Hughes..the reality

levets said:
OxBlue said:
ello_jo said:
The day that an ITK is reliable is when they tell us where they got their info from. It's obvious that their "reliable" source isn't assed about people finding out so why not just tell us.

Not always, I think ITK's (genuine ones) will be getting info from sources close to the club, but normally lower level employees, so can't reveal the source as it would endanger their jobs and people do tell friends stuff in confidence, just don't want themselves revealed. Even people with links to 1st team players won't get decent info on transfer targets and the high end business, unless the target happens to be a mate of said player and they've discussed the club/move.

anybody in particular mate :-) The info was spot on though mate...

Maybe so, but you know what I'm getting at, even 1st team players are not in on the thinking further up the chain beyond the manager.

i think hughes is the man for the job, i think he is a good young manager, i dont have any queries with his decisions but somebody said why settle for 2nd best. that made me wonder, y can we not bring in the biggest and best manager in the world. rather than builiding a great manager lets bring one in who already has it all there to offer.

if hughes stays im more than happy, i like hughes. didnt always but i think he is doing a good job, but i just think say if we had ancieloti (spelt wrong) haha then we can bring in better players progressing better and quicker,

just my opinion.

be it hughes or anyone else... CTID

Maybe Hughes is the right Manager for us - maybe he isn`t - but only time - another season will tell who is right.
I personally feel uncomfrotable with this I want it all I want it now approach! It`s not guaranteed to work - if it did the success would be superficial and short lived and if it didn`t we`d be even more reviled, ridiculed.
Admittedly I`d be as happy as anyone if we only won the League Cup soon - but we have the opportunity to create somthing respected and lasting.

We could bring in Mourinho Ancellotti Lippi and Capello in a managerial dream team and win the league after 30 games and people would still complain that we didn't win it in 29 games and they are all rubbish managers anyway

GaudinoMotors said:
Maybe Hughes is the right Manager for us - maybe he isn`t - but only time - another season will tell who is right.
I personally feel uncomfrotable with this I want it all I want it now approach! It`s not guaranteed to work - if it did the success would be superficial and short lived and if it didn`t we`d be even more reviled, ridiculed.
Admittedly I`d be as happy as anyone if we only won the League Cup soon - but we have the opportunity to create somthing respected and lasting.

A lot of people mistake the Hughes out camp as just those who want the 'i want it all' approach.

But the reality is that the najority of those who would like him gone have seen absolutely nothing from him over the course of his tenure to suggest that he is the right man, short, middle or long-term.

A manager should be given time to take the club forward, but we have to see those steps of progression, and for many they have seen nothing.

Cheltblue said:
GaudinoMotors said:

A lot of people mistake the Hughes out camp as just those who want the 'i want it all' approach.

But the reality is that the najority of those who would like him gone have seen absolutely nothing from him over the course of his tenure to suggest that he is the right man, short, middle or long-term.

A manager should be given time to take the club forward, but we have to see those steps of progression, and for many they have seen nothing.

possible highest league finish ever if we get 7th, best run in eurpoe for a long time,

what you have to remember which not alot of people take into account, city have just transformed, think of a cake, the 1st team on the pitch is the cherry, this year we have been making the base of that cake, bits and bobs here and there with big plans to follow, we havnt even focused on the squad yet. we arnt just a football team we will be a world wide franchise! the bag ground staff, facilitys and future plans have been aggreed this year, this summer is where player focus comes into play, including 15 players shipped out with 8 or so coming in. give hughes till next season then decide if he is ok, i can assure you will not be unhappy

OxBlue said:
levets said:
OxBlue said:
ello_jo said:
The day that an ITK is reliable is when they tell us where they got their info from. It's obvious that their "reliable" source isn't assed about people finding out so why not just tell us.

Not always, I think ITK's (genuine ones) will be getting info from sources close to the club, but normally lower level employees, so can't reveal the source as it would endanger their jobs and people do tell friends stuff in confidence, just don't want themselves revealed. Even people with links to 1st team players won't get decent info on transfer targets and the high end business, unless the target happens to be a mate of said player and they've discussed the club/move.

anybody in particular mate :-) The info was spot on though mate...

Maybe so, but you know what I'm getting at, even 1st team players are not in on the thinking further up the chain beyond the manager.

You're absolutely correct mate... I don't believe that 'anybody' on here has sources above the first team players/management... except perhaps one or two 'plants'....

The only people who know the strategy of the club are the owners, Khaldoon and GC. The only people who know the transfer targets are MH & the above.... except on the odd occasion to which we refer :-)

zak@work said:
possible highest league finish ever if we get 7th, best run in eurpoe for a long time,

what you have to remember which not alot of people take into account, city have just transformed, think of a cake, the 1st team on the pitch is the cherry, this year we have been making the base of that cake, bits and bobs here and there with big plans to follow, we havnt even focused on the squad yet. we arnt just a football team we will be a world wide franchise! the bag ground staff, facilitys and future plans have been aggreed this year, this summer is where player focus comes into play, including 15 players shipped out with 8 or so coming in. give hughes till next season then decide if he is ok, i can assure you will not be unhappy

And what has Hughes shown that makes you think he is the man for the job.

7th....... if we get there? If we do, il be more than happy to have a re-think. If we dont, will you?
Best run in Europe. We got in through fair play league and got knocked out by the first decent side we faced. (ok, Schalke was 1st)

Knocked out 1st round of Lg Cup to Div 1 strugglers
Knocked out 1st round FA Cup to Championship strugglers
Awful away record

3 for starters, there are plenty more.
I dont disagree with your cake theory as such, but the guy baking the cake does not know how to mix the ingredients!

some posts show a new and intelligent take on a topic that has been simmering for yonks.This isnt one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.