Hull City post match thread

de niro said:
if we play like that against practually any other prem side we will get beat. united will slaughter us. oh and you can kiss goodbye to a decent run in the champions league.
people may feel my post is over critical but I say it as it is. all the city fan boys who think that was ok are as blind as fuck.

can I please have my Manchester city back?
Agreed.

Relieved we won. Pleased with Fernandinho and Negredo, but a very very poor performance. Alarm bells should be ringing.

The defence is missing Kompany and Richards, but that does not explain all the problems. I don't like Navas stuck out wide on the wing, and two up top. It leaves the midfield outnumbered and unable to play our passing possession game.

All that needed to happen was to maintain the system the players were used to and just slowly integrate the new players. At the moment the cohesion has gone, and suddenly we look like startled rabbits in the headlights.

I'm normally euphoric after a win, but we look like we're going backwards

Kolarov much better than lightweight Clichy, well done Pellers in that change.
I would hope for a couple of signings and another 6 games to gel and we are ready to go.

Sam. said:
de niro said:
if we play like that against practually any other prem side we will get beat. united will slaughter us. oh and you can kiss goodbye to a decent run in the champions league.
people may feel my post is over critical but I say it as it is. all the city fan boys who think that was ok are as blind as fuck.

But it's going to take time for the team to adjust to MP's tactical adjustments. Not to mention time from the new signings to adjust to English football. I don't think MP knows what his best team is as yet, so I'd expect to see a little bit of swapping and changing in the next few weeks. United's going to be a dodgy game by the looks of it, but I would think that things will have started to settle down by the time the CL starts.

Saying that, MP does need to sort out the obvious issues quickly. I know it's still early in the season, but we can't afford to fall too far behind.

we are second on 6 points at the mo !!

samharris said:
daveglum said:
united would have won 10-0 against a poor hull team

I read some shite first posts but thats just a cut above all of em.

Hull were not poor today, they surprised me, whilst i thought we would win , i thought it would have been a lot easier, they along with Cardiff i think will stay up it they continue to play like they have done.

Marvin said:
de niro said:

Agreed.

Relieved we won. Pleased with Fernandinho and Negredo, but a very very poor performance. Alarm bells should be ringing.

The defence is missing Kompany and Richards, but that does not explain all the problems. I don't like Navas stuck out wide on the wing, and two up top. It leaves the midfield outnumbered and unable to play our passing possession game.

All that needed to happen was to maintain the system the players were used to and just slowly integrate the new players. At the moment the cohesion has gone, and suddenly we look like startled rabbits in the headlights.

I'm normally euphoric after a win, but we look like we're going backwards

That's the concern I have. Is he trying to change too much too quickly?

That was up there with one of our worst home performances against that level of opposition for 4 years.

samharris said:
daveglum said:
united would have won 10-0 against a poor hull team

I read some shite first posts but thats just a cut above all of em.

That is really a poor posting...it's always difficult to play a promoted team at the beginning of the season. Hull is not only bad cause its Hull. They did a good job. Who cares about what the scum could have played today. They will have their one problems tomorrow.

Sam. said:
de niro said:

But it's going to take time for the team to adjust to MP's tactical adjustments. Not to mention time from the new signings to adjust to English football. I don't think MP knows what his best team is as yet, so I'd expect to see a little bit of swapping and changing in the next few weeks. United's going to be a dodgy game by the looks of it, but I would think that things will have started to settle down by the time the CL starts.

Saying that, MP does need to sort out the obvious issues quickly. I know it's still early in the season, but we can't afford to fall too far behind.

agree with all you say about having to bed in etc.

now can you explain why we've been outplayed by two teams that a year ago were in the championship?
then tell me why the need to bed in stops players of the stature of yaya toure continually pass the ball to a team mate.?

or a Brazilian footballer run round like a headless chicken?

a englands best keeper completely miss a cross right under his bar?

cos I can't see what the fuck that has got to do with bedding in.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
God that was dreadful to watch. Painful.

How can a side that played so well against Newcastle perform so poorly today?

We were very fortunate not to go a goal behind and the scoreline flattered us.

On the plus side, the goals were good and the defence just about managed a clean sheet.

Dzeko back to his worst and Fernandinho in the first half looked a £3m player not £30m!

Good performance from Negredo but average from most others and poor from one or two.

3 points the best thing about the day!

Great that someone finally noticed that about Dzeko !!

I personally can't wait for Aguero to start playing again and dribble past 3-4 defenders like he always does .. Oh wait....

rastus said:
Kolarov much better than lightweight Clichy, well done Pellers in that change.
I would hope for a couple of signings and another 6 games to gel and we are ready to go.
One of the best moments in the game was 2nd half at 1-0, when Kolarov made a goal-saving tackle in the penalty area. I bet his many critics will ignore that. Can't defend? That tackle was every bit as important as Negredo's goal.

blue b4 the moon said:
Very poor for the most part very little improvement on the Cardiff game.

Our Brazilian midfielder looks as good as Garcia last season at the moment, Yaya lazy as fuck, Kolarov couldn't pass, Dzeko has the touch of a midwife, Lescott looked for the most part like he was scared of the ball...is it that had to play on the 'wrong side' of the pitch? They were the worst offenders but nobody had a great game.

I'd let Nasti off as from his movement he didn't look fully fit and was rushed back in cos Garcia is awful and the all the subs did well when they came on.

All that being said this is exactly what the rags do every season early doors and 3 points are 3 points. I just hope that something clicks otherwise we'll be a cup team this season at best.
My girlfriend's a midwife and her touch is sublime btw. Can't disagree with this or anything else on this thread but carry on like this and we will be playing Europa League next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.