Hughes..the reality

Blue4ever85 said:
I think the OP is right.

I think Hughes is shit and im not the only one, by far.

I also think us as City fans rate our own players much better than they actually are -

SWP - First touch is wank & runs into people - DOES NOT GET FOULED ALL-DAY LONG. Just runs into people.

Kompany - Decent, but shit at passing

de Jong - Thinks its rugby and doesn't pass forward.

Bridge - Has he even made a tackle in a City shirt????

I agree with all of this except swp also think kompany is a centre half nothing more nothing less and a good one.
Zabaleta - Good coming forward (good, not excellent), but quite poor at defending.

Just my views however

blueonblue said:
No mate, Hughes is causing the problem because he is incapable and can not do his job, hence the constant whinging that its anything other than him that effects the team, saying Nedum would have disapeared under S.P. is yet more nonsense as not only did he bring him in but he made him a regular in the u/21s and has predicted a big future for the lad, he was good before Hughes started polluting the managers office and then wanted to sell him (Without seeing him play much because of injury), to claim him or Ireland as some pointer to Hughes competance is boll*cks.

The academy staff is made up of coaches who have built up over many years the benchmark for all academies, with the many years of experiance they have in football between them for instance they would know a numpty when they see one..........and in Hughes they do,

As for spreading stories, perhaps the use of the media via leaks from the Hughes camp trying to discredit anyone he wants rid of or bumming him up , should be of more concern than people who have the proven know how and experiance to judge, expressing their opinions to people they know that we have a clueless clown Not being able to do his job.

IIRC Mammutly, Moomba, Scorer, and JMA were disgusted by this back in the Autumn, but at the time there seemed to be few who would attribute such behaviour to Hughes and the staff. Enquiries on a Blackburn forum about whether there were ever cases of leaks, or suspicion of same, whilst Hughes was at Blackburn, might prove useful one way or another. Hughes seeming hypocrisy in giving Elano a slap, whilst he blithely talked about an extension to his own contract raised a few eyebrows. Before he left Blackburn he spoke about honouring contracts and loyalty to the board there. He signed a three-year contract in November 2007 after seeking reassurances from the board, but left pretty quickly.

I remember when Hughes took the job on he understood he was expected to finish in the top six, and thus qualify for Europe.

"Mark Hughes is under instructions to supply Thaksin Shinawatra with a minimum top-six finish, and qualification for Europe, at Manchester City if he wants to avoid the same fate as Sven-Goran Eriksson. Hughes, whose appointment was confirmed yesterday, has been left in no doubt that the owner will not tolerate anything but a concerted effort to gatecrash the Premier League's "big four".
source: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/jun/05/manchestercity.blackburn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008 ... .blackburn</a>

Shortly after the ADUG takeover it seems to me expectations were "managed" (lowered), whilst the time-frame was lengthened: at the same time many blues began to say, "stop being impatient and unrealistic", and "you're acting like plastic rags, and "it takes time, a lot of time".

Remember this?

"I want this club to advance faster, much faster. Sven is a good football general, but we need more. We must play with more consistency, much more urgency." source: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/mancity/2302463/Thaksin-Shinawatras-vision-for-Man-City.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... -City.html</a>

Did Hughes not agree with Frank on the expectations and timetable during the interview process? I wonder if Frank's short-term goal was adopted by ADUG. I know Sheik Mansour gave Hughes "my absolute mandate to implement his plans", but what ARE his SPECIFIC plans? How do we know if he has implemented them or not?
source:http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/nov/13/manchestercity

Are ADUG holding Hughes to Frank's top six finish?

Elano's recent faux pas re Globoesporte.com, Micah, Dunnie, Ned, Sweep, Stevie, and so on...a general question: do City players have to get approval from "someone" at City before agreeing to an interview in any form? Are City players sat in a classroom for so many hours a year learning and brushing up on "how to deal with the media"? Are City players under any contractual obligation to make themselves available to the media?

