Hull City post match thread

Bluemanc100 said:
Manchester_lalala said:
Sam. said:
You're honestly suggesting swapping Fernandinho for Garcia?

We're three games in. It's going to take time for him to adjust to English football. Stop talking shite.

It's yaya who should be taking the criticism. Fernandinho was brilliant in the second half, but because of his price tag, anything he does slightly wrong gets noticed.

I thought (bar the free kick) that Ya Ya was shite today, very poor choice for captain for me also, left holes at times and looked totally uninterested
Good free kick though, wasn't it? From where I was sat;
ajyma4aq.jpg

A very workman like performance today at best.
We could have easily been 3-0 down in the first half an hour!

Again no major changes in our style of play or tactics.
11 men defending on free kicks and corners at home against Hull!
Huddlestone was the best player on the pitch - pity he has lost his way and ended up at Hull.

The positives being Navas - he deserved his MOTM.
Negredo looks good. Very good. Far more mobile than Dzeko and much more of a threat.

We need to significantly improve and quickly. We have had a very 'soft' start to the season with the teams
we have played so far. I am worried if we don't step up to the mark pretty quickly we could be in for a hiding
off one of the top teams and that will do no ones' confidence any good at all.

jimharri said:
Bluemanc100 said:
Manchester_lalala said:
It's yaya who should be taking the criticism. Fernandinho was brilliant in the second half, but because of his price tag, anything he does slightly wrong gets noticed.

I thought (bar the free kick) that Ya Ya was shite today, very poor choice for captain for me also, left holes at times and looked totally uninterested
Good free kick though, wasn't it? From where I was sat;
ajyma4aq.jpg

It was Awesome from 324 too but the quality there was netted out by the rest of his game.... Point win prizes but after all the talk about Pellers playing pressing football, I hope it comes eventually because we saw precious little of it today

BillyShears said:
Rammy Blue said:
Danamy said:
The big worry for me is Yaya

If you put the goal aside, the rest of the game he looked like he was jogging around the pitch with stilettos on?

If anyone finds his mojo can they please return it to him asap

Yep, the usual sketch where their players just waltzed past him. Pointless playing him as a defensive midfielder when he doesn't tackle.

I think bringing in a centre half who will step out of defence and shut the space down in behind Yaya & Fernandinho like Kompany did against Newcastle is going to be key to our fortunes in the next month. I've not seen enough of Demichilis to judge whether he's got the technique, composure and passing ability, if he does we'll be fine. If he doesn't then Yaya is going to have to take a seat and Rodwell should should come in. I'm certainly not an advocate of Yaya/Fernandinho/Rodwell three in midfield. I know lots of people think we should play Yaya as a pure A Mid but not for me. Not when we have the attacking players we have at our disposal.

I said it earlier in the thread but the other problem is the lack of balance on the left hand side and the many knock effects this has. If we're going to play 4222 against Stoke then Nasri needs to come in for Silva. If we're going to play with one forward then Nasri or Jovetic should come in for the forward who's sacrificed.

Surprised so many people are quite so panicked. We were very poor for much of that game, granted. But to my eyes the problems were stemming from two very specific things. Not having a centre half who can press right up to the half way line, and a lack of width on the left. These two things left made us look much worse than we actually were.
Nobody cares. You have never managed at any level.

And you won't, ever.

Enjoy your Saturday evening along the Seine.....or not....

TGR said:
A very workman like performance today at best.
We could have easily been 3-0 down in the first half an hour!

Again no major changes in our style of play or tactics.
11 men defending on free kicks and corners at home against Hull!
Huddlestone was the best player on the pitch - pity he has lost his way and ended up at Hull.

The positives being Navas - he deserved his MOTM.
Negredo looks good. Very good. Far more mobile than Dzeko and much more of a threat.

We need to significantly improve and quickly. We have had a very 'soft' start to the season with the teams
we have played so far. I am worried if we don't step up to the mark pretty quickly we could be in for a hiding
off one of the top teams and that will do no ones' confidence any good at all.

