Hull City post match thread

Matty said:
Chelsea played really well against Hull, had critics raving. They won 2-0. City played pretty poorly, were outplayed at times by Hull. They won 2-0. Ultimately it doesn't matter, we both won 2-0.

In the first half today we were really poor, Hull were definitely the better side at that stage and we couldn't have had much argument with going in at half time 1-0 down, we were only really saved by Hull's lack of a cutting edge. In the second half we improved and probably just shaded it, the Negredo for Dzeko sub really helped here as Negredo gave us better movement and looked more dangerous almost immediately. Ultimately it was our superior quality in the final third that made the difference. Not a good performance by any stretch of the imagination, but still a win.

Was noticeable that Negredo came on and won three headers on the bounce whereas I don't think Dzeko won a single one in the first half. Shame that Dzeko for such a big lad is quite so poor at winning attacking headers.

The Flash said:
BillyShears said:
Rammy Blue said:
Yep, the usual sketch where their players just waltzed past him. Pointless playing him as a defensive midfielder when he doesn't tackle.

I think bringing in a centre half who will step out of defence and shut the space down in behind Yaya & Fernandinho like Kompany did against Newcastle is going to be key to our fortunes in the next month. I've not seen enough of Demichilis to judge whether he's got the technique, composure and passing ability, if he does we'll be fine. If he doesn't then Yaya is going to have to take a seat and Rodwell should should come in. I'm certainly not an advocate of Yaya/Fernandinho/Rodwell three in midfield. I know lots of people think we should play Yaya as a pure A Mid but not for me. Not when we have the attacking players we have at our disposal.

I said it earlier in the thread but the other problem is the lack of balance on the left hand side and the many knock effects this has. If we're going to play 4222 against Stoke then Nasri needs to come in for Silva. If we're going to play with one forward then Nasri or Jovetic should come in for the forward who's sacrificed.

Surprised so many people are quite so panicked. We were very poor for much of that game, granted. But to my eyes the problems were stemming from two very specific things. Not having a centre half who can press right up to the half way line, and a lack of width on the left. These two things left made us look much worse than we actually were.
Nobody cares. You have never managed at any level.

And you won't, ever.

Enjoy your Saturday evening along the Seine.....or not....

Is there any reason why you have to target Billy in such a way?

I think you need to have a look at the CoC list and in particular the part about trolling, then you'll have no excuse if it continues and you receive a warning

Thanks!

Sam W said:
Remember Yaya having a slow start last year as well.

Might pick up his energy levels once he's finished fasting.

Wasn't eid almost a month ago?if he's still fasting someone should tell him.

The Flash said:
BillyShears said:
Rammy Blue said:
Yep, the usual sketch where their players just waltzed past him. Pointless playing him as a defensive midfielder when he doesn't tackle.

I think bringing in a centre half who will step out of defence and shut the space down in behind Yaya & Fernandinho like Kompany did against Newcastle is going to be key to our fortunes in the next month. I've not seen enough of Demichilis to judge whether he's got the technique, composure and passing ability, if he does we'll be fine. If he doesn't then Yaya is going to have to take a seat and Rodwell should should come in. I'm certainly not an advocate of Yaya/Fernandinho/Rodwell three in midfield. I know lots of people think we should play Yaya as a pure A Mid but not for me. Not when we have the attacking players we have at our disposal.

I said it earlier in the thread but the other problem is the lack of balance on the left hand side and the many knock effects this has. If we're going to play 4222 against Stoke then Nasri needs to come in for Silva. If we're going to play with one forward then Nasri or Jovetic should come in for the forward who's sacrificed.

Surprised so many people are quite so panicked. We were very poor for much of that game, granted. But to my eyes the problems were stemming from two very specific things. Not having a centre half who can press right up to the half way line, and a lack of width on the left. These two things left made us look much worse than we actually were.

And you won't, ever.

Have you got anger problems? It's merely his opinion.

TGR said:
A very workman like performance today at best.
We could have easily been 3-0 down in the first half an hour!

Again no major changes in our style of play or tactics.
11 men defending on free kicks and corners at home against Hull!
Huddlestone was the best player on the pitch - pity he has lost his way and ended up at Hull.

The positives being Navas - he deserved his MOTM.
Negredo looks good. Very good. Far more mobile than Dzeko and much more of a threat.

