Hull City post match thread

Okay I have to admit I don't put much into who is captain. It might be that I'm not English.

OB1 said:
Stoned Rose said:
East Level 2 said:
So how come we missed him and he ended up in Hull? Or perhaps we've never had a manager who rated him; why?
Or could it be that he'd walk into our poorly performing side (today and last Sunday) but wouldn't have a chance the rest of the time?

I said squad not side.

He is better much than Garcia who currently occupies a place in our squad. Therefore he would walk into our squad.

Best player on the pitch today by the way.

Huddlestone had a pass completion of 76% and created on chance. Stunning!
Same pass completion rate as Silva.

Doesn't disguise the fact he bossed the midfield.

Have you got any stats to how many second balls he won or how many times he beat our man to the ball, how many interceptions he made or tackles? He was the best player in the pitch today.

He was the best player on the pitch against us a few years back against Spurs when they dicked us 0-0.

What impressed me about Pellegrini against Newcastle was that the style of play made it clear that he thought he had the best squad in the PL. We were a better team so he made them play a style of football that was designed to show our players were better. We lost the ball, we won it back. We had a player in our way, we beat him. The full back was fast, Navas showed he was faster. Now, I don't want to decry Hull, who were very good, and many of their players, who were a credit to their club, but where had the positive, aggressive attitude of ours gone? We were hesitant, we pressed five yards too late, we never ran the ball at them. Only when Negredo came on did anyone of ours attack the space, arriving in the box determined to get the ball first. The sense of purpose which had been such an exhilerating part of our play against the geordies had vanished against Cardiff in Wales,and hadn't come back against Hull at home. We need it again, and quick.

Ducado said:
The problem was the defence and the high line going forward we are not too bad
We put the odd move together, but for once we were unable to maintain any sustained spell of possession in midfield

How long until we concede a goal from the ridiculous way we defend some free-kicks? I refer to the way we line up on the edge of the penalty area, and invite the free-kick taker to stick in the space between keeper and the back line. I've seen us do that at Cardiff s well, so it's a deliberate tactic. Bewildering that a so-called top coach should instruct his team to defend like that.

played poorly and got 3 points

now we wait to see if that is a habit and cardiff was just a one off

Eccles Blue said:
Give Steve Bruce his due he has just said in his postmatch interview on MOTD that we are 'one of the best teams in Europe'
?
You give a manager his due because he bigs up a team he could easily have won against? The positives today were Negredo, Hart and Kolarov, with the latter looking like a proper defender in the second half - I was taken aback.

If someone was trying to predict the score just by reading these threads one would think we had lost. A win is a win. Not the best showing by the midfield. It's three games into the season, I think we'll be ok.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.