hughes clouds his eyesight
it is he who should visit specsavers

£150m... eleven of Hughes players, crap performance.

We have never had this kind of money in the past. We are only fourth because all around us are doing as badly as are we.

I think this is thread and others where we seem divided all boils down to 'expectation'. Hughes has come out and said that handling expectation is now one of his hardest jobs.

Basically our expectations have now changed coz of the money we've spent and some on here have higher expectations of where we should be than others. Nought wrong with that.

As far as the club are concerned they've said 6th and above, though in inner circles they've probs set sights higher - nought wrong with this either, they don't want us to expect too much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.