"Elano's recent faux pas re Globoesporte.com, Micah, Dunnie, Ned, Sweep, Stevie, and so on...a general question: do City players have to get approval from "someone" at City before agreeing to an interview in any form? Are City players sat in a classroom for so many hours a year learning and brushing up on "how to deal with the media"? Are City players under any contractual obligation to make themselves available to the media?"

Most big organisations have a policy against 'Whistleblowers' and football clubs are no exception, if a £50k a week player thinks life is unbearable with his present club, then he should move and then speak to the press or put his thoughts in his auto-biography. Players are the most high-profile representitives of a football club and the last thing a club wants is one of their own bad-mouthing it in any way. The media is firmly against us at the best of times, we don't need an enemy on the inside fuelling them.

cyberblue said:
Hughes hasnt even done the job he was hired to do in the 1st place. Thaskin hired him apparently to make us harder to beat, better away form and make training more proffesional, all on a budget and if anyone cares to remember hughes went to great lengths at the start of the season to make it clear that he had the final say on Jo but the minute he gets new owners behind him with money its quiet clear he never has or never will want anything to do with him

So we are now more or less at the end and I ask has he achieved any of these goals?

so it could be complete bollox as well

Brucie Bonus said:
blueonblue said:
No mate, Hughes is causing the problem because he is incapable and can not do his job, hence the constant whinging that its anything other than him that effects the team, saying Nedum would have disapeared under S.P. is yet more nonsense as not only did he bring him in but he made him a regular in the u/21s and has predicted a big future for the lad, he was good before Hughes started polluting the managers office and then wanted to sell him (Without seeing him play much because of injury), to claim him or Ireland as some pointer to Hughes competance is boll*cks.

The academy staff is made up of coaches who have built up over many years the benchmark for all academies, with the many years of experiance they have in football between them for instance they would know a numpty when they see one..........and in Hughes they do,

As for spreading stories, perhaps the use of the media via leaks from the Hughes camp trying to discredit anyone he wants rid of or bumming him up , should be of more concern than people who have the proven know how and experiance to judge, expressing their opinions to people they know that we have a clueless clown Not being able to do his job.

IIRC Mammutly, Moomba, Scorer, and JMA were disgusted by this back in the Autumn, but at the time there seemed to be few who would attribute such behaviour to Hughes and the staff. Enquiries on a Blackburn forum about whether there were ever cases of leaks, or suspicion of same, whilst Hughes was at Blackburn, might prove useful one way or another. Hughes seeming hypocrisy in giving Elano a slap, whilst he blithely talked about an extension to his own contract raised a few eyebrows. Before he left Blackburn he spoke about honouring contracts and loyalty to the board there. He signed a three-year contract in November 2007 after seeking reassurances from the board, but left pretty quickly.

I remember when Hughes took the job on he understood he was expected to finish in the top six, and thus qualify for Europe.

"Mark Hughes is under instructions to supply Thaksin Shinawatra with a minimum top-six finish, and qualification for Europe, at Manchester City if he wants to avoid the same fate as Sven-Goran Eriksson. Hughes, whose appointment was confirmed yesterday, has been left in no doubt that the owner will not tolerate anything but a concerted effort to gatecrash the Premier League's "big four".
source: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/jun/05/manchestercity.blackburn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008 ... .blackburn</a>

Shortly after the ADUG takeover it seems to me expectations were "managed" (lowered), whilst the time-frame was lengthened: at the same time many blues began to say, "stop being impatient and unrealistic", and "you're acting like plastic rags, and "it takes time, a lot of time".

Remember this?

"I want this club to advance faster, much faster. Sven is a good football general, but we need more. We must play with more consistency, much more urgency." source: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/mancity/2302463/Thaksin-Shinawatras-vision-for-Man-City.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... -City.html</a>

Did Hughes not agree with Frank on the expectations and timetable during the interview process? I wonder if Frank's short-term goal was adopted by ADUG. I know Sheik Mansour gave Hughes "my absolute mandate to implement his plans", but what ARE his SPECIFIC plans? How do we know if he has implemented them or not?

