Hull City post match thread

Rovertiger said:
Hey, come on fellas. You wasn't expecting a performance like that from us. I may be biased but I think we played better than Cardiff against ya. We are only little 'Ull, we don't have the resources your club have and probably never will have. But please give credit where's it's due. I've seen maybe 3/4 posts on here saying how well we played. If we'd have been playing a team in our small league in the Prem, we'd have played them off the park. 1-0 would've been acceptable but I don't think 2-0 was the true result. We know we're not gonna be World beaters but a bit of respect would be nice.

Hope your season goes well for ya :)

Never fucking use "Ya" - first lesson

Second lesson, you are correct sir

LoveCity said:
The league seems to be getting harder or maybe I'm just making an excuse for us. But Hull and Cardiff both had very active and difficult midfields that we struggled with. Two years ago we would have battered both sides because they would have had weaker teams... it's probably the increased TV rights allowing them to buy players like Huddlestone and Medel.

Don't discount the new season bounce for many newly promoted teams, some tend to really play up for the first half of the season (remember Blackpool and Burnley for example) but run out of steam later on

We need a back up centre half quickly. He's not the best but we should never have gotten rid of Kolo Toure. Him and Nastasic would've been a decent pairing in a game like today. Playing two left footed centre backs one who is so uncomfortable with the ball is just asking for trouble.

ban-mcfc said:
some absolute flappers on here.

shut the fuck up moaning.

city won, get it? WON and 2 fucking 0.

new manager - new style, it's going to take time. just be patient.

Spot on mate.

FFS, can you ever remember a team managed by Elephant Man doing anything at our place other than packing the midfield and hoping to hold on to what they started with? Usually results in 10 men behind the ball, and we have to find a way through it or round it.

Can usually take the negative posts on here with a pinch of salt, but you whining, TV-watching arseholes need to fuck off to Lidl with the missus on match days.

What ive noticed from both home games is tha we do t seem to exploit Navas' pace at all. I the first half today he was getting net to no service on the right, then switched to the left for 5/7 mins and we then started ignoring him on the left and switched it to the right.

3 points is 3 points, but we need to get out of this mindset that we have to pass pass pass all te time. So many times the pitch opened up for someone and instead of drivin into the space we passed I early.

Yaya was ineffective today going forward, would like to see him in "the 3" soon......

The Hull defense was impressive, very organized and tight when City got forward. Wasn't as impressed by the attack, there was a lot of waste. The chances that came were half due to our defensive ineptitude and even then they weren't taken clinically. Reckon they'll stay up though.

Marvin said:
nehe11 said:
3 points is all that really matters and no injuries , as far as the performance goes it wasen´t very good was it?
A bit worrying that we look a different team without Vinny, Lescott in particular looks lost without him. I know he played on the right hand side of the defence but as one of our most experienced player he should be leading the way.

Yaya showed once again that he´s not captain material, why Zabba isen´t captain I don´t know. He scored a lovely goal (again) but as a defensive MF I feel he dosen´t protect the back 4 well it happened today and against Cardiff. Maybe MP should consider playing him higher up the pitch where he does most damage.

Positives: Negredo, took his goal well and brought energy to the team, thought he really changed the game when he got on. We are blessed in that department of having strikers that can change the game, we saw evidence of that last season with Dzeko coming of the bench.
I though Silva was the pick of a bad bunch worked hard and tried to make things happen.
Clean sheet another postive and will keep the Media of Joe´s back. I was a bit disapointed not to see Rodwell feature or atleast be on the bench, he looked fit on the Inside City episode, probably bc Garcia can play at CB he was picked ahead of him.
Play like that we'll fall to pieces by Christmas.
We wont play as bad as we did tonight and we did win, albeit a bit lucky. Still 3 points is 3 points.

Despite the glorious chance squandered, which I'm extremely grateful he missed, Aluko impressed me.

Ducado said:
I will start to worry if we perform like that all season, we are in an "adjustment Phase" as I see it yes the first half was dreadful but on reflection the 2nd half was much better. It's going to take time for Pellegrini to get to grips with his players and the Prem

Relax
"It's going to take time" , but you don't get time in the Prem. We've spent £90M early and had a long pre season and that's enough. Did you actually go to the game? We were garbage individually and collectively. Get real.

System didn't work today. We pressed, but when there are only 2 central midfield players, it is very easy to get around them and take them out of the game completely. Neither Yaya or Fernandinho are strictly defensive minded, both box to box and with nobody being as disciplined, Aluko had a field day picking up the ball inbetween the lines. A problem last year is that we were too narrow and that was a bit of the case again today. Silva comes inside and Navas is doing the same and that puzzles me. We'd see much better from Navas if he sticks wide and hugs the touch line, but instead he ran everywhere. I think we still need to perfect what we're trying to do, but given time, I'm sure we'll be fine. I still think Pelle is trying to figure out his best team, particularly in the forward areas. Dzeko didn't even touch the ball which surprised me considering his confidence, and Aguero didn't particularly impress either. Negredo for me has now warranted his place in the team, whether that be at the expense of Aguero or Dzeko. He puts himself about, good on the floor and provides a much more prominent aerial threat. I really like him as a player and you can tell in this team, he will be a consistent goal scorer. It's still early, and things are taking shape, but we won and that's the most important thing. Newcastle was just a taster of what we can do, and when everyone is back fit and firing, we could show that form consistently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.