Hulk

BlueJill said:
Dax777 said:
BlueJill said:
From ESPN

22.04 Cat. Out. Of. Bag. Porto defender Alvaro Pereira wrote on his Facebook page before taking it down: ''The coach [Andre Villas-Boas] is going to Chelsea. It's a big loss for us, but we will still be a very strong team.''
My boy said that? Men, we need to go get him though. I know Falcao, & Hulk are the well known stars at Porto, but none will fit City and be loved more by its fans that Gaurin and Alvaro Perreira. Perreira is a ball crossing leftback. And Guarin is box to box powerhouse midfielder with a canon. City fans would love both.

But I got no head way trying to sell Perreira here a few months ago. He just doesn't seem like someone on our raider :(

-- Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:32 pm --

Wait! Where did Alvaro learn English?

Dax, serious question. How do you have the time to watch every football league in Europe. Your depth of player knowledge is impressive.
To be fair, I only watch 6 leagues judiciously. Spanish, German, English, Italian, Dutch and Portuguese. And in that order. If not for City my consumption of PL games will be way less. Spanish and German league I watch almost everygame I can find. Doesn't matter who is playing, unless it is 2 bottom feeders. English I only watch City and the competitors. Can't watch a Blackburn v, Birmingham game to save my life. Italian I watch coz I can rewatch games on Espn and Tivo. And they show practically all Italian games. So this is by necessity. I don't search, it is just there :) Portuguese really my watch consists of the top 4 (Porto, Benfica, Braga, and Sporting) then whoever they play is just incidental. Dutch league always have 2 games a weekend and almost always involves (Ajax, PSV or Twente) so those three I watch. Then I watch Fenerbache when I can, my ex (and the only woman I have ever loved was a fan) so I watch in salutation to her. Outside of that, Every other team I know from CL or Europa games.

I know it is a lot, but my week end and week nights is all football. I also coach, so my kids let me know when there is a player that impresses them and they think I don't know. So I check them out.

My weak spot is the French league. I can't watch it no matter how much I try. I just don't enjoy something about Ligue 1. So I often know little about players in that league unless I see them at the international level.

Yeah, it do watch a lot, but I also blog, read comments, information and I follow any site that does statistical analysis on players. The drive for me is looking out for players that might be great at CIty. It makes watching others enjoyable :)

Total rubbish.

Falcao is the star on that team,hulk is left wide open due to teams focusing on the true danger.

Dax777 said:
BlueJill said:
Dax777 said:
My boy said that? Men, we need to go get him though. I know Falcao, & Hulk are the well known stars at Porto, but none will fit City and be loved more by its fans that Gaurin and Alvaro Perreira. Perreira is a ball crossing leftback. And Guarin is box to box powerhouse midfielder with a canon. City fans would love both.

But I got no head way trying to sell Perreira here a few months ago. He just doesn't seem like someone on our raider :(

-- Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:32 pm --

Wait! Where did Alvaro learn English?

Dax, serious question. How do you have the time to watch every football league in Europe. Your depth of player knowledge is impressive.
To be fair, I only watch 6 leagues judiciously. Spanish, German, English, Italian, Dutch and Portuguese. And in that order. If not for City my consumption of PL games will be way less. Spanish and German league I watch almost everygame I can find. Doesn't matter who is playing, unless it is 2 bottom feeders. English I only watch City and the competitors. Can't watch a Blackburn v, Birmingham game to save my life. Italian I watch coz I can rewatch games on Espn and Tivo. And they show practically all Italian games. So this is by necessity. I don't search, it is just there :) Portuguese really my watch consists of the top 4 (Porto, Benfica, Braga, and Sporting) then whoever they play is just incidental. Dutch league always have 2 games a weekend and almost always involves (Ajax, PSV or Twente) so those three I watch. Then I watch Fenerbache when I can, my ex (and the only woman I have ever loved was a fan) so I watch in salutation to her. Outside of that, Every other team I know from CL or Europa games.

I know it is a lot, but my week end and week nights is all football. I also coach, so my kids let me know when there is a player that impresses them and they think I don't know. So I check them out.

My weak spot is the French league. I can't watch it no matter how much I try. I just don't enjoy something about Ligue 1. So I often know little about players in that league unless I see them at the international level.

Yeah, it do watch a lot, but I also blog, read comments, information and I follow any site that does statistical analysis on players. The drive for me is looking out for players that might be great at CIty. It makes watching others enjoyable :)

Wow. I am lucky if I can get 6 games a week in. I envy you.

Thaksinssoldier said:
Total rubbish.

Falcao is the star on that team,hulk is left wide open due to teams focusing on the true danger.
And how will this compute with the Month and a half or so in which Falcao was injured and Hulk scored even more? Frankly Hulk's breakout year coincides with Falcao being out alot.

Depends on how much we paid for him really. I wouldn't want us to be shelling out anymore than £20 million for him.

Even Porto fans think Hulk is lightweight. I hope we stay well clear.

have to agree,ive watched him a couple of times and havent been that impressed with him,his 1st touch is usually a shot,its worse than dzekos!!i wouldnt want to see him at city,love to see falcao at chelsea,he is over-rated to the hill,he has scored alot of goals in a poor league,samaras anyone???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.