Hull City post match thread

Tim of the Oak said:
Danamy said:
The big worry for me is Yaya

If you put the goal aside, the rest of the game he looked like he was jogging around the pitch with stilettos on?

If anyone finds his mojo can they please return it to him asap

Yaya pretty anonymous in first half but much better in second half. Won good headers and challenges in midfield and scored a blinder. We still need a top class holding midfielder to play the De Jong role / or bring back Nigel.

Nasri was class throughout , even in the piss poor first half.

struggling to understand your Nasri point??

Rammy Blue said:
Danamy said:
The big worry for me is Yaya

If you put the goal aside, the rest of the game he looked like he was jogging around the pitch with stilettos on?

If anyone finds his mojo can they please return it to him asap

Yep, the usual sketch where their players just waltzed past him. Pointless playing him as a defensive midfielder when he doesn't tackle.

I think bringing in a centre half who will step out of defence and shut the space down in behind Yaya & Fernandinho like Kompany did against Newcastle is going to be key to our fortunes in the next month. I've not seen enough of Demichilis to judge whether he's got the technique, composure and passing ability, if he does we'll be fine. If he doesn't then Yaya is going to have to take a seat and Rodwell should should come in. I'm certainly not an advocate of Yaya/Fernandinho/Rodwell three in midfield. I know lots of people think we should play Yaya as a pure A Mid but not for me. Not when we have the attacking players we have at our disposal.

I said it earlier in the thread but the other problem is the lack of balance on the left hand side and the many knock effects this has. If we're going to play 4222 against Stoke then Nasri needs to come in for Silva. If we're going to play with one forward then Nasri or Jovetic should come in for the forward who's sacrificed.

Surprised so many people are quite so panicked. We were very poor for much of that game, granted. But to my eyes the problems were stemming from two very specific things. Not having a centre half who can press right up to the half way line, and a lack of width on the left. These two things left made us look much worse than we actually were.

Just got back to my temporary abode after the game. To be brutally honest, that performance wasn't much better than the one last sunday. Some of the passing was woeful (too many underhit), very few of the team played up to par and Hull were creating a few half chances (should have buried the one on one in the first half) . Positives? Negredo played well when he came on (should have nailed that header he missed). And it was good to see Nasty back, rusty though he was. And Yaya 's free kick was top notch (did fuck all else in the game though). We're not firing on all cylinders yet, not by a long way.

That was the worst I have seen City play at home for a long long time.

The positives were we won without Kompany and Negredo looks like a star in the making

Sell Dzeko. We don't need him

Why is Pellegrini changing everything? I thought all that was wrong was the man management. Ridiculous tactics today. At least he put Negredo on at half time. He got that right

If we don't improve an awful lot, we'll be out of the title race very quickly and you can forget about the top 4. That was a shambles of a performance at times

Credit should go to Kolarov for a match-saving tackle at 1-0.

The cookie monster said:
How we came out of that with 3 points I will never know
Must be up there with one of our worst home performances of the last few years

Lot of work for pelle to do.

Losing our captain and best CB, having Nastasic out too. Hardly was the best start for him. I also believe Micah is the better RB for us too and I feel we miss his runs although Zabaleta is sound, just feel Micah has that extra bit to his game.

We are missing a holding mid. If we played in La Liga we would play more open teams and do better but we aren't and Pellegrini needs to adapt himself to our needs. A top holding player is vital because Barry has a foot out the door and Garcia isn't cut out for it. Next summer we must make Gundogan our top priority imho. For the here and now either Rodwell or Milner. If we do insist on the formation then Yaya will continue to struggle.

-- Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:10 pm --

Marvin said:
That was the worst I have seen City play at home for a long long time.

The positives were we won without Kompany and Negredo looks like a star in the making

Sell Dzeko. We don't need him

Why is Pellegrini changing everything? I thought all that was wrong was the man management. Ridiculous tactics today. At least he put Negredo on at half time. He got that right

If we don't improve an awful lot, we'll be out of the title race very quickly and you can forget about the top 4. That was a shambles of a performance at times

Credit should go to Kolarov for a match-saving tackle at 1-0.

So sell Dzeko but continue with Garcia. Are you posting for giggles?

Pellegrini's tweaking won us the game.....

Manchester_lalala said:
Sam. said:
Бравый Дератизатор said:
Fantastic goal from Yaya .
Poor team performance. Rodwell or even Garcia should play in the midfield but not fernandinho. What a waste of money

You're honestly suggesting swapping Fernandinho for Garcia?

We're three games in. It's going to take time for him to adjust to English football. Stop talking shite.

It's yaya who should be taking the criticism. Fernandinho was brilliant in the second half, but because of his price tag, anything he does slightly wrong gets noticed.

I thought (bar the free kick) that Ya Ya was shite today, very poor choice for captain for me also, left holes at times and looked totally uninterested

Overall that was dire if you ask me.

With all due respect that was Hull we were playing today, at home too! Performances like that will not win us anything.

I think the way we lost to Cardiff last week and the way we conceded 3 goals to what many believe will be a side fighting to stay in the league has given everyone in the league hope of getting at least a goal against us.

I don't think we have a fear factor about us yet.

It looks like the Yaya and Fernandinho partnership will take a while to get going full flow, and our defence needs tightening up because we look like we can give any team a good few chances to score goals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.