We need to significantly improve and quickly. We have had a very 'soft' start to the season with the teams
we have played so far. I am worried if we don't step up to the mark pretty quickly we could be in for a hiding
off one of the top teams and that will do no ones' confidence any good at all.
I don't know about 3-0 down but they did have three chances to go 1-0 up.

We were very poor in the first half. Our shape was easy to defend against. I thought Negredo was a beast second half, he should have been MOTM he did more in half a game than some have done in two games.

Yaya, yet again, was woeful. He could tackle is dinner. Him and Fernandinho don't work together for me, one of them has to play with a disciplined DM.

Milner looked class when he came on and I'm itching to see Jovetić, he's our best signing this Summer and we haven't seen a second of him yet.

Poor-average but we won. They're the best wins come the end of the season.

Sam W said:
Remember Yaya having a slow start last year as well.

Might pick up his energy levels once he's finished fasting.

Well Yaya didn't have any support in midfield, Fernandinho will take time. Put a proper DM in there, Barry, Rodwell, Millner. Yaya cant do it all by himself

Just got home..

I think that is what you call a crap victory if you know what I mean.

All were poor today...kolarov did one good thing and that was the tackle in our box at one nil..dzeko looked poor again..negredos effort and workrate was great..

All in all a poor performance but a victory...tempo tempo tempo..

Mr HJ said:
BillyShears said:
Rammy Blue said:

Excellent post Billy - totally agree with your point about the lack of cohesion and confidence at CB as this (as you state) affects Yaya and Fernandinho who are so concerned by how easily we are exposed play too deep. This gave Huddlepain space and made him look decent which is nonsense. The only criticism I had today is that when we press the opposition only 4 or 5 actually worked the rest left space so the Hull players always had an out ball. If we are to press it has to be in unison. Negrado looks a player and Jovetic will suprise a lot I for one think once we have the new CB and leave out Lescott we will be fine.

Is Mr Hand Job your new alter ego Billy?

Danamy said:
The Flash said:
BillyShears said:

And you won't, ever.

Is there any reason why you have to target Billy in such a way?

I think you need to have a look at the CoC list and in particular the part about trolling, then you'll have no excuse if it continues and you receive a warning

Thanks!
Trolling? Me?

I tell you what, Billy is revered by some as a genius. But he isn't.

He wanted Mancini out and got his wish, so what he sowed, he now reaps.

It's a joke Danamy, but okay, ban me. I've read the CoC and I haven't breached it.

If you would like to point out to me where I have, then feel free to enlighten me.

Trolling? Don't make me laugh.

Having had time to ruminate some thoughts:

1) Hull didn't come to park the bus they actually came and played football. They even played it out from the back without resorting to too much hoofball. Worringly they played it quite well at times but thankfully they were a bit rubbish in front of goal. That we struggled to impose our game on a team like Hull who have come to play is an unwelcome sight. Seemingly the fear factor at home which we have had for the last two seasons has gone AWOL.

2) We concede far to many chances. We got punished against Cardiff and today we didn't. Bruce said in one of he interviews that his team had more chances today than the last few visits combined. Defensively we are pootering around in a clown car.

3) Substitutions. Clearly these are pre planned in advance and will happen no matter what. Twice now we have taken the lead and then used the planned sub. Personally I think it disrupts the momentum that happens when you take the lead. Its subbing by numbers.

4) Aguero. Starting to be a tad concerned.

5) Dzeko. Always starts the season well. Gets taken off/dropped. Confidence disappears down the toilet. Lets not have a repeat. Remember you're a happy bunny now.

6) Negrado. Like him. Boot in the face? Fuck off. Loop easy header wide? Fuck off. Gets first goal with header? Fucking fuck off and pick that out of the fucking net. Correction. Love him.

7) Yaya. I love Yaya. Ambled around. Settled matters with a sublime freekick. Sue me. I love Yaya.

8) My moment for a quiet chuckle. The gospel according to Pellers. "We will not just win games but win well. We score 1 goal we want to score more and keep scoring..." Alternatively we will go 1-0 up at home against Hull and then take off a forward and put on a midfielder and pretty much park the bus. Hey its 3 points so I get it just don't sell me a crock of shit to start with. In other words Pellers. Don't tell your Daddy how to fuck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.