Hughes..the reality

blueonblue said:
Preswich blue, your dismissal of what the accademy has produced is quite pathetic, as is the suggestion that the accademy staff are sh*t stirring and failing to prepare young players for the first team, the first team coaching staff have demonstrated their poor quality with the preformances of the team so far this season, so blaming the accademy staff is right in line with Hughes "its never my fault".

Your right in one respect though, there are many coaches not brought in by Hughes who rate both him and his staff as numpties, dont agree with their half baked idea`s or his one tactic.
So effectively you are admitting that it's people on the academy staff who are causing the problem here by telling stories to their mates, knowing they'll get posted. Because I know a few other people who talk to the academy staff regularly that are spreading almost exactly the same type of stuff. Clearly you seem to be one - do you deny this?

And which world superstars did I miss in my analysis? While I have the greatest respect for Jim Cassell, our academy produces League 1 & 2 fodder at best and it's about time someone said it. It's also about time that we had a senior coaching team that want to organise things on an end-to-end basis so that the really good youngsters are identified earlier and prepared for life in the first team. Arsenal do this superbly so why can't we? Onuoha would have disappeared under Pearce as would Ireland but they've both come on under Hughes and his team. Parlty their own doing but partly because they've both been set higher expectations by the management team and have stepped up to the plate.

I remember watching Stephen Jordan come through the ranks and always admired his technical skills but he just couldn't hack it in the first team and is now on Burnley's bench. Like it or not, the club is about the first team and everything should revolve around that. The academy is improtant but the tail shouldn't be wagging the dog.

In every business and organisation there will be people on the fringe and marginalised for various reasons :- not good enough, not professional enough, poor attitude, poor aptitude. Some will obviously be dissatisfied and/or dissappointed and express there feelings - inevitable - especially when restructuring is taking place.
I have heard almost mainly good comments about Hughes, his approach and leadership style from thos connected with the club or from people who have met him. The only adverse comments, if you can call them that, have been from people describing him as a tough task master, that he doesn`t suffer fools, has a very high work ethic and is a disciplinarian. I have heard he isn`t one for being too matey with people but that he is fair and even handed.
Aren`t these qualities that we have been missing ?
Of course I would have preferred it if we had been higher up the table - but we are improving from a playing viewpoint, his signings have done the job since Christmas - I firmly believe we`d still be in Europe and higher in the league if Bellers was fit and this highlights that although his buys are good we are short of quality replacements. We have not had a fully match fit Boj to call on and Petrov is still working his way back - not to mention whatever is wrong with Johnson.
Throw these players into the mix with one or two new additions - factor in the integrity honesty, and work ethic and professionalism of Cook - a man big enough to learn and improve and the future looks promising.
We don`t want the cosmetic surgery approach - we want an extensive in depth restructuring that will stand us well for the many great times ahead.

trueblue09 said:
Blue4ever85 said:
I think the OP is right.

I think Hughes is shit and im not the only one, by far.

I also think us as City fans rate our own players much better than they actually are -

SWP - First touch is wank & runs into people - DOES NOT GET FOULED ALL-DAY LONG. Just runs into people.

Kompany - Decent, but shit at passing

de Jong - Thinks its rugby and doesn't pass forward.

Bridge - Has he even made a tackle in a City shirt????

Zabaleta - Good coming forward (good, not excellent), but quite poor at defending.

Just my views however

im with you %100 ive always thought that glad to see some sensible city fans on here!
You could go through every footbal team in the world like this!
Kaka - not great in the air
Pele - didn`t track back enough
Maradonna - Not tall enough
Zidane - gives away too may fouls.

Try it with United then explain why they are doing ok?

Pathetic post

you well and truly need that tin hat

hughes is the man for the job

and howcome all you ITkK never state your reliable source

your pretty much useless

Bonol said:
I have heard from one of our fullbacks that all the players think Hughes is doing a fantastic job and that all the backroom staff think hes a real tinker, he even flirts with the tea lady( old joan age 67). Rumour has it (Fullback says) he going on a long golfing holiday in Abu Dhabi in the summer to iron out our long term masterplan. Thats all the inside info i have at this moment and cannot reveal my source.

a 'full back' you say?

I'll have to have a word with him...

This place is full of spastics.

Lets sack another manager eh? I bet their are loads of managers chomping at the bit to come to us?

Success doesn't happen overnight, our squad has very much improved and we still have an outside chance of finishing in Europe. Managers need time to instill their work ethic, ideals, training routines on a club. The bloke hasn't even been given a full season for fucks sake?

Lets just sack another manager and start all over again though eh?

I've always thought we deserve some kind of success at City, for being so loyal and such great fans. This forum makes me think otherwise

Muppets

OxBlue said:
ello_jo said:
The day that an ITK is reliable is when they tell us where they got their info from. It's obvious that their "reliable" source isn't assed about people finding out so why not just tell us.

Not always, I think ITK's (genuine ones) will be getting info from sources close to the club, but normally lower level employees, so can't reveal the source as it would endanger their jobs and people do tell friends stuff in confidence, just don't want themselves revealed. Even people with links to 1st team players won't get decent info on transfer targets and the high end business, unless the target happens to be a mate of said player and they've discussed the club/move.

anybody in particular mate :-) The info was spot on though mate...

Benjani's Shoulder said:
This place is full of spastics.

Lets sack another manager eh? I bet their are loads of managers chomping at the bit to come to us?

Success doesn't happen overnight, our squad has very much improved and we still have an outside chance of finishing in Europe. Managers need time to instill their work ethic, ideals, training routines on a club. The bloke hasn't even been given a full season for fucks sake?

Lets just sack another manager and start all over again though eh?

I've always thought we deserve some kind of success at City, for being so loyal and such great fans. This forum makes me think otherwise

Muppets
Spot on

GaudinoMotors said:
trueblue09 said:
Blue4ever85 said:
I think the OP is right.

I think Hughes is shit and im not the only one, by far.

I also think us as City fans rate our own players much better than they actually are -

SWP - First touch is wank & runs into people - DOES NOT GET FOULED ALL-DAY LONG. Just runs into people.

Kompany - Decent, but shit at passing

de Jong - Thinks its rugby and doesn't pass forward.

Bridge - Has he even made a tackle in a City shirt????

Zabaleta - Good coming forward (good, not excellent), but quite poor at defending.

Just my views however

im with you %100 ive always thought that glad to see some sensible city fans on here!
You could go through every footbal team in the world like this!
Kaka - not great in the air
Pele - didn`t track back enough
Maradonna - Not tall enough
Zidane - gives away too may fouls.

Try it with United then explain why they are doing ok?

But all quality players who stood out, game-in, game-out.
And thats the big difference, our guys do not stand out, game-in, game-out! In fact its far to rare that they do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.