Hughes..the reality

de niro said:
tamworthblue said:
De Niro,

I know you are a proper Blue and don't want to offend you. BUT...posting this stuff is well out of order...

i think the reality is hughes fans are city fans, there lies the difference.

I waited after after the Notts Forrest cup game for that mealy mouthed bullshitter to come into the press office to hear the next round of shite he would spite. After well over 1.5 hours he still wasn't there. Our car was going to get locked in, we had to go.

I didn't stick it out. Guess I'm not a true blue.

no tamworth you miss my point, i am always positive about city, i follow the club, hughes being in charge matters not to me, i'm a city fan first and formost, whatever manager we have is irrelevent.
i think the hughes outers have lost their way, more concerned with getting hughes out than supporting city, its every hour a new hughes out(sometimes disguised)thread starts up, its an obsession with some.
all blues should just forget who's in charge and lets finish the season with full backing.

who takes over, if anyone, i dont give a shit.
Of course it matters who we have in charge otherwise, death aside, we would still have Alan Ball in charge.

Anonymous people posting on a forum they want rid of the manager is a complete irrelevence in the grand scheme of things.

I want the best players and the best manager we can possibly get.

At the match, I support the team and get behind them. I never boo them or the manager. However, on here or amongst friends, I'm happy to offer an opinion. That does not make me - as a person who would like to see Hughes replaced - someone who is not a City fan as your earlier post inferred.

Eddie said:
de niro said:
tamworthblue said:
De Niro,

I know you are a proper Blue and don't want to offend you. BUT...posting this stuff is well out of order...

I waited after after the Notts Forrest cup game for that mealy mouthed bullshitter to come into the press office to hear the next round of shite he would spite. After well over 1.5 hours he still wasn't there. Our car was going to get locked in, we had to go.

no tamworth you miss my point, i am always positive about city, i follow the club, hughes being in charge matters not to me, i'm a city fan first and formost, whatever manager we have is irrelevent.
i think the hughes outers have lost their way, more concerned with getting hughes out than supporting city, its every hour a new hughes out(sometimes disguised)thread starts up, its an obsession with some.
all blues should just forget who's in charge and lets finish the season with full backing.

Of course it matters who we have in charge otherwise, death aside, we would still have Alan Ball in charge.

Anonymous people posting on a forum they want rid of the manager is a complete irrelevence in the grand scheme of things.

I want the best players and the best manager we can possibly get.

At the match, I support the team and get behind them. I never boo them or the manager. However, on here or amongst friends, I'm happy to offer an opinion. That does not make me - as a person who would like to see Hughes replaced - someone who is not a City fan as your earlier post inferred.

Exactemant...as they would say at a PSG match!?

I am still not convinced about hughes either. I did not want Hughes and it was nothing to do with his rag connections, I just thought that he wasn't a good enough manager. In all honesty I did not want Sven Goran Eriksson but was prepared to give him the chance, and he won me over - even though the second half of that season was woeful (win at OT Aside). I really thought it was a mistake to let him go.

I was the same with Hughes. As I said, from the beginning I never believed that he was the right manager to be in charge, given that we are now supposedly the richest club in the world, however I was prepared to give him a chance, as I did Eriksson, but for me Hughes has not come up to scratch. How many times have City played well in the first half and then just laid down with no effort in the second half, especially away from home? If players can play really well one week at home, then terrible and with no effort the following week away from home - and lets be honest that has happened a lot this season - that that is down to bad leadership, and whilst many may not agree with me, the blame lies firmly at the feet of Hughes. He is the manager. End of chat.

And no, before you ask who I would replace him by, I don't know. I don't want to go as far as to say the City manager job is a poisoned chalis, and that well established managers would give it a wide berth, but without European qualification and the very high expectations of our owners, who would fancy it?.

de niro said:

If the future of the manager was more important to me than the future of the club then I wouldn't be a City fan, I would be a Hughes fan.

So if wanting the best for the club makes me not a City fan in your or anyone elses eyes then I'm guilty as charged.

tamworthblue said:
de niro said:
tamworthblue said:
De Niro,

BUT don't you HONESTLY think that you would rather have a Wenger/Mourinho/etc. than what we have now? Top players go for £50m, a top manager goes for about £5m. Do you not see the value for money difference? I hope to God ADUG do before they shit us off for a fancy London club. You really think MH can make top class players gel together? If so, perhaps he'll be the next Brazillian national coach. I think I will be voting with Elano and Robinho on that one...
of course i want wenger or jose or anyone that will win us things, i agree that this is an unbelievable chance for city to progress at last. i just dont see for one second what all the hughes out threads does to help. he has done ok considering his starting point, we were dire as a club from top to bottom, he deserves credit for that. now if we get jose then fantastic, we kick on again, jose would not have come back then, he might now as we have progress, not enough but progressed.thats down to hughes.

great point about ADUG doing one, that would be a disaster and we do need to get established before if and when they do.

just wondering if some of the hughes-haters are getting a bit uncomfortable being on the same side as some seriously disturbed individuals.When you jump on a bandwagon you cant choose who might sit next to you .A bit like being on a bus and a nutter gets on and sits next to you .Mind you if everyone on the bus is a nutter then no problem. Cant help feeling if city lose today not all "fans" will be disappointed

bellbuzzer said:
just wondering if some of the hughes-haters are getting a bit uncomfortable being on the same side as some seriously disturbed individuals.When you jump on a bandwagon you cant choose who might sit next to you .A bit like being on a bus and a nutter gets on and sits next to you .Mind you if everyone on the bus is a nutter then no problem. Cant help feeling if city lose today not all "fans" will be disappointed

Good points and in a way a tend to agree with you. However i think that most of the posters who have stated that they dont want Hughes in charge anymore, including myself i hope, have done it without the usual crap of bringing up his "past" etc. I for one have just dealt with the facts of the unenviable position our club finds itself in, coupled with the facts that he was NEVER adug's man and a less than memorable season given our squad and money spent. Should he go? Yes. Should we get the best money can buy? Yes. i defy anyone on here to honestly tell me that if they were responsible for any football club in the world with like for like financial backing, that they would activly seek to recruit Mark Hughes as manager!

Read the thread. Good points made on both sides. The odd fuckwit got a perma-foeing in the process, which was nice.

Anyway, my point. I take on board every single point thrown up by every single poster on the 'Hughes out' side of the divide, and yet, after 10 months, I still think he's the man for the job.

And the reason you won't get a long and detailed explantion for it is this is: I like the guy.

ie. I don't love him, I dont kiss his arse, I don't think he's beyond reproach in terms of his team selections or his tactics, and between him and his assistants not one can pick a fucking substitution. But, I think he's doing OK, he's met with my reasonable expectations, for the most part, and I think he buys players as well as any manager I've seen. My expectations will rise, and will continue to rise, while he's in his job- that's your progress, imo.

Trouble is, as in this or any number of other threads on BM and other City forums, there are percentage of City fans who absolutely abhore the guy's bones. Listen carefully folks, and you can almost hear the piss boiling in people's bladders.

Sorry guys, I can't compete with your fervour.

Then you're lying

of course, why would i know better than you how i live.
you strike me as a proper cock, an abusive obnoxious tosser that upsets people on here on a daily basis.
i'd like to say i have enjoyed your posts but that would make me a liar, and that i am not

Yawn, well at least I'm a proper cock, not a fake tosser and upsetting you're good self isn't that hard, is it tulip?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.