Hughes..the reality

plongo said:
Sorry chaps, but he (Hughes) is not up to the job. The backroom have little confidence in him, he does not communicate at all well, is aloof and unproachable, does not treat his players as adults. It is hard being objective about any Manager's tactical cleverness, but the consensus is that he is not strong in this area too either with the unfortunate characteristic of seeing problems but not acting on them fast enough, great case being his Derby grumble of "not enough pace and power to get round the back of United" then putting Petrov on after 80 mins.

Hughes will not "get it right" at City. Despite claims that he has an eye for detail and is involved in all aspects of the club, Eddie Niedzwiecki takes all the training and the majority of the technical work. The final straw for many was the absolute "flat spin panic" panic that MH and MB went into when they found out that Kompany and was unfit SWP was doubtful for HAMBURG game.

As much as I admire some of his qualities such as the ability (through a good scouting network) to unearth bargains such as Samba and RSQ for clubs with a limited budget I believe he is not capable of handling big names. I know as fact that City were offered a very big name striker in January but Hughes observation was that whilst, if he asked Bellamy to jump he'd ask "how high", he would not get the same response from the "big name" so we settled for (very much) second best

Sorry to be negative, but we must look at other options....special options maybe

it gives me no pleasure to say this, but I happen to be in sympathy with pretty much the majority of what you've said above.

unfortunately though, I do not believe Mourinho is necessarily the answer, as I've already argued on several other threads... so much so I wasn't going to comment any further as I've been burned out on the subject and it makes no difference anyhow.

it isn't so much the manager (as a person) but the system the manager is going to implement which is I believe the essential component of the jigsaw; that and the overall objectives we're setting ourselves - as a club, to achieve. All the talk of this guy or that guy (to manage) will win us things in x or y period, is all just bollocks. Rather we need to focus on how we're going to play, and how we're going to coach and set ourselves up - this is I believe the way to 'win'. With all the resources at our disposal, it would be a crying shame for us to make a wrong move and cock things up.

no matter what any of us thinks or says, what's going to happen is going to happen, and for that I'm not sure I'm entirely happy... hence my silence.

as the old saw goes, 'be careful what you wish for....'

MCFCinUSA said:
plongo said:
Sorry chaps, but he (Hughes) is not up to the job. The backroom have little confidence in him, he does not communicate at all well, is aloof and unproachable, does not treat his players as adults. It is hard being objective about any Manager's tactical cleverness, but the consensus is that he is not strong in this area too either with the unfortunate characteristic of seeing problems but not acting on them fast enough, great case being his Derby grumble of "not enough pace and power to get round the back of United" then putting Petrov on after 80 mins.

Hughes will not "get it right" at City. Despite claims that he has an eye for detail and is involved in all aspects of the club, Eddie Niedzwiecki takes all the training and the majority of the technical work. The final straw for many was the absolute "flat spin panic" panic that MH and MB went into when they found out that Kompany and was unfit SWP was doubtful for HAMBURG game.

As much as I admire some of his qualities such as the ability (through a good scouting network) to unearth bargains such as Samba and RSQ for clubs with a limited budget I believe he is not capable of handling big names. I know as fact that City were offered a very big name striker in January but Hughes observation was that whilst, if he asked Bellamy to jump he'd ask "how high", he would not get the same response from the "big name" so we settled for (very much) second best

Sorry to be negative, but we must look at other options....special options maybe

it gives me no pleasure to say this, but I happen to be in sympathy with pretty much the majority of what you've said above.

unfortunately though, I do not believe Mourinho is necessarily the answer, as I've already argued on several other threads... so much so I wasn't going to comment any further as I've been burned out on the subject and it makes no difference anyhow.

it isn't so much the manager (as a person) but the system the manager is going to implement which is I believe the essential component of the jigsaw; that and the overall objectives we're setting ourselves - as a club, to achieve. All the talk of this guy or that guy (to manage) will win us things in x or y period, is all just bollocks. Rather we need to focus on how we're going to play, and how we're going to coach and set ourselves up - this is I believe the way to 'win'. With all the resources at our disposal, it would be a crying shame for us to make a wrong move and cock things up.

no matter what any of us thinks or says, what's going to happen is going to happen, and for that I'm not sure I'm entirely happy... hence my silence.

as the old saw goes, 'be careful what you wish for....'

I thought your idea of a total football academy from youth right upto first team regulars was a great idea and one I would fully back, but theirs nothing wrong with a quick fix sometimes to get the process moving. Lets hope this meeting with Garry Cook and a total football type manager is true...I'm very doubtful :(

ello_jo said:
The day that an ITK is reliable is when they tell us where they got their info from. It's obvious that their "reliable" source isn't assed about people finding out so why not just tell us.

