Hughes tactically Naive?

ono said:
smithy167 said:
Why are you embarrassed(sp)? Its football how can you be embarrassed to be a city fan like i said fans like you are embarrassing.
I'm embarassing for saying conceding 3 goals at home to a Burnley side who haven't come close to winning away all season, is embarassing? Get a grip mate. We've spent £200m+, it's worse than embarassing.

EDIT: I never said i was embarassed to be a City fan. I'm proud to be a city fan. I'm embarassed about today's result, and bewildered by our form over the last 5 games.
I never get embarassed by a city result, gutted maybe, never embarassed living in sale im always arguing with my red mates they would love me to be embarassed by city but that will never happen.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but when we get it back to 3-2 we simply need to close out the game and take the points, even if it means being dull for twenty minutes. Can't help thinking De Jong should have been introduced.

My personal view when we first got hughes as manager i thought oh no as I thought he was a good manager at putting together a bunch of kickers a la blackburn,now i'm thinking I am still right and now i'm thinking he is a long ball merchant which is why he bought santa cruz as well.
Petrov right wing and swp left!! (scratches head),it might help if he got off his arse during a game and started shouting a few instructions instead of relying on another clueless idiot in mark bowen.
clueless

Everyone got what they wanted today: De Jong out Ireland in.

So its a bit rich everyone moaning... People like myself and Didsbury Dave still think 433/4231 is our best formation, but the majority of moaners tonight got exactly what they had been asking all week for.

GStar said:
Everyone got what they wanted today: De Jong out Ireland in.

So its a bit rich everyone moaning... People like myself and Didsbury Dave still think 433/4231 is our best formation, but the majority of moaners tonight got exactly what they had been asking all week for.
Not this moaner, its 433 for me too. That means Ireland in, De Jong/Kompany in and Barry in, maybe then the worst away team in the league wouldn't be able to waltz through us as if we weren't there, but it would mean dropping an expensive signing.

Edit: and if anyone can explain Petrov on the right and SWP on the left, I'll doff my cap to them.

Would anyone like to see an opinion piece on why City failed to win today, by a humble student of the game? NB the clue is where I've put this post. I'll either put it in here, or might start a new thread- what do we think?

goat boy said:
Would anyone like to see an opinion piece on why City failed to win today, by a humble student of the game? NB the clue is where I've put this post. I'll either put it in here, or might start a new thread- what do we think?

If you think its because Hughes is "tactically naive" then stick it in here, if not then perhaps in a different thread.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.