Hull City post match thread

OB1 said:
I don't think for one minute that Pellegrini underestimated any of our opponents. I do worry that some of our players have some sort of mental block or problem against these teams and I definitely think their confidence is fragile.

La Liga, by the way, is not full of dross. but the strength of its top two is out of proportion to most of the league.

I agree totally regarding your statement about the players confidence - it is extremely fragile and in NO way am I even thinking about blaming Mancini for that. To me that is just another cop out of an excuse for some of our players.
It's clear that Aguero's head is elsewhere he is shadow of we what we know he can be. It was also clear from the look on his face when he was subbed that he was less than pleased. I think he will be gone next season unfortunately.

Our players certainly don't seem to have that inner confidence and steel that other top players do. I'm also not sure having a 'Mr Nice Guy' as a manager is the answer either. All the same pretty worrying.

TGR said:
OB1 said:
I don't think for one minute that Pellegrini underestimated any of our opponents. I do worry that some of our players have some sort of mental block or problem against these teams and I definitely think their confidence is fragile.

La Liga, by the way, is not full of dross. but the strength of its top two is out of proportion to most of the league.

I agree totally regarding your statement about the players confidence - it is extremely fragile and in NO way am I even thinking about blaming Mancini for that. To me that is just another cop out of an excuse for some of our players.
It's clear that Aguero's head is elsewhere he is shadow of we what we know he can be. It was also clear from the look on his face when he was subbed that he was less than pleased. I think he will be gone next season unfortunately.

Our players certainly don't seem to have that inner confidence and steel that other top players do. I'm also not sure having a 'Mr Nice Guy' as a manager is the answer either. All the same pretty worrying.

It was refreshing to see Negredo tell the ref and his assistant that they had missed an obvious foul on him. We need to shed the "nice guys" and get a leader in midfield - ideally De Rossi but Fellaini could add a bit of steel in there.

I'm not talking about Yaya slamminibg the hall down behaviour but the sort of pressure that the Rags exert on officials.

Had hoped Kolarov would play and he did, and to be honest he played well in that game. That's not to say he's actually any good.
Clichy last game frustrated the shit out of me, and I'm happy to see him being rotated. The rest of the players need the same treatment.

Our midfield is a bit unbalanced at the moment.
My most memorable trait of Yaya is his hard accurate direct long passes, and he only made a hand full of them last game. I don't know why he's playing in a defensive role, it isn't suited to him. Barry and Milner are more suited to this, playing them will help ease his position up forward a little.
I'm not convinced fernandinho wants to play at CDM. He's more box to box, a role that would be suited with rotation to Yaya.
I don't like Barry, but I think his role is critical at the moment.

Yesterday I kept saying to myself, put people on who will graft to get a result, and pelly did which was nice. Negredo and Milner are great at these kind of games. I'm really digging Negredo I think he's fantastic.

blueinsa said:
Sitting 2nd in the league, 2 wins from 3, 6 points from 9, 2 clean sheets out of 3 and 8 goals scored.
2nd in the league? At best 3rd whatever happens at Klanfield and down to 4th unless Arse beat Spuds.
Or perhaps games in hand don't count.

hullfan said:
With regards to Huddlestone, in terms of technical ability he really is superb, wouldn't be surprised if an England call-up was imminent, although playing for a so-called 'unfashionable' club might hinder his chances. Posted on the pre-match thread but I'm glad some of you agree, compare him to someone like Milner who cost you a ludicrous amount by comparison, Thudd's got so much more natural ability.

Well done on the win but just interested on your thoughts as to who was the better side, us or Cardiff? I think we had the tougher job given you're a more difficult proposition at home and many expected us to receive the backlash of an unexpected defeat, just interested in your views. Cheers.
I think you were much better. Cardiff caught us making ridiculous, stupid errors on corners. You played a much smarter, committed game.

We have to remember that Bruce has been around the Prem for years, I don't rate him as a manager, but he knows the Prem very well

I will be honest when I say that even I under estimated Hull, they actually played very well, in fact they played well against Chelsea a few weeks back, they will be no push over for many teams

What the fuck has happened to Steve 'to be fair' Bruce. With that suit and tie on, and his busted hooter all he needed was a pint od Guiness and he could have been the father of the bride at a Gypsy wedding!!

Ducado said:
We have to remember that Bruce has been around the Prem for years, I don't rate him as a manager, but he knows the Prem very well

I will be honest when I say that even I under estimated Hull, they actually played very well, in fact they played well against Chelsea a few weeks back, they will be no push over for many teams
They also beat another club whilst down to 10 men didn't they? They may be this season's Southampton.

Edit: Swansea. Gah. It's early here. I meant Swansea, not Southampton.

OB1 said:
Stoned Rose said:
OB1 said:
I'm all ears, educate me as to how he bossed midfield: it clearly wasn't because they had more of the ball or because they created more chances.

-- Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:05 pm --

Scored twice as many as any other team at this moment.

I'm all ears, educate me as to how he bossed midfield: it clearly wasn't because they had more of the ball or because they created more chances.

We had 'more of the ball' (we do more often than not) because we play so many little sideways passes between the back 4 and the back 4 and the sitting midfielder.

Means nothing.

In terms of them 'creating less chances' than us - do you have any official stats you could post please? I'd be interested to 1) see them and 2) see how 'chances' are defined.

The stats say that we had 12 goal attempts and they had 7. Also stats credit them with 3 key passes and City with 11.

Lovely but a pointless statistic that doesn't support your original point.

'Goal attempts' are not necessarily 'chances to score'. I could shoot from the halfway line and it would be a 'goal attempt', but hardly a 'chance to score'.

Also lets's say even if your statistics were theoretically actual 'chances to score', it still doesn't prove your original point.

Hull could have had 7 chances to score but Huddlestone was involved in none of them. On the other hand they could have had 4 and he created them all. Whether a player was involved in creating that chance to score is not detailed by the statistic.

Your numbers are nothing but numbers. They don't prove a thing.

I have now put online pics and comments from the game against Hull
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.rtfract.com/citaug13a.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rtfract.com/citaug13a.htm</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.