Maybe just me but Negredo reminds me of Van Nistlehorse

Chelsea played really well against Hull, had critics raving. They won 2-0. City played pretty poorly, were outplayed at times by Hull. They won 2-0. Ultimately it doesn't matter, we both won 2-0.

In the first half today we were really poor, Hull were definitely the better side at that stage and we couldn't have had much argument with going in at half time 1-0 down, we were only really saved by Hull's lack of a cutting edge. In the second half we improved and probably just shaded it, the Negredo for Dzeko sub really helped here as Negredo gave us better movement and looked more dangerous almost immediately. Ultimately it was our superior quality in the final third that made the difference. Not a good performance by any stretch of the imagination, but still a win.

BillyShears said:
Rammy Blue said:
Danamy said:
The big worry for me is Yaya

If you put the goal aside, the rest of the game he looked like he was jogging around the pitch with stilettos on?

If anyone finds his mojo can they please return it to him asap

Yep, the usual sketch where their players just waltzed past him. Pointless playing him as a defensive midfielder when he doesn't tackle.

I think bringing in a centre half who will step out of defence and shut the space down in behind Yaya & Fernandinho like Kompany did against Newcastle is going to be key to our fortunes in the next month. I've not seen enough of Demichilis to judge whether he's got the technique, composure and passing ability, if he does we'll be fine. If he doesn't then Yaya is going to have to take a seat and Rodwell should should come in. I'm certainly not an advocate of Yaya/Fernandinho/Rodwell three in midfield. I know lots of people think we should play Yaya as a pure A Mid but not for me. Not when we have the attacking players we have at our disposal.

I said it earlier in the thread but the other problem is the lack of balance on the left hand side and the many knock effects this has. If we're going to play 4222 against Stoke then Nasri needs to come in for Silva. If we're going to play with one forward then Nasri or Jovetic should come in for the forward who's sacrificed.

Surprised so many people are quite so panicked. We were very poor for much of that game, granted. But to my eyes the problems were stemming from two very specific things. Not having a centre half who can press right up to the half way line, and a lack of width on the left. These two things left made us look much worse than we actually were.
Excellent post Billy - totally agree with your point about the lack of cohesion and confidence at CB as this (as you state) affects Yaya and Fernandinho who are so concerned by how easily we are exposed play too deep. This gave Huddlepain space and made him look decent which is nonsense. The only criticism I had today is that when we press the opposition only 4 or 5 actually worked the rest left space so the Hull players always had an out ball. If we are to press it has to be in unison. Negrado looks a player and Jovetic will suprise a lot I for one think once we have the new CB and leave out Lescott we will be fine.

HART - 7 (thought he dealt with everything in a calm way and he should gain extra confidence after today).

ZABALETA - 4 (great cross for Negredo's goal, apart from that I thought once again he was poor and out of position on numerous occasions. A fit Micah will get straight back in the team at this rate).

KOLAROV - 7 (credit where it's due I thought he was good today. Not spectacular but he made some crucial interceptions and supported the attacks when he could).

LESCOTT - 5 (Is there a slower CB in the league? He scares the hell out of me.He is a shadow of the player that was part of our title winning team).

NASTASIC - 5 (Looked rusty and I'm sure if Kompany or last week wasn't such a disaster then he wouldn't have been rushed back in. Hopefully he'll be up to speed for Stoke).

NAVAS - 6 (still finding his feet in a new league but he will always be a threat in games).

FERNANDINHO - 6 (very poor first half but credit to him he improved in the 2nd half. Like Navas he needs time to adjust to a new league).

TOURE - 4 (the free kick papered over what was a very performance. He is such a beast of a player but he is infuriating when he puts in these lethargic displays).

SILVA - 4 (bad day at the office for Silva. His passing game just wasn't there today).

DZEKO - 4 (didn't get any service and it probably infuriated him when he saw the cross for Negredos goal. Having said that Dzekos general play was pretty poor today).

AGUERO - 6 (He hasn't had a pre season and Hull swarmed all over him. It wasn't a vintage Aguero display but I thought his effort and desire was admirable).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.