Elano's recent faux pas re Globoesporte.com, Micah, Dunnie, Ned, Sweep, Stevie, and so on...a general question: do City players have to get approval from "someone" at City before agreeing to an interview in any form? Are City players sat in a classroom for so many hours a year learning and brushing up on "how to deal with the media"? Are City players under any contractual obligation to make themselves available to the media?

Oh come on seriously, how many times have you 'planned' to do something and its taken a little longer and more expensive than you planned....christ sake man, just because that was the outlined plan dosnt mean its foul proof, shit happens, situations arise and 9 times out of 10 plans dont go as you expect. with the project at city...it is possibly one of the biggest and most outlandish projects in the world let alone sport, just becasue things havnt gone to plan in the first season donst mean Hughes is not the right man for the job......how the fook do you know mourinho wouldnt have done a worse job?? who says frank Rijkard wouldnt have us fighting relegation right now??

for all the upheaval thats happened this season we should take a evaluated view on the season ending and realise that its a good first season......i mean get mourinho in now and its a new manager who has to learn his new surroundings, get to know his players and what they can do.....more than likely upset a few players and have to deal with the 'trouble makers' again, then say....in jan we need to get rid of the dead wood and bring some more players in....with a huge chance of finishing in mid table mediocraty......id much rather let hughes continue on his foundations and see where he can take us......and he is by no means a bad manager based on this season

Bluebeer said:
cyberblue said:
Hughes hasnt even done the job he was hired to do in the 1st place. Thaskin hired him apparently to make us harder to beat, better away form and make training more proffesional, all on a budget and if anyone cares to remember hughes went to great lengths at the start of the season to make it clear that he had the final say on Jo but the minute he gets new owners behind him with money its quiet clear he never has or never will want anything to do with him

So we are now more or less at the end and I ask has he achieved any of these goals?

so it could be complete bollox as well

Well not really or at least I hope not. I would like to think he was hired to improve us. I hope I've not got the wrong end of the stick when it comes to hiring and firing managers

The fact these threads turn into a 10 page epic is why people keep coming back, we should just ignore them.

Brucie Bonus said:
blueonblue said:

Remember this?

Anyone who has the time to construct a story like that has one hell of an imagination.
IIRC Mammutly, Moomba, Scorer, and JMA were disgusted by this back in the Autumn
I've changed my mind after seeing that roll of honour,i now believe you & my initial reaction that the thread starter was a lying WUM was wrong.

blueonblue said:

As for spreading stories, per.haps the use of the media via leaks from the Hughes camp trying to discredit anyone he wants rid of or bumming him up , should be of more concern than people who have the proven know how and experiance to judge, expressing their opinions to people they know that we have a clueless clown Not being able to do his job.

So you've not denied your information is coming from the academy. Like I said, you're not the only one who's posted this information and I know the club are aware of it so presumably someone will be paying the price. I have no respect for people like that who hide behind ordinary fans and, through them, put out messages that poison our club. We can easily manage without them.

I ask you again, where are all these superstars that the "benchmark" academy has produced? Let's see - Lee Croft just been relegated to League 1 with Norwich. Stephen Jordan just about makes the Burnley bench. Willo Flood - loaned to Dundee Utd and made one appearance with Celtic since he came back. Let's be blunt here - the academy has a reasonable operating model that has produced modest success but it's not good enough for where we want to be. At the end of the day, it should be producing players worthy of a top 6 team and so far we've got Ireland (who took matters into his own hands), Onuoha & Richards, who isn't exactly pulling up trees at the moment.

That's 3 out of 28 who have established themselves in the first team (and there's Johnson as well but who knows what's going on with him).

There's people on here who have said that people they know have all praised Hughes so you need to stop taking what these "fifth columnists" are saying as gospel. They are bitter, disgruntled employees who are happy with mediocrity, have been found out and who have lost the argument. So they go bleating to you and others telling you how terrible things are. Well if they don't like it, they know where the door is and I suspect a few of them will be going through it whether they want to or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.