Hull City post match thread

Tony Adcock said:
Maybe it was just me....but I thought Kolarov was terrible.

Constantly trying cross field passes that were the wrong option and badly executed. Plus not tracking his man very well either.

Offered nothing going forwards and hardly rock solid in defence.

Sorry, but he's not good enough for this level

BLUFF

His long passes were poor quality but defensively he had one of the best games he's had since he joined.
Timed his tackles well and jockeyed his man wide when he needed to.
As was even noted by his South Stand fan club.

lmjones1uk said:
Tony Adcock said:

Constantly trying cross field passes that were the wrong option and badly executed. Plus not tracking his man very well either.

It is just you.

There were at least 8 players who player worse than Kolarov.

I'm not his biggest fan but he stopped a goal, nearly scored a goal and was solid in defence.

I agree with the response. He didn't contribute offensively as much as he usually does, but nobody else did either (except Negredo). But he didn't do anything wrong defensively, plus that last ditch tackle was world class. I am pretty sure he will start again vs. Stoke and that would be a right decision for MP.

Braggster said:
Overall we were very, very poor and some aspects of our performance were genuinely terrifying:

1) Our defence, without Kompany, looks very uncertain and indecisive

2) The balance in midfield isn't working and Hull could frequently find space simply by Aluko dropping off. That area should be covered by one of our central midfielders, but wasn't

2) We don't look a cohesive unit whether on or off the ball

3) I'm worried we won't get enough end product from Navas

4) Silva is in poor form and leaves the left back very, very exposed

5) Teams that are well organised at the back and reasonably confident on the counter attack appear to reduce us to gibbering wrecks. It's like watching a Mancini side with all the negative factors magnified 10x

However, of course there are mitigating factors, not least that Pellegrini has not had long at all to implement his ideas. Also, Negredo looks a fantastic acquisition and will score many, many goals. He should be the number 1 striker on the evidence so far (yes, ahead of Kun). And added to that, Pellegrini is prepared to yank the big names if they're not performing (Silva, Aguero). Nasri should start instead of Silva in our next match, IMO.

At least we won, and I'm sure we'll improve, but by God we need to!

This is just about spot one. I would only question point number 3. Didn't think Navas was MoM but we will see some
great stuff from him.

hullfan said:
davymcfc said:
I thought we were sluggish but looked more solid in the second half. Fernandinho was an absolute beast after half time. Two really good goals, negredo is a proper goal poacher and yaya with another sublime free kick.

Hull were absolutely brilliant. They were patient, strong and they played some really fluid football. They didn't deserve to lose today and if they play like that every week they should be fine. Really well played hull!

Cheers. I came on here before and said whilst of course you're favourites don't expect an easy game, and you didn't get one. Personally, I felt we probably should've/could've led at half-time, and the first goal was always going to be crucial. I saw a lot of the talk on here was of 5-0, 6-0's and us parking the bus which I believe were all uneducated views. We had to defend for long spells but away at a top side, that's nothing unusual, we certainly had spells of our own. All in all, Negredo did well to just peel of the back of Chezzy and finished it well, but it's fine margins, I don't think anyone could have said we were lucky had we got a draw. Think teams might start to give us more respect now, it's clear for all to see we have a strong defence, a midfield who can move the ball well and had we a more clinical striker I don't even think we'd be relegation candidates. Well done today and whilst I'm a little disappointed I have to be happy with the performance, just wish we had someone to bury these chances.

One other point of note, is the Etihad usually that quiet? I don't mean to be harsh but that was one of the worst atmosphere's generated by the home side I've ever experienced, up there with the Emirates and the Ricoh Arena, even when you were winning you barely made any noise, seemed a bit strange as I'd always thought of Man City fans as fairly decent.

Anyway, congratulations on your win and hope the 6-0 brigade realise we're no pushovers, see you at the KC in March, hopefully we'll have a striker by then.

You should have been in the lead at half time.

Re atmosphere it's been like that for a while and no disrespect back we are playing the Tigers(sorry)

Unless we play a "perceived" same level club e.g spuds arse chavs Napoli etc etc then it is a little subdued as we expect.

Good performance from you tigers today though impressed

absolute shocking today, im still waiting to see this ''exciting attacking football'' pellegrini was going on about... like people are saying its gonna take time, but you dont have time in this league, we have spent around 90m this season, a pre season together, we should be doing better, fernandinho ? 30m? seriously, cant tackle, cant pass, ill give him time but for 30m id expext him to be playing better than he is right now, negredo should be starting ahead of dzeko but we have to improve quickly, dreading stoke away and the derby! but if pellegrini sorts it out then we should be hopefully fine

lmjones1uk said:
Tony Adcock said:

It is just you.

There were at least 8 players who player worse than Kolarov.

I'm not his biggest fan but he stopped a goal, nearly scored a goal and was solid in defence.

No, it isn't just him. Kolarov was wank bar the one great challenge in the second half. Don't think he passed to a blue shirt all afternoon.

The cookie monster said:
taconinja said:
summerseat blue said:
we have not played this bad at home for 2 seasons .It was dire.
We were worse last match of the past season.
That was a meaningless match
And tbh there wasn't much in that & today's performance

3 points is what mattered anyway.
Our second half today was much better. You're right about the first half though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.