Huw Edwards - 6 month suspended sentence (pg 107)

Very very few people have been locked up for posting something on social media (not enough in my opinion) - they had to do it as a way of making an example and preventing other cunts giving away locations of Mosques and hotels with migrants in them, escalating and encouraging others to literally burn and kill people. It worked.

As for Edwards I’d be more than happy for him to be locked up for life but just because he isn’t doesn’t excuse the vile cunts who were encouraging others to go and kill people.
Simple question, what is worse ?

A 6 month suspended sentence for being a child abuser!

It’s ridiculous. People have been locked up for years for doing less, why hasn’t he been locked up

Because sentencing guidelines aren’t based on one huge line with ‘very bad’ at one end and ‘fuck all’ at the other. With every crime placed somewhere in between.

Each crime or group of crimes has their own set of sentencing guidelines, set by government.

If the general opinion is that Edward’s crimes have been dealt with too leniently. Then that isn’t down to the magistrate. Or Keir Starmer, as some Tory and ex Tory MPs are now ridiculously claiming.

It’s because nobody in government over the years since those guidelines were set, has been of a frame of mind to try and change them.

Because sentencing guidelines aren’t based on one huge line with ‘very bad’ at one end and ‘fuck