Hughes tactically Naive?

Wrighty Wrexham said:
u2fme2 said:
ireland should have started,petrov as well with bellamy up front
sata cruz did fuck all

Santa Cruz did not get much supply to be fair!
Santa Cruz doesn't look anywhere near fit enough to be playing prem games at the moment but it is fair to say he got poor service. Although if you play Bellamy and SWP wide, both of whom are poor crossers of a ball, you partner him with Tevez who plays very deep and rarely puts in an incisive pass and you leave Ireland on the bench where is his supply supposed to come from?
Poor tactics.

sweep said:
Wrighty Wrexham said:
Santa Cruz did not get much supply to be fair!
Santa Cruz doesn't look anywhere near fit enough to be playing prem games at the moment but it is fair to say he got poor service. Although if you play Bellamy and SWP wide, both of whom are poor crossers of a ball, you partner him with Tevez who plays very deep and rarely puts in an incisive pass and you leave Ireland on the bench where is his supply supposed to come from?
Poor tactics.
Tevez who plays very deep and rarely puts in an incisive pass
Shame you missed the game yesterday he did just that for SWP & it's THAT kind of pass he's looking to deliver & get on the end of.
We had a bad day & it's guesswork thinking Ireland would have made a difference, he made well have struggled for the whole game in the sameway he did when he came on.

bluemanc said:
sweep said:
Poor tactics.
Tevez who plays very deep and rarely puts in an incisive pass
Shame you missed the game yesterday he did just that for SWP & it's THAT kind of pass he's looking to deliver & get on the end of.
We had a bad day & it's guesswork thinking Ireland would have made a difference, he made well have struggled for the whole game in the sameway he did when he came on.
If I'd said "never puts in an incisive pass" you'd have a point, look up "rarely" in the dictionary you'll find the two words have different meanings. If you'd watched the game yesterday you'd have seen Ireland execute more than one decent forward pass, so no guesswork involved.

Stick to calling people rags, its more your level.

there are a few strange decisions from mh what i cant get my head around cruz was brought off and petrov on why would you do this when cruz who lets be honest wasnt very mobile but is a big twat and he will win an header and probably get us a goal in the air.my other is would you of let dunne go and keep richards and also buy lescot who to me looks shite.i also think its disgraceful to have jhonson on the bench with a double chin when we have some good fit as a fiddle youngsters who could do a job if given half the chance

ello_jo said:
You, citoeast, are an idiot... Discuss

Even if I am it makes little difference to the fact Hughes, who is 90% sound as a manager is unfortunately seemingly tactically found wanting and prefers boot and hoof football to pass and move; hence why Stephen Ireland, Robinho and creative players struggle to get in the team, and why Elano left.

Still good point, your personal abuse, most helpful Ello_Jo.

Bazzmand Show said:
My issue with the current system is that it's not conducive to possession orientated, fluent football- which is the kind of football our players are born to play. We have players with excellent spacial awareness and good ability on the ball- Adebayor, Ireland, Tevez, Robinho. Playing a one dimensional 4-4-2 is OK in certain circumstances- like at the Emirates or Old Trafford where you concede possession and look to win/draw games on the counterattack. When at home or in 'easier' away games like Birmingham this afternoon we need to completely dictate the play and have the opposition trying to snatch a sneaky goal.

When Ireland's on the pitch, his strong points are not utilised because half the time the ball is going from the defence straight to either our striker(s) or the other team's defence. We can be much more effective through keeping the ball on the deck and Ireland, Tevez, Robinho and creating opportunities and making penetrating runs. Like I said in a different thread a few days ago, carelessness in possession is causing a lot of the pressure we see the defenders put under. If they are instructed to keep it simple and pass it to the nearest available player, we'll see a lot of that pressure vanish.

I'm not arguing against physicality, because it and counterattacking tactics can be crucial- but only in certain circumstances.

Good well thought out post, which I broadly agree with.

For the record I do not want Hughes out, I want Hughes to improve or get tactical knowledge onto our bench asap.

I also want us to play a pass and move game, accommodating creativity and flair. Maybe Hughes is right boring defensive football now to consolidate then explode second half of season; I will wait and see.

RSC looked terribly off the pace on sunday. But he needs games under his belt. He's different than the other strikers we have so worth persevering on I think. It's bizarre not starting ireland though. What's he done wrong. He started the first 5 games, of which we won 4.

Post Burnley POST MORTEM

Can we speak the truth now, or do we still have to pretend all in the garden is rosy. Hughes is tactically naive, today once again reinforces the point. 3 goals conceded all soft goals. Two down then 3 2 up and yet we still throw it away. Anymore it is a good draw we are 4th, 5th, 6th dropping shit. Wake up smell the salts we are not evn top 6 playing like this.

How bad do we have to get before we can be honest and realistic about the manager?

And no I am not jumping on a bad result I have been saying it for over a year and saying it on this thread for weeks and weeks.

It is now getting embarrassing.

We are behind Aston Villa and further behind the leaders, but oh yes we have only lost one so everything is wonderful. These results are pathetic given our advantages.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.