Hugo Larsson

Doku was quite setablished. Savinho is a good CFG example. We spent heavily on those guys though.

Still think there is lot of talent we are missing out on. We could have signed Larsson, Nusa etc. These guys could have been had for 10M each recently.
Unfortunately, we can't buy every player going who has potential. I wish we could, hence why we make judgement calls on the available ones who we think can make it.

Most don't make it with us, but go on to have solid careers elsewhere. Some we lose like Lavia & Palmer, but sometimes that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Regardless, we've made a healthy profit from those who've moved on, & covered ourselves with buy back & sell on clauses. The cream, we keep.

Sometimes, a loan move to a lower league or lower level PL side fighting relegation doesn't bring out the best in players, if they're constantly in survival mode.

I believe McAtee is being kept this season because of the success of Lavia & Palmer as ones who'd be here now if things had worked out differently.

Palmer didn't grab the chances he was given here imo, but my hope is McAtee will, because he was considered the most special talent of the lot behind Foden. I hope McAtee has a great season with us.

Doku was quite setablished. Savinho is a good CFG example. We spent heavily on those guys though.

Still think there is lot of talent we are missing out on. We could have signed Larsson, Nusa etc. These guys could have been had for 10M each recently.
We can't sign everyone and are bound to miss our sometimes
We also cannot offer a promise of first team football. But we have signed quite a few players without a high profile for decent sums.
Alvarez, Doku, Akanji, Perrone, Ortega, Kayky and Echeverri coming. Some make it some don't.

@Cityfan @Dribble I know I am being greedy and we do have tremendous sucess with our signings. Zinchenko, Jesus, Alvarez, Bobb etc far outweigh our the bad signings. They are so few that you could probably count them on one hand.

Just wish we were also looking in this market bracket more. Brighton and few others find real gems there. Not all good players come from the french, spanish, portugese, german, italian, argie and brazilian leagues.

@Cityfan @Dribble I know I am being greedy and we do have tremendous sucess with our signings. Zinchenko, Jesus, Alvarez, Bobb etc far outweigh our the bad signings. They are so few that you could probably count them on one hand.

Just wish we were also looking in this market bracket more. Brighton and few others find real gems there. Not all good players come from the french, spanish, portugese, german, italian, argie and brazilian leagues.
I think the pathway is there for these type of players with the other cfg teams .We've seen it with Savinho they get tested at a higher level and we just basically pay more for them but the profit goes back to one of are own clubs hopefully happens more in the future with these clubs being able to spend more on the better young talent

We are usually scouting or linked with every player Brighton-ish pick up. Barco, Caicedo, Kadioglu, Ensico, all CFG scouted we just don't use clubs to buy/sell in the turnover levels Brighton do.

Scandinavian and 'other' south American youth, you can find/hunt links down every season to CFG near enough. CFG has scouted and signed players from Peru, Uruguay, Japan etc just doesn't get noticed much as Brighton PL and most CFG clubs are kinda lowkey.

I want to see us take a plunge on some of these talents instead of spending time haggling with Spurs and Beighton over crazy transfer fees.

We can sign these type of players and loan them to PSV, Ajax, Dortmund etc and see what they are made of.
It takes two to tango. The players might want to control their own future and decide who to play for. They know if they play well, they'll have a lot of suitors. More suitors also generally helps their agents also with fees.

Finance is another aspect. City are notorious for not paying any portion of the wages for their loaned players. We can be like Chelsea who are buying youngsters at a rapid pace at near 30k-50k per week. However they also pay portion of wages when sending them on loan.

Take Larsson for example. He is on £15k/w per capology at Frankfurt as their player. He would likely be making more at City if he was to join. There just seems to be a "tax" for bigger teams. Hypothetically, would a team like Frankfurt (or PSV/Ajax) loan a city player making, let's say £30k a week and pay full wages or flat out buy someone and pay them ~£15k/w? If the player does really well, they know they can turn a profit for a player they own. A loan player would provide no benefit and simply return to the parent club.

Plus, PSV, Ajax, etc are more likely to play/develop the players they own rather than loan and play our players.

Savinho, for example, is a rare case because he was a CFG signing so they are easier to maneuver within sister clubs regardless of wages.

City is in a very strong spot. They can pick and choose their targets. If a unicorn does become available regardless of "need" they can pounce. Gvardiol was an example. We had Ake, Stones, Manu and Ruben at CB. However, Josko was an exceptional talent and City had no issue paying top price. Almost Real Madrid like but without the tapping up and cuntiness. City is a big club and is kinda acting like it.

It takes two to tango. The players might want to control their own future and decide who to play for. They know if they play well, they'll have a lot of suitors. More suitors also generally helps their agents also with fees.

Finance is another aspect. City are notorious for not paying any portion of the wages for their loaned players. We can be like Chelsea who are buying youngsters at a rapid pace at near 30k-50k per week. However they also pay portion of wages when sending them on loan.

Take Larsson for example. He is on £15k/w per capology at Frankfurt as their player. He would likely be making more at City if he was to join. There just seems to be a "tax" for bigger teams. Hypothetically, would a team like Frankfurt (or PSV/Ajax) loan a city player making, let's say £30k a week and pay full wages or flat out buy someone and pay them ~£15k/w? If the player does really well, they know they can turn a profit for a player they own. A loan player would provide no benefit and simply return to the parent club.

Plus, PSV, Ajax, etc are more likely to play/develop the players they own rather than loan and play our players.

Savinho, for example, is a rare case because he was a CFG signing so they are easier to maneuver within sister clubs regardless of wages.

City is in a very strong spot. They can pick and choose their targets. If a unicorn does become available regardless of "need" they can pounce. Gvardiol was an example. We had Ake, Stones, Manu and Ruben at CB. However, Josko was an exceptional talent and City had no issue paying top price. Almost Real Madrid like but without the tapping up and cuntiness. City is a big club and is kinda acting like it.
I see your points and undestamd the general strategy. You have explained it well here. But even Real do this signed Guler, Ødegaard etc if they dont work out they sell them for a good profit.

Anyways I will stop derailing the thread. Hugo Larsson is a good player that could be useful for us down the line.

I see your points and undestamd the general strategy. You have explained it well here. But even Real do this signed Guler, Ødegaard etc if they dont work out they sell them for a good profit.

Anyways I will stop derailing the thread. Hugo Larsson is a good player that could be useful for us down the line.
My brother, Guler is on €100k/wk straight from the Turkish league. Also who knows how much Papa Perez paid his agent. Odegaard was on the highest wages at the time for a teenager, I believe. It's just not how City do business.

Either way, Larsson is highly talented. If he takes his game to the next level ala KDB back in the day with Wolfsburg, I'm sure City will be in for him.

My brother, Guler is on €100k/wk straight from the Turkish league. Also who knows how much Papa Perez paid his agent. Odegaard was on the highest wages at the time for a teenager, I believe. It's just not how City do business.

Either way, Larsson is highly talented. If he takes his game to the next level ala KDB back in the day with Wolfsburg, I'm sure City will be in for him.
True story :-)

The saddest part is we never got to see the Isco Disco at Etihad for the very same reason. At least yet, there is still time….

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.