Hull City post match thread

Danamy said:
The Flash said:
BillyShears said:
I think bringing in a centre half who will step out of defence and shut the space down in behind Yaya & Fernandinho like Kompany did against Newcastle is going to be key to our fortunes in the next month. I've not seen enough of Demichilis to judge whether he's got the technique, composure and passing ability, if he does we'll be fine. If he doesn't then Yaya is going to have to take a seat and Rodwell should should come in. I'm certainly not an advocate of Yaya/Fernandinho/Rodwell three in midfield. I know lots of people think we should play Yaya as a pure A Mid but not for me. Not when we have the attacking players we have at our disposal.

I said it earlier in the thread but the other problem is the lack of balance on the left hand side and the many knock effects this has. If we're going to play 4222 against Stoke then Nasri needs to come in for Silva. If we're going to play with one forward then Nasri or Jovetic should come in for the forward who's sacrificed.

Surprised so many people are quite so panicked. We were very poor for much of that game, granted. But to my eyes the problems were stemming from two very specific things. Not having a centre half who can press right up to the half way line, and a lack of width on the left. These two things left made us look much worse than we actually were.
Nobody cares. You have never managed at any level.

And you won't, ever.

Enjoy your Saturday evening along the Seine.....or not....

Is there any reason why you have to target Billy in such a way?

I think you need to have a look at the CoC list and in particular the part about trolling, then you'll have no excuse if it continues and you receive a warning

Thanks!

I don't believe you can be serious about a warning for that? C'mon!!!

de niro said:
if we play like that against practually any other prem side we will get beat. united will slaughter us. oh and you can kiss goodbye to a decent run in the champions league.
people may feel my post is over critical but I say it as it is. all the city fan boys who think that was ok are as blind as fuck.

can I please have my Manchester city back?

Yep..just get on the phonr to italy....

Poor performance by the lads but at least we get 3 points and this is the most important thing..now let's get and beat stoke at britannia!!!

I am too tired to read 25 pages, I feel as if I played in that match I am so exhausted with trying to gee up the team!!

Is Ya Ya colour blind because I think he only passed to a City player three times the whole match and it happens so often in all matches to be a coincidence!!

Zaba was MOTM for me, he and Navas played well. In fact I don't think any of them played badly they were just TOO FLAMING SLOW, at times I felt that I could have run faster than them. However we are going to HAVE to find a plan B for teams who park the bus!

But we got the two points it isn't the end of the world and maybe at the United match you will all have your voices back!! I'm not sure that I will because it was difficult trying to cheer and shout over the noise the Hull fans were making, especially as I felt that there were only about 50 of the Manchester City fans making any noise!!

Mr HJ said:
wayne71 said:
Mr HJ said:
Excellent post Billy - totally agree with your point about the lack of cohesion and confidence at CB as this (as you state) affects Yaya and Fernandinho who are so concerned by how easily we are exposed play too deep. This gave Huddlepain space and made him look decent which is nonsense. The only criticism I had today is that when we press the opposition only 4 or 5 actually worked the rest left space so the Hull players always had an out ball. If we are to press it has to be in unison. Negrado looks a player and Jovetic will suprise a lot I for one think once we have the new CB and leave out Lescott we will be fine.

Is Mr Hand Job your new alter ego Billy?

Blimey Wayne how did you guess my unusual surname? Joking apart I don't actually know Billy I just liked his post as it was ok and I agreed with it. Too many panicking on here. ps my name is Hutson-jones as in the author.

Hmm, you've come to life over a billy post? suspicious as firk. But also funny as firk..welcome billy3 :)

TGR said:
Mr HJ said:
BillyShears said:
I think bringing in a centre half who will step out of defence and shut the space down in behind Yaya & Fernandinho like Kompany did against Newcastle is going to be key to our fortunes in the next month. I've not seen enough of Demichilis to judge whether he's got the technique, composure and passing ability, if he does we'll be fine. If he doesn't then Yaya is going to have to take a seat and Rodwell should should come in. I'm certainly not an advocate of Yaya/Fernandinho/Rodwell three in midfield. I know lots of people think we should play Yaya as a pure A Mid but not for me. Not when we have the attacking players we have at our disposal.

I said it earlier in the thread but the other problem is the lack of balance on the left hand side and the many knock effects this has. If we're going to play 4222 against Stoke then Nasri needs to come in for Silva. If we're going to play with one forward then Nasri or Jovetic should come in for the forward who's sacrificed.

Surprised so many people are quite so panicked. We were very poor for much of that game, granted. But to my eyes the problems were stemming from two very specific things. Not having a centre half who can press right up to the half way line, and a lack of width on the left. These two things left made us look much worse than we actually were.
Excellent post Billy - totally agree with your point about the lack of cohesion and confidence at CB as this (as you state) affects Yaya and Fernandinho who are so concerned by how easily we are exposed play too deep. This gave Huddlepain space and made him look decent which is nonsense. The only criticism I had today is that when we press the opposition only 4 or 5 actually worked the rest left space so the Hull players always had an out ball. If we are to press it has to be in unison. Negrado looks a player and Jovetic will suprise a lot I for one think once we have the new CB and leave out Lescott we will be fine.

'Huddlepain' as you condescendingly like to call him was one of the best players on the pitch today. He ran the middle of the park for fun. He also made some of our high expensive & highly rated international players look average at best. Hull could easily have had the game wrapped up at half-time.

The point I am making is that if you only press in parts like we did today most footballers at this level given so much space and time will look better than they are. I admit though I don't like TH going back to a game a few seasons ago when he kicked Silva to bits particularly running his studs down the back of Merlin's calf so sorry if I offended you. Sure he can pass but really if he was that good he would not be playing for Hull would he?

Thought Silva had a decent game and a bit surprised he was sub'd. He went straight down the tunnel so don't know whether he took a knock?

Not convinced this 4-4-2 formation is working too well but have to say Hull came to play which I think surprised MP who probably thought like most of us, they would just park the bus. Negredo looks class and should start from now on.

God that was dreadful to watch. Painful.

How can a side that played so well against Newcastle perform so poorly today?

We were very fortunate not to go a goal behind and the scoreline flattered us.

On the plus side, the goals were good and the defence just about managed a clean sheet.

Dzeko back to his worst and Fernandinho in the first half looked a £3m player not £30m!

Good performance from Negredo but average from most others and poor from one or two.

3 points the best thing about the day!

rastus said:
Sam W said:
Remember Yaya having a slow start last year as well.

Might pick up his energy levels once he's finished fasting.

Well Yaya didn't have any support in midfield, Fernandinho will take time. Put a proper DM in there, Barry, Rodwell, Millner. Yaya cant do it all by himself

Fernandinho and Yaya look hesitant playing alongside each other, still haven't developed an understanding. Both looked unsure whether to make runs because they weren't sure of the other's positioning.

The Yaya/Fernandhino combination has much greater potential than any other but will take more time to develop.

Well done Aleks...

You have won the shirt back.

I was one of a number of posters calling for his recall yesterday as the time was right.
Well done Pelli for picking him and hurry back Micah cos Zab man will relish some competition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.