Hull vs. City Pre Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
TGR said:
asplund2 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I'm not as wary about the level of intensity and required focus as I would previously be with a fixture like 'this'.

The only doubts can be with regards our stamina and getting that little bit of luck.

I think we will see something along the lines....we have to go with out strongest team from the start, and then make replacements after we have tried to establish the lead.

Hull 1 - City 3

....................Hart..................

Zab........Komps......Demichelis.........Clichy

Navas...............Yaya...........Fernandinho....

.................Nasri...............Silva..................

.......................Negredo.....................

This is the players I would like to start and also the players I think will start. I prefeer Demi before Lescott and now when Lescott also have a Barca game in his legs.

I'd have Lescott over Demi in any PL game at any time regardless of the opposition.
Demi needs to be 'rested' and pulled out of the firing line for his own good. If he fucks up again
then I really don't think there can be a way back for him.
He's our latest Stefan Savic.

Lescott won't play three games in six days.

No big surprises really but its nice to see our fully fit squad lasted all of a few days

Aguero out for us to two weeks

Richards 'has a problem' (yea he can't defend)

Nasty and Jovetic still out

Give me 11 Jimmy Milners any day :)

win at any cost...end of

hart

zaba
kompany
MDM
Kola

yaya
ferna

navas
silva
nasri

dzeko (judging on his barca performance and the way hull is playing)
plays better as the lone striker

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I'm not as wary about the level of intensity and required focus as I would previously be with a fixture like 'this'.

The only doubts can be with regards our stamina and getting that little bit of luck.

I think we will see something along the lines....we have to go with out strongest team from the start, and then make replacements after we have tried to establish the lead.

Hull 1 - City 3

As much as I hate to say it when Dzeko is the alternative, I just don't see how we can start with Negredo, especially on his own up front. He's so out of sorts it would be a huge gamble expecting him to suddenly turn his form round and if he doesn't put in an improved performance then it would more or less be like playing without a striker.

Lancet Fluke said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Hull 1 - City 3

As much as I hate to say it when Dzeko is the alternative, I just don't see how we can start with Negredo, especially on his own up front. He's so out of sorts it would be a huge gamble expecting him to suddenly turn his form round and if he doesn't put in an improved performance then it would more or less be like playing without a striker.

I'm forced to agree.

I would also be a bit more cautious with the team selection:

..........Garcia.........Fernandinho....

.........Nasri........Yaya.......Silva........

.......................Dzeko....................

I would go for a bit more solidity in midfield and a real focus on ball retention. We will have some tired players so let the ball do a lot of the work.

Whilst Pellegrini's preferred formation is not mine, I have been happy enough with it for most of the season but I do feel that now is the time for a little more pragmatism and focus on keeping clean sheets. If we can keep it clean in most games, we will almost always score at least one. I don't think we need any massive readjustments but all that matters now is winning, style can take a back seat for the run-in.

Pantillimon

Zabba - Kompany - Lescott - Kolarov

Milner - Silva - YaYa - Nasri

Dzeko - Negredo

4-4-2 We shouldn't be playing with 5 in the middle against Hull FFS.

Brendan110_0 said:
Pantillimon

Dzeko - Negredo

What a silly post. That's the kind of mentality that makes us lose against these 'lesser' teams such as Wigan

Brendan110_0 said:
Pantillimon

Dzeko - Negredo

We also shouldn't play with 10 as your lineup suggests...

TheProdigy2k9 said:
Brendan110_0 said:
Pantillimon

Dzeko - Negredo

What a silly post. That's the kind of mentality that makes us lose against these 'lesser' teams such as Wigan

The mentality of the team cost us the game against Wigan, the quality in the starting XI was by far enough to comfortably beat Wigan regardless of their form.

Just read somewhere we have not won against hull at their ground in 100 years? Got to be bull shit anybody know if true. If so then it going to be a record breaking weekend again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.