Hugo Viana to be new Director of Football (Official Announcement p17)

I think the talk of Amorim being Peps successor because of this appointment is clutching at straws. We have been incredibly lucky to have had a Txiki/Pep combo as it’s a once in a lifetime experience. We have picked who we believe is the best fit and will also be the same when it comes to management. Txiki and Pep may have worked together before but they are also two of the very best. I think that’s the difference. Amorim is clearly a good manager but I suspect although his name is on the list we will also look at other candidates

I think the talk of Amorim being Peps successor because of this appointment is clutching at straws. We have been incredibly lucky to have had a Txiki/Pep combo as it’s a once in a lifetime experience. We have picked who we believe is the best fit and will also be the same when it comes to management. Txiki and Pep may have worked together before but they are also two of the very best. I think that’s the difference. Amorim is clearly a good manager but I suspect although his name is on the list we will also look at other candidates
I'm sure we will look elsewhere but the relationship between the manager and DOF is fundamental and that gives Amorim a huge tick in the box.

It's fucking amazing how everyone we sign is a flop or won't do it in the Premier League, Pep included. How have we ever won anything?!? And when they turn out not to be flops, they want to leave us. Aguero was leaving us for 10 years.
Twats.

Do the Mail think we are playing him in midfield.

Mancini didn't have Pep's style but his style was exciting. Not saying Pep's isn't but we've gotten to slow and laboured last couple of seasons, not too exciting either.
It's the teams we play, not Pep, the 10 man block is not easy (or exciting) to beat, but more often than not we do.

I think in effect that is what City are saying in their statement today.

Is it? I read both our and Sporting's statements as nothing changes.this season, and then the change happens for next season. The 6 months handover thing seems to be the media wrongly putting two and two together from the timing here.

lets be real, you have to be an insider with great connections to know exactly how good a dof is, but viana has the rep of being able to attract very sought after players to a club in a peripheric country and according to sporting's statement this move has been in the works for 6 months or so, it happens that it only now leaked and as such the clubs made it public.

in regards to the future who knows but from my understanding by and large the transfer targets are the scouting departments job, the dof has final say but is more of a negotiator, lets see if he inherits txiki's mo, of not entering bidding wars and whatnot. But sporting lately has been cirurgical with signings and have a small squad, a bit like us in that sense

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.