Hull City post match thread

So impressed with Negredo!! Excellent positioning. Every minute he is on the pitch he looks like scoring. I think he deserves a start now.

Yaya's free kick was like deja vu from the Cardiff game. What amazing precision! I think Hull already knew he was gonna take the free kick in-spite of Kolarav trying to confuse them and they also knew exactly where it was going. One man starting backing up to cover the near post. It went exactly where it was supposed to and no-one could do anything ab't it. Jus brilliant.

Like The Engineer said still lot of work needed! I hope we are up and running in top gear once we start facing stronger teams.

nehe11 said:
3 points is all that really matters and no injuries , as far as the performance goes it wasen´t very good was it?
A bit worrying that we look a different team without Vinny, Lescott in particular looks lost without him. I know he played on the right hand side of the defence but as one of our most experienced player he should be leading the way.

Yaya showed once again that he´s not captain material, why Zabba isen´t captain I don´t know. He scored a lovely goal (again) but as a defensive MF I feel he dosen´t protect the back 4 well it happened today and against Cardiff. Maybe MP should consider playing him higher up the pitch where he does most damage.

Positives: Negredo, took his goal well and brought energy to the team, thought he really changed the game when he got on. We are blessed in that department of having strikers that can change the game, we saw evidence of that last season with Dzeko coming of the bench.
I though Silva was the pick of a bad bunch worked hard and tried to make things happen.
Clean sheet another postive and will keep the Media of Joe´s back. I was a bit disapointed not to see Rodwell feature or atleast be on the bench, he looked fit on the Inside City episode, probably bc Garcia can play at CB he was picked ahead of him.
Play like that we'll fall to pieces by Christmas.

Goo said:
We need to stop pissing about with this "Dzeko needs confidence" rhetoric and just play Negredo from the start.

Dzeko been better this season, but Negredo is just a better player

I hope the Dzeko/Negredo Question doesn't become one of those where whichever one starts we wish by HT that it had been the other one!

Hey, come on fellas. You wasn't expecting a performance like that from us. I may be biased but I think we played better than Cardiff against ya. We are only little 'Ull, we don't have the resources your club have and probably never will have. But please give credit where's it's due. I've seen maybe 3/4 posts on here saying how well we played. If we'd have been playing a team in our small league in the Prem, we'd have played them off the park. 1-0 would've been acceptable but I don't think 2-0 was the true result. We know we're not gonna be World beaters but a bit of respect would be nice.

Hope your season goes well for ya :)

Indian Cityzen said:
So impressed with Negredo!! Excellent positioning. Every minute he is on the pitch he looks like scoring. I think he deserves a start now.

Yaya's free kick was like deja vu from the Cardiff game. What amazing precision! I think Hull already knew he was gonna take the free kick in-spite of Kolarav trying to confuse them and they also knew exactly where it was going. One man starting backing up to cover the near post. It went exactly where it was supposed to and no-one could do anything ab't it. Jus brilliant.

Like The Engineer said still lot of work needed! I hope we are up and running in top gear once we start facing stronger teams.
Good positive post. Well done.

Chippy_boy said:
Revolver said:
Sam. said:
We're three games in. It's going to take time for the players to adjust.

Fair point. Hope you are right.

We don't have time though. With Mourinho at Chelsea now, Spurs signing players like Chadli, Capoue and Paulino, United looking like keeping Shrek and in for de Rossi and/or other midfielders, Liverpool starting to look decent;

this is going to be the toughest, most competitive season ever in the history of the PL, IMHO.

If were to get 9 or 12 points behind after a couple or so more losses whilst we are "learning", it's going to be difficult or nigh on impossible to claw it back.
United have so far signed nobody of any concequence and have lost ferguson. Spurs have made some good signings but left it too late for them to contribute much for a while.
Ars have totally ballsed up the transfer window. Again.
Liverpool are light up front and nearly blew the stoke game.
Chelsea are dangerous but also have to bed in some important players.

Our start has been a bit of a mess but as mancini used to say "ze season is long, ees 'ard".

The league seems to be getting harder or maybe I'm just making an excuse for us. But Hull and Cardiff both had very active and difficult midfields that we struggled with. Two years ago we would have battered both sides because they would have had weaker teams... it's probably the increased TV revenue allowing them to buy players like Huddlestone and Medel.

Indian Cityzen said:

Newcastle !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.