Hull City post match thread

deafmanstevo said:
samharris said:
daveglum said:
united would have won 10-0 against a poor hull team

I read some shite first posts but thats just a cut above all of em.

Hull were not poor today, they surprised me, whilst i thought we would win , i thought it would have been a lot easier, they along with Cardiff i think will stay up it they continue to play like they have done.

If I remember correctly,Chelseas first home game was to a not too good Hull, chelsea played them off the park and won 2-0.

We win 2-0 at home to a good Hull by playing shite and its all gone flappy..

lets have some perspective here chaps and chapettes..

I presume this is how Pelegrini is going to set up his side no matter who is playing?! I worry against top sides who defend well who will blunt us and attack with pace on the Wing or through the middle, its all well and good being a great attacking side but if you can't defend you win Zip..

Revolver said:
Sam. said:
Revolver said:
I am no expert but I don't think we are seeing the high pressing quick energetic style of play we were expecting.

We're three games in. It's going to take time for the players to adjust.

Fair point. Hope you are right.

We don't have time though. With Mourinho at Chelsea now, Spurs signing players like Chadli, Capoue and Paulino, United looking like keeping Shrek and in for de Rossi and/or other midfielders, Liverpool starting to look decent;

this is going to be the toughest, most competitive season ever in the history of the PL, IMHO.

If were to get 9 or 12 points behind after a couple or so more losses whilst we are "learning", it's going to be difficult or nigh on impossible to claw it back.

samharris said:
daveglum said:
united would have won 10-0 against a poor hull team

Hull were not poor today, they surprised me, whilst i thought we would win , i thought it would have been a lot easier, they along with Cardiff i think will stay up it they continue to play like they have done.

I will start to worry if we perform like that all season, we are in an "adjustment Phase" as I see it yes the first half was dreadful but on reflection the 2nd half was much better. It's going to take time for Pellegrini to get to grips with his players and the Prem

Relax

BillyShears said:
cibaman said:
The Yaya/Fernandhino combination has much greater potential than any other but will take more time to develop.

I said it a bit earlier in the thread ... I think early doors especially those two will need one of the centre halves to step out of defence and close down the space they leave. It's why we looked so good against Newcastle, because Vinny was doing that. Our second goal was the perfect example how effective that can be.

If our whole season depends on Vinny's fitness then we are fucked- we maintained our fluidity and style of play with clean sheets last season without him

Very worrying how much we have capitulated Billy, not what I was expecting off Pellagrini at all, and Aguero has been anonymous in every game, Clichy,Yaya,Zabaleta all look poor.

Ducado said:
I will start to worry if we perform like that all season, we are in an "adjustment Phase" as I see it yes the first half was dreadful but on reflection the 2nd half was much better. It's going to take time for Pellegrini to get to grips with his players and the Prem

Relax
Everton found out today just how awkward cardiff are.. we may have lost but we did score twice!!

3 points is all that really matters and no injuries , as far as the performance goes it wasen´t very good was it?
A bit worrying that we look a different team without Vinny, Lescott in particular looks lost without him. I know he played on the right hand side of the defence but as one of our most experienced player he should be leading the way.

Yaya showed once again that he´s not captain material, why Zabba isen´t captain I don´t know. He scored a lovely goal (again) but as a defensive MF I feel he dosen´t protect the back 4 well it happened today and against Cardiff. Maybe MP should consider playing him higher up the pitch where he does most damage.

Positives: Negredo, took his goal well and brought energy to the team, thought he really changed the game when he got on. We are blessed in that department of having strikers that can change the game, we saw evidence of that last season with Dzeko coming of the bench.
I though Silva was the pick of a bad bunch worked hard and tried to make things happen.
Clean sheet another postive and will keep the Media of Joe´s back. I was a bit disapointed not to see Rodwell feature or atleast be on the bench, he looked fit on the Inside City episode, probably bc Garcia can play at CB he was picked ahead of him.

samharris said:
deafmanstevo said:
samharris said:

If I remember correctly,Chelseas first home game was to a not too good Hull, chelsea played them off the park and won 2-0.

We win 2-0 at home to a good Hull by playing shite and its all gone flappy..

lets have some perspective here chaps and chapettes..
That was shambolic, but Billy assured us we would see anything like that again after Cardiff. Still 3 points.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.