Hughes..the reality

alextrueblue said:
plongo said:
Sorry but I really can't say

It would be obvious where it came from

give us a clue then?
perhaps a game of hangman?

z _ _ _ _ n / i _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _c_?

Makes sense, thier biggest name, was on his way to another league title in Italy and was also to face the rags in two huge CL-games, of course Inter offered him to us in January! :p

I know as fact that City were offered a very big name striker in January but Hughes observation was that whilst, if he asked Bellamy to jump he'd ask "how high", he would not get the same response from the "big name" so we settled for (very much) second best

Sorry to be negative, but we must look at other options....special options maybe[/quote]

So that's why he's always injured...

BillyShears said:
I look forward to the day we actually manage to find an ITK who is honest/brave/stupid enough to ACTUALLY name their sources, explain their relationship with said source, and generally give their information some credibility...
In other words, guarantee that they never hear another word from their source. Have you really thought this through?

I think the OP is right.

I think Hughes is shit and im not the only one, by far.

I also think us as City fans rate our own players much better than they actually are -

SWP - First touch is wank & runs into people - DOES NOT GET FOULED ALL-DAY LONG. Just runs into people.

Kompany - Decent, but shit at passing

de Jong - Thinks its rugby and doesn't pass forward.

Bridge - Has he even made a tackle in a City shirt????

Zabaleta - Good coming forward (good, not excellent), but quite poor at defending.

Just my views however

plongo said:
Sorry chaps, but he (Hughes) is not up to the job. The backroom have little confidence in him, he does not communicate at all well, is aloof and unproachable, does not treat his players as adults. It is hard being objective about any Manager's tactical cleverness, but the consensus is that he is not strong in this area too either with the unfortunate characteristic of seeing problems but not acting on them fast enough, great case being his Derby grumble of "not enough pace and power to get round the back of United" then putting Petrov on after 80 mins.

Hughes will not "get it right" at City. Despite claims that he has an eye for detail and is involved in all aspects of the club, Eddie Niedzwiecki takes all the training and the majority of the technical work. The final straw for many was the absolute "flat spin panic" panic that MH and MB went into when they found out that Kompany and was unfit SWP was doubtful for HAMBURG game.

As much as I admire some of his qualities such as the ability (through a good scouting network) to unearth bargains such as Samba and RSQ for clubs with a limited budget I believe he is not capable of handling big names. I know as fact that City were offered a very big name striker in January but Hughes observation was that whilst, if he asked Bellamy to jump he'd ask "how high", he would not get the same response from the "big name" so we settled for (very much) second best

Sorry to be negative, but we must look at other options....special options maybe

Sorry but I just don't get this - having a go at Hughes is all very well but saying the backroom staff have no faith in him is garbage (sorry but it is) - the major criticism is that Hughes has surrounded himself with his Welsh cronies - so whilst there may be some disaffection with Hughes - I'm not going to buy the fact that Bowen and Co are bitching about him that's just not the case and basically undermines the whole of your argument.

plongo said:
Despite claims that he has an eye for detail and is involved in all aspects of the club, Eddie Niedzwiecki takes all the training and the majority of the technical work.

Because that's how Hughes wants it - to be honest I'm not sure I like EN (a goalkeeping coach wasn't he?) having a major influence on our training but that is what MH wants, and he obviously trusts EN (one of those constantly praising Hughes) so not sure how that is evidence for the backroom staff not liking him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.