Not always, I think ITK's (genuine ones) will be getting info from sources close to the club, but normally lower level employees, so can't reveal the source as it would endanger their jobs and people do tell friends stuff in confidence, just don't want themselves revealed. Even people with links to 1st team players won't get decent info on transfer targets and the high end business, unless the target happens to be a mate of said player and they've discussed the club/move.

OxBlue said:
ello_jo said:
The day that an ITK is reliable is when they tell us where they got their info from. It's obvious that their "reliable" source isn't assed about people finding out so why not just tell us.

Not always, I think ITK's (genuine ones) will be getting info from sources close to the club, but normally lower level employees, so can't reveal the source as it would endanger their jobs and people do tell friends stuff in confidence, just don't want themselves revealed. Even people with links to 1st team players won't get decent info on transfer targets and the high end business, unless the target happens to be a mate of said player and they've discussed the club/move.

I work with some of the coaches and scouts and they have only ever had nice things to say about Hughes. Im not ITK just work with them a few times a month, seems starnge everyone on here says he is hated but the staff i know all say different.

I've been sat on the fence for so long this season about Hughes that i need an operation to remove the splinters,i'm off that fence now an think we should keep him as manager we need the continuity that we have not had for years.Who knows for sure if he'll get it right or not,everyone has a different opinion of him.I for one am just sick of reading all the posts about him both negative and positive.So i've nailed my colours to the hughes mast,but then again i'm not in the know compaired to everyone on here who knows the hairdresser of the half brother of the tea lady who once had a chat with a player

I am of the opinion he should go only if we can replace him with the very very best. Obviously (see what I did there) we will all have different opinions as to what is the very best.

However all this build a team over a period of years and dont throw top too much money at it stuff how many teams have really done it and won things. Utd got lucky with the kids but still spent relavitely lots of money before that and after to keep it going. Arsenal likewise although they also bought their kids. These teams had top stars already

Personally i believe the sooner we can build a base of top quality players the better. It will then, if done correctly be easier to bring players through. The players which come through will be better for it. Do you think fletcher would be playing in the prem now had he not learned of beckham and the like.

We need a base of quality to put more quality on top or it will all fall in. Once we have the best player we can get in place we can build team after team as players come and go.

Preswich blue, your dismissal of what the accademy has produced is quite pathetic, as is the suggestion that the accademy staff are sh*t stirring and failing to prepare young players for the first team, the first team coaching staff have demonstrated their poor quality with the preformances of the team so far this season, so blaming the accademy staff is right in line with Hughes "its never my fault".

Your right in one respect though, there are many coaches not brought in by Hughes who rate both him and his staff as numpties, dont agree with their half baked idea`s or his one tactic.

The accademy at the moment retain the choice of who plays and how, with different tactics being used or players picked in area`s to teach them, its not just about the games results, but delivering a well rounded young player to carrington ready for the next stage of developement............the bone of contention is also that the next stage is not there, because the carrington bunch are so poor.

Hughes has shown so far what a tactical numpty he is, along with his coaching staff, yet you want them having a say in developing young players when he can not coach seasoned internationals?, or that his coaching methods have resulted in the highest ever number of players out with injury at the club since records have been kept?.

Interesting that on one hand you dismiss Ched Evens but neglect the fact that its numpty Hughes that keeps putting his in the team

Well on the hughes front I'm on the fence and remaining there

I think we are starting to see signs of improvement and it would be interesting to see how this progresses next year

BUT

all the option have to be examined if the Jose and Wenger rumors are true I'm sure that discussion will be entered to se what they can offer and what their plans would be.

The owners have to make an informed decision and if there someone out there that ticks more boxes than Hughes and they are happy to pay the price for the change I'm guessing that the change will happen

I'm happy for Hughes to continue IF nobody better is will to take the job

wearethesouthstand said:
i support manchester city fc - the club

i am not besotted with the manager or with garry cook (who incidentally everyone seems to forget is not the main decision maker at the club)

i am not desperate to go to these forums and just be happy to be in the same room as these people, get there and ask them p*ss easy questions

i think if he had 6/7 years to build then hughes could be a good choice

the owners have all this money and want more of an impact sooner, thats why to attract the best players and a better pool of squad players sentiment will go out of the window and i think we'll end up with a new manager and a new MD

people at the club read this website, it has been confirmed a few times...

whats to stop club employees logging on as 3/4 different people and putting the "hughes in" agenda out there

everytime someone has something to say, even if it is constructive criticism - "oh it's bullsh*t"

why settle for 2nd best ?

Very good post, I have always thought that employees of City post on here and are not impartial.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.