Hughes tactically Naive?

Re: Not Over-Reacting...but that was S***E

scorer said:
TheLegendOfBerti said:
How'd you work that 1 out?

The amount of money we've spent is phenomenal. Our performances and results do not even begin to reflect that amount of money, in my opinion.

In the past we were crap on the field but I don't think we have ever have had access to this amount of funding before, so relatively speaking, IMO we are doing very poorly.

Money doesn't automaticlly equal success... We're currently 4th with a game in hand on merit. We've a lot of improving to do, but your off your rocker if you think this (even relitavely speaking) is " as poor as we've been".

Where have you been the past few weeks anyway? Very quiet at the start of the season when things were rosey, but now theres a chance to moan and attempt an "i told you so"? Perhaps i'vr just missed when you've posted.

City Raider said:
sam221985 said:
Isn't it weird how the 'tactically naive' are always accompolished professional coaches while all the tactically insightful people are posting on message boards?

lol, has always made me laugh - when we don't win its tactical naiveity, when we win its tactical genius, more often than not it's the same tactics!

Its an easy stick to beat a manager with as you need absolutely no subject knowledge!

No mate, win or lose Hughes appears tactically naive. Drawing 4 of our last 4 Premiership games is hardly top drawer, espeicially against middle or lower grade premiership opposition. 4 draws, 1 win, 1 losshardly good for a last 6 games record. How is this a WINNING MENTALITY.

Do not even start me on the standard of performance, Bellamy was complaining about tactics from 5 minutes in and getting no response worth shit to change things from the bench. Last week according to Hughes was our worse performance of the season. It is now the second worse, well done Mark I can see the effect you have on the team after a rank bad performance.

The clock is ticking and the excuses wearing thin.

GStar said:
scorer said:
The amount of money we've spent is phenomenal. Our performances and results do not even begin to reflect that amount of money, in my opinion.

In the past we were crap on the field but I don't think we have ever have had access to this amount of funding before, so relatively speaking, IMO we are doing very poorly.

Money doesn't automaticlly equal success... We're currently 4th with a game in hand on merit. We've a lot of improving to do, but your off your rocker if you think this (even relitavely speaking) is " as poor as we've been".

Where have you been the past few weeks anyway? Very quiet at the start of the season when things were rosey, but now theres a chance to moan and attempt an "i told you so"? Perhaps i'vr just missed when you've posted.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=137944" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=137944</a>

Personally I would not say we were 4th on merit, more like because others have faultered badly.

No matter how hard you try you cannot put a shine on our performances, they have been poor... but hey give him time!

citoeast said:
City Raider said:
lol, has always made me laugh - when we don't win its tactical naiveity, when we win its tactical genius, more often than not it's the same tactics!

Its an easy stick to beat a manager with as you need absolutely no subject knowledge!

No mate, win or lose Hughes appears tactically naive. Drawing 4 of our last 4 Premiership games is hardly top drawer, espeicially against middle or lower grade premiership opposition. 4 draws, 1 win, 1 losshardly good for a last 6 games record. How is this a WINNING MENTALITY.

Do not even start me on the standard of performance, Bellamy was complaining about tactics from 5 minutes in and getting no response worth shit to change things from the bench. Last week according to Hughes was our worse performance of the season. It is now the second worse, well done Mark I can see the effect you have on the team after a rank bad performance.

The clock is ticking and the excuses wearing thin.

Read what I'm saying. I've not commented whether he's doing a good or bad job.

And what is it you are saying? A winning mentality is different to being tactically naive. You might be right if your questioning whether he can give our players a winning mentality - but is he tactically naive? I doubt it and I'll back him on tactics over any poster on this board.

scorer said:
Tbilisi said:
How long you been watching us you glory hunting tw@t?

Me and all the other old Blues know what its like to be shite and this is nowhere near it!

Speak for yourself.

Been following this club since 1968 and this (relatively speaking) is as bad as we've ever been.

That im afraid is bullshit. Were in the top 4 with a game in hand. If you seriously think that thats as poor as the days we were in the lower tiers or even recently the last season under Pearce then you are deluded. This is a team of individuals trying to gel at the moment and a team who will only get better. We've been hit with injuries worse than Spurs Chelsea Arsenal and the rags. Once we can consistently play our best team you will see us becoming a lot stronger. The last couple of seasons we've been well too easy to roll over this season only loosing one game shows we are more solid.

That im afraid is bullshit. Were in the top 4 with a game in hand. If you seriously think that thats as poor as the days we were in the lower tiers or even recently the last season under Pearce then you are deluded. This is a team of individuals trying to gel at the moment and a team who will only get better. We've been hit with injuries worse than Spurs Chelsea Arsenal and the rags. Once we can consistently play our best team you will see us becoming a lot stronger. The last couple of seasons we've been well too easy to roll over this season only loosing one game shows we are more solid.[/quote]

we haven't been playing well though mate have we? i think hughes tactics need some work....nothing ever seems to change in the way we play, isn't it hughes job to make changes to influence the team so we improve? for instance of the games superman has started we have won more than we have drawn. surely he should have started him against brum? a manager who knows his tactics would know from that 1st 45mins that something needed to change....so why does he persist fer another 20mins until realising it needs changing?....i think hughes could do with a steve clarke next him too be honest.

My issue with the current system is that it's not conducive to possession orientated, fluent football- which is the kind of football our players are born to play. We have players with excellent spacial awareness and good ability on the ball- Adebayor, Ireland, Tevez, Robinho. Playing a one dimensional 4-4-2 is OK in certain circumstances- like at the Emirates or Old Trafford where you concede possession and look to win/draw games on the counterattack. When at home or in 'easier' away games like Birmingham this afternoon we need to completely dictate the play and have the opposition trying to snatch a sneaky goal.

When Ireland's on the pitch, his strong points are not utilised because half the time the ball is going from the defence straight to either our striker(s) or the other team's defence. We can be much more effective through keeping the ball on the deck and Ireland, Tevez, Robinho and creating opportunities and making penetrating runs. Like I said in a different thread a few days ago, carelessness in possession is causing a lot of the pressure we see the defenders put under. If they are instructed to keep it simple and pass it to the nearest available player, we'll see a lot of that pressure vanish.

I'm not arguing against physicality, because it and counterattacking tactics can be crucial- but only in certain circumstances.

Bazzmand Show said:
My issue with the current system is that it's not conducive to possession orientated, fluent football- which is the kind of football our players are born to play. We have players with excellent spacial awareness and good ability on the ball- Adebayor, Ireland, Tevez, Robinho. Playing a one dimensional 4-4-2 is OK in certain circumstances- like at the Emirates or Old Trafford where you concede possession and look to win/draw games on the counterattack. When at home or in 'easier' away games like Birmingham this afternoon we need to completely dictate the play and have the opposition trying to snatch a sneaky goal.

When Ireland's on the pitch, his strong points are not utilised because half the time the ball is going from the defence straight to either our striker(s) or the other team's defence. We can be much more effective through keeping the ball on the deck and Ireland, Tevez, Robinho and creating opportunities and making penetrating runs. Like I said in a different thread a few days ago, carelessness in possession is causing a lot of the pressure we see the defenders put under. If they are instructed to keep it simple and pass it to the nearest available player, we'll see a lot of that pressure vanish.

I'm not arguing against physicality, because it and counterattacking tactics can be crucial- but only in certain circumstances.

think 4-3-3 is a system which suits our team a lot more

Given
Zaba Toure Lescott Bridge
De Jong
Ireland Barry
Tevez Bellers
Ade

why don't we try the chelsea diamond? seems to be workin well for them and we've got the calibre of players at our disposal now to experiment.........why doesn't he just try something different? just seems to plod along with the same system and crosses his fingers each week for a result.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.