Hull City post match thread

Danamy said:
The big worry for me is Yaya

If you put the goal aside, the rest of the game he looked like he was jogging around the pitch with stilettos on?

If anyone finds his mojo can they please return it to him asap

Yaya pretty anonymous in first half but much better in second half. Won good headers and challenges in midfield and scored a blinder. We still need a top class holding midfielder to play the De Jong role / or bring back Nigel.

Nasri was class throughout , even in the piss poor first half.

Just back from the match. City were poor today, 2-0 flattered us big-time, but fuck me, the negativity in here, absolutely disgraceful. I hate to think where some of the posters in here were when we were shit - mostly not there I guess

Remember Yaya having a slow start last year as well.

Might pick up his energy levels once he's finished fasting.

Poor performance, dug out the win, overall = good.

Very early days.

The players still look pretty unsure of themselves to me, it'll improve with time, I'm absolutely certain.

cleavers said:
mike channon´s windmill said:
NipHolmes said:
Lescott's passing is like a game of Russian roulette.

4-2-2-2 leaves us open on the counter and I feel Yaya is wasted but Milner would thrive in that role.

4-2-3-1 for me with the following personnel ideally.
-------------------------------------------------------Hart------------------------------------------------------------------
Richards----------------------------Kompany--------------------Nastasic--------------------------------Clichy
-------------------------------------Milner--------------------Fernandinho------------------------------------------
Navas-----------------------------------------Yaya----------------------------------------------------------------Silva
---------------------------------------------------Aguero------------------------------------------------------------------

If we keep 4-2-2-2 and we are letting Barry go then we must bite the bullet with Garcia and let him go too and buy a top Holding Mid but this late in season I cannot see it. Left hand side worries me still.

Anyway the glass is half full, second half was very promising.
Negredo for Kun and that´s my team too
Other than we need 2 fit players in defence I'd play either of those, clearly Zab will play for now, the other conundrum is the CB until Vinny is back, clean sheet today suggests he got that right, and with better cover in front we may look a lot less likely to concede.

It'll be Demichellis and Nastasic pal.

How we came out of that with 3 points I will never know
Must be up there with one of our worst home performances of the last few years

Lot of work for pelle to do.

Prestwich_Blue said:
lmjones1uk said:
Credit to Hull, Aluku, Brady, Huddlestone, Davies all played out of their skin.

Also playing newly promoted teams this early in the season is always tricky regardless of what you think.
This is very true and we were saying this at the game. The new teams are pumped up and doing everything right for the first few games. They play well but miss chances or get a few decent results. Then they get a bit tired, injuries deplete them, they lose a bit of confidence and their concentration drops. I'd rather play teams like Newcastle, Fulham, Villa and West Brom early on.

A lot of truth in this

Southampton give us a hard first game last season when newly promoted, promoted teams have nothing to lose early in the season and always come out of the blocks on a high.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.