Hull vs. City Pre Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Chelsea's lead 9 points we need to ensure that we win at Hull, and keep winning until we have played our games in hand and close on Chelsea and anyone else.
Lose on Saturday and go 12 points behind Chelsea and that is the title over for us I believe, and we then have a battle to ensure a top 3 place, with Liverpool in such good form in particular, and a loss may even also give Spurs, Everton and even Man Utd a glimmer of catching us especially as we still have to play both Utd and Everton away.

Could the doomsday scenario occur where we lose at Arsenal, Liverpool, Utd and Everton (and maybe even Hull) and in fact get caught by one or more from Everton, Spurs or Utd ?

Will we we be hoping that Man Utd beat Liverpool on Sunday or of we win at Hull is that outcome not as important ?

We have not played well since Spurs away and with none of our strikers scoring since that day either and Aguero now possibly injured yet again, there is a slight worry that the season could end badly.

If we finished 5th would Pellegrini still be manager at the start of next season because we have won the League Cup ?

Where do you think we will finish now in the League ?

What do you think will be the outcomes of the remaining fixtures . My predictions as follows ?

Hull (A) - Draw - 1 pt
Fulham (H) - Win - 3 pts
Utd (A) - Draw - 1 pt
Arsenal (A) - Lose - 0 pts
Southampton (H) - Win 3 pts
Liverpool (A) - Lose - 0 pts
WBA (H) - Win - 3 pts
Crystal Place (A) - Win - 3 pts
Everton (A) - Lose - 0 pts
West Ham (H) - Win - 3 pts
and
Sunderland (H) - Win - 3 pts
Aston Villa (H) - Win - 3 pts

Thus 23 pts from last 36 pts to give us a total of 80 pts - Not enough to win the league but likely enough to finish 2nd or 3rd ?

Thoughts, predictions ?

Pigeonho said:
Can't wait for this.
3-0 Blues, Negredo getting back on the goal trail but the match belonging to Dzeko.
i agree and think this will be a perfect start to the rest of the season a good powerfull win sets us up perfectly.

just been on the mustard predictor website and i make it 83pts for the season , defeat at liverpool and draws at yooonited , voyeurs and scouse chip on shoulders , but if we can get anything more from these 4 games , 86 pts will win the premiership.

City1974 said:
With Chelsea's lead 9 points we need to ensure that we win at Hull, and keep winning until we have played our games in hand and close on Chelsea and anyone else.
Lose on Saturday and go 12 points behind Chelsea and that is the title over for us I believe, and we then have a battle to ensure a top 3 place, with Liverpool in such good form in particular, and a loss may even also give Spurs, Everton and even Man Utd a glimmer of catching us especially as we still have to play both Utd and Everton away.

Could the doomsday scenario occur where we lose at Arsenal, Liverpool, Utd and Everton (and maybe even Hull) and in fact get caught by one or more from Everton, Spurs or Utd ?

Will we we be hoping that Man Utd beat Liverpool on Sunday or of we win at Hull is that outcome not as important ?

We have not played well since Spurs away and with none of our strikers scoring since that day either and Aguero now possibly injured yet again, there is a slight worry that the season could end badly.

If we finished 5th would Pellegrini still be manager at the start of next season because we have won the League Cup ?

Where do you think we will finish now in the League ?

What do you think will be the outcomes of the remaining fixtures . My predictions as follows ?

Hull (A) - Draw - 1 pt
Fulham (H) - Win - 3 pts
Utd (A) - Draw - 1 pt
Arsenal (A) - Lose - 0 pts
Southampton (H) - Win 3 pts
Liverpool (A) - Lose - 0 pts
WBA (H) - Win - 3 PTAs
Crystal Place (A) - Win - 3 PTAs
Everton (A) - Lose - 0 pts
West Ham (H) - Win - 3 PTAs
and
Sunderland (H) - Win - 3 pts
Aston Villa (H) - Win - 3 pts

Thus 23 pts from last 36 pts to give us a total of 80 pts - Not enough to win the league but likely enough to finish 2nd or 3rd ?

Thoughts, predictions ?

Don't think we will lose 3 out of the 12. Arsenal are struggling so we could get at least a draw. I would say a better prediction would be 9 wins, 2 losses and 1 draw 28 pts couldn't say which though as at this time of year expect the unexpected. I also don't believe Chelsea will win all their games!

-----------------------Hart---------------------------

Zaba----------Vinnie------Demi------------Clichy

----------------Fernan----------Yaya-----------------

Navas-------------------Silva---------------Nasri

---------------------------Negredo--------------------

Win 0-1 or 3-5 doesnt matter....a win is a must,,,,,,,The team will be tired but we have to win

The players will put a shift in no doubt but when playing a tough European fixture midweek there will be less intensity in out play, plus Hulls intensity will be ten fold with there fans baying for blood! A tough tough game and I'll be surprise if we win

Simply put, from now on, each and every one of our 12 remaining fixtures are knock-out cup games.

If we manage to win all our games, we will top the league with a 93Pts tally, and it will be game/set and match for the league.
Considered the Chavs are likely to finish arround the 87~89 mark, and Liverpool/Arsenal arround 85~86 pts,
we may still be allowed to draw one and loose one, but anyway, 10 wins are a must if we still want to have our fate in our hands.

Will we see someone like Devante Cole or another youngster on the bench this weekend?

We have Dzeko, a misfiring Negredo and Jovetic and Aguero who are injured.

NoahCity said:
super_city_si said:
Same team but Dzeko for Aguero. Flog them now, no more rotation, best 11.
Not sure we can get away with that. A little rotation won't hurt. We can afford to rotate the fullbacks in and bring Navas for Milner and perhaps Garcia to give Yaya a little break and bring him on as a sub.
There should be no rotation. After what happened v Wigan I'd like to think we have learnt our lesson from taking teams lightly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.