HUGHES TO GET NEW CONTRACT!!!

i don't think it makes any difference if it is true or not and would go as far to say it makes no difference if hughes actually wins in europe

I think his job is safe until one of the top managers actually state they want the job I can see him staying next season until the special one chooses between us and the rags . this will suit both our owners who at that stage can claimed to have backed hughes with time and money and the special one will have seen out his contract .

if the special one chooses the rags we will then go for a top italian or dutch managrer who will be backed to the hilt by our owners

I went over to the 'Hughes is not the man to take the club forward ' camp after the portsmoth game,but i will state hear and now that if our away form improves and if we finish about 7th and get a run to say, the semi's of the cup,i would feel i had to reconsider my view.As for Mark Hughes getting a new contract, i feel the owners will only offer that if they also see some improvement at season's end and not before.As things stand at the minute i cant see us finishing 7th or the semi's,but once again if we do, i will be prepared to eat a large slice of humble pie (gladly) and promote the view that Hughes should be given another year at least.

What's he done then?[/quote]

We could go out in the next round and have a bad run in the league where we finish in the bottom half, which with the team he has would be shocking and we would be like the banks, rewarding failure. We could also win the Uefa cup and finish 7th which IMO would be deserving of a new contract.

What i am saying is, he has achieved nothing so far and with the squad we have and the funds at his disposal a good run in the Uefa Cup and a high place finish should be expected. Lets wait until the end of the season to decide if he should deserve a new contract.

It's not like he is coming to the end of his contract is it? He only signed one in May. Let him earn it first.[/quote]

You say what happens if, well what happens if we win everything thats available to us, would that change your opinion no i think not, you really have to get over the fact that Utd have been much better than us, it's whats coming that you want to be excited about, STABILITY is the key.

Hughes is the man to take us forward without doubt. I can't believe the stick he gets on here, this team is by far and away the best we've ever had and will get better, now the defence finally looks settled watch us fly. It would have been much much worse under Sven this season, the guy is the most overrated manager in the world and I was glad we got rid

Barry Conlons wig said:
You say what happens if, well what happens if we win everything thats available to us, would that change your opinion no i think not, you really have to get over the fact that Utd have been much better than us, it's whats coming that you want to be excited about, STABILITY is the key.

I think thats what people are saying, if and when we do well and start to achieve to expectations then that will be the time to reward Hughes with a new contract, not much point doing that while we're underachieving in the league and have shown little indication that we can sort our away problems.

I agree to an extent with someone (Blue2112 I think) who said that any manager will eventually achieve success with the resources we have available, if the man in place is Hughes then thats his good fortune and he will deserve the contract extensions.

moomba said:
Barry Conlons wig said:

I think thats what people are saying, if and when we do well and start to achieve to expectations then that will be the time to reward Hughes with a new contract, not much point doing that while we're underachieving in the league and have shown little indication that we can sort our away problems.

I agree to an extent with someone (Blue2112 I think) who said that any manager will eventually achieve success with the resources we have available, if the man in place is Hughes then thats his good fortune and he will deserve the contract extensions.

He will get the contract though to stop th media buffoons in there tracks, thats plain to see. butoverall i think he's doing a good job, give him time

I was firmly in the Hughes Out camp before Christmas. However, I'm starting to warm to him, and realise that he is actually doing a good job.

Trouble with him is that:
a) He's and ex-red
b) He has no personality, so we can't warm to him

I think the ice is slowly melting around Iceman Hughes (After the game on Wednesday he actually showed some emotion!) and I think by the time we lift the UEFA Cup in May (ahem) we'll be chanting his name as we did with Sven.

From a sensible point of view, we are at an important point in our history. We are building a team for success, and as I've learnt from Kevin McCloud on Grand Designs, you don't change your architect halfway through the build.
The work as already begun, we CAN'T change managers now, otherwise we're back to square one.

We have owners who can give us all the resources we need.
We have started to build a team of real character and stability.

The absolutely worst thing we can do right now is get rid of Hughes. Before Christmas it did look like was going pear-shaped, but with the new signings in January, Hughes has got the players he wants, which he didn't before Christmas. We're working to his masterplan now, so we have to stick with it for at least another season, and another season after that.

He ain't a world class manager, but he's started something, so we may as well give him the chance to see where he's going with is.

Look at this list:
<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Manchester_City_F.C._managers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ma ... ._managers</a>

Tony Book was manager for 269 games
Joe Mercer was manager for 340 games
Les McDowell was manager for 592
Wilf Wild was manager for 352 games
Tom Maley was manager for 150 games

These are the only managers to have won things with City, you have to give them time!

Every manager needs time. Got to give Hughes three years at least. I reckon he will bring sucess if he is given time and allowed to bring in the players that he wants. So far ADUG seem to be very sensible people that realise that no amount of cash brings instant sucess.

moomba said:
Shooter 83 said:
moomba said:
Doubt it's true, would struggle to see the logic behind it if it was true.

You would wouldnt you. You couldnt understand why city was signing Bellamy and said your ST was goin in the bin as soon as he put the shirt on and look where that got you.

I'll put aside the obsession you have with me and my choices on my season ticket to ask the question, where exactly has it got me?
It has got you to the position where everybody knows that you are a two-faced tosser...unless you did throw away your season ticket, which I very much doubt. As for this current topic, Michael Johnson signed a new contract recently. Does that mean he will also be staying?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.