Hull City post match thread

Stoned Rose said:
OB1 said:
Stoned Rose said:
I'm all ears, educate me as to how he bossed midfield: it clearly wasn't because they had more of the ball or because they created more chances.

We had 'more of the ball' (we do more often than not) because we play so many little sideways passes between the back 4 and the back 4 and the sitting midfielder.

Means nothing.

In terms of them 'creating less chances' than us - do you have any official stats you could post please? I'd be interested to 1) see them and 2) see how 'chances' are defined.

The stats say that we had 12 goal attempts and they had 7. Also stats credit them with 3 key passes and City with 11.

Lovely but a pointless statistic that doesn't support your original point.

'Goal attempts' are not necessarily 'chances to score'. I could shoot from the halfway line and it would be a 'goal attempt', but hardly a 'chance to score'.

Also lets's say even if your statistics were theoretically actual 'chances to score', it still doesn't prove your original point.

Hull could have had 7 chances to score but Huddlestone was involved in none of them. On the other hand they could have had 4 and he created them all. Whether a player was involved in creating that chance to score is not detailed by the statistic.

Your numbers are nothing but numbers. They don't prove a thing.

Then why ask for them?!

Just watching Liverpool now and their midfield would've caused us a hell of a lot more trouble yesterday.

Not convinced we can win the league yet. Our strength under Mancini was controlling the game from the midfield and often our downfall would be not taking/creating chances against lesser teams. Now, our midfield looks incredibly vulnerable.

I know we're only 3 games in but I do think everyone is expecting more and I just hope the manager recognises how crucial a role Gareth Barry had. Not neccessarily Barry himself (given his wage and age etc, I can understand him going) but his role was vital. Rodwell/Milner can do it. Not Garcia.

n_mcfc said:
Just watching Liverpool now and their midfield would've caused us a hell of a lot more trouble yesterday.

Not convinced we can win the league yet. Our strength under Mancini was controlling the game from the midfield and often our downfall would be not taking/creating chances against lesser teams. Now, our midfield looks incredibly vulnerable.

I know we're only 3 games in but I do think everyone is expecting more and I just hope the manager recognises how crucial a role Gareth Barry had. Not neccessarily Barry himself (given his wage and age etc, I can understand him going) but his role was vital. Rodwell/Milner can do it. Not Garcia.
It's been said a few times different set ups for different teams

Couldn't keep the ball at all in the first half. If we play like that this season we will lose a lot of games. Better second half but a shambles on the whole. Need to adapt, fast

My money's on Chelsea this season. I think that Mourinho has got the know-how that Pellegrini and Moyes lack about winning the prem

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Stoned Rose said:
OB1 said:
The stats say that we had 12 goal attempts and they had 7. Also stats credit them with 3 key passes and City with 11.

Lovely but a pointless statistic that doesn't support your original point.

'Goal attempts' are not necessarily 'chances to score'. I could shoot from the halfway line and it would be a 'goal attempt', but hardly a 'chance to score'.

Also lets's say even if your statistics were theoretically actual 'chances to score', it still doesn't prove your original point.

Hull could have had 7 chances to score but Huddlestone was involved in none of them. On the other hand they could have had 4 and he created them all. Whether a player was involved in creating that chance to score is not detailed by the statistic.

Your numbers are nothing but numbers. They don't prove a thing.

Then why ask for them?!

Indeed.

And and sadly all I've heard to support Stoned Rose's contention was that I don't read the game very well. I asked to be educated, I asked some questions and got sod all of use back so this discussion is over.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Couldn't keep the ball at all in the first half. If we play like that this season we will lose a lot of games. Better second half but a shambles on the whole. Need to adapt, fast

My money's on Chelsea this season. I think that Mourinho has got the know-how that Pellegrini and Moyes lack about winning the prem

I agree about the first half, but all teams will have that happen to them once or twice a season, the 2nd half was much more like it in every way

Ducado said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

I agree about the first half, but all teams will have that happen to them once or twice a season, the 2nd half was much more like it in every way
As I've stated elsewhere, I fully believe the first half was overreaction to Cardiff, and the manager adjusted well at the half. At Cardiff, we had incredible possession but didn't create chances. First half versus Hull, we tried to spread out for width but couldn't hold possession at all.

And the real key was bringing in a forward committed to pressing whereas the forward who went to the bench wasn't. Pellegrini's system appears to rely on having two forwards who constantly press.

When City had the chance to attack after winning the ball back at one point early in the second half I saw Pellers urging Yaya and Dinho to move forward with the attack. I was a bit shocked to see them not even breaking into a jog to push forward. Pellers just stood there hands on hips after seeing this and just retreated to the bench. Did anyone else see this? I couldn't believe it. It wasn't as if they had been chasing round trying to win the ball back, they didn't even look tired as in particular Yaya sometimes does after one of his runs.

Dribble said:
Bluemoon230989 said:

With gems like these it's no wonder you've not posted much in your 4 years here.[/q

So how many posts is it? Compared to yours?

So I don't post much on here. Thanks for explaining how it works. You post a lot, that means you're right. Thanks for that. Well done. I'll bear that in mind.

Like I originally posted, I can usually take the whinging, whining, moaning bellends with a pinch of salt.

But don't worry about it.
When I get my post count up to 100 I'll be able to start threads myself, won't I? Is that how it works? Then we can have a "Whiner of the Week", "Moaner of the Month" and "Biggest Total Fucking Prick Since Time Began" thread can't we?

By the way, you don't qualify for any of these. There's some fucking stiff competition on here.
I agree, and you are at the front of the queue in all categories. I'm sure you're just an agent provocateur for Lidl.

Now do us all a favour and fuck off back to your posting abscurity so we can all get back to discussing football you fucking prick.

Who rattled your cage Gladys?

Back to school next week, where you might learn to spell "obscurity."

But well done with "agent provocateur", is that your favourite site?

"No mam, don't come in! I'm only moaning in here 'cos City are so rubbish."<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:03 pm --<br /><br />
blueinsa said:
We won 2-0 and bagged the 3 points.

Cant defend some say but that's 2 clean sheets in 3!

Cant score some say but that's 8 goals in 3 games!

The level of football knowledge on here of late is frankly delving new depths and many would do well to realise that this is the real world and not some computer game!

Rant over.

Spot on.

EaglesFan said:
If Pellegrini has any balls or brains - Aguero is on the bench in the next game. Give Dzeko - Negredo a shot.

And that’s why I dislike Dzeko!

I honestly don't mind a bit fanboyism as everyone has a favourite BUT It's people like you in the extreme category of "a Dzeko fan", not a City fan. who doesn't give a fuck about City, just about making sure your hero plays every game and never gets criticised THAT really get on my nerves making it increasingly difficult for me to like him with this bloody stupid comments, even more so!

For those who just wonder and/or aren't happy with my username/silly comments I've made recently! The main obvious reason is that, quite frankly, I'm so sick and tired of the "Dzeko fanatics" turning to hero worship through the season seemingly endless defending him vehemently and blindly in the face of anything, arguing with anyone if their suggestions/opinions are ridiculed, it will come as such an insult/HATERS that they will demand to "Get off Edin's back" dishing out some ludicrously inappropriate remarks like the bold one above. SO I'm telling y'all bitchy bandwagon, I'm having none of that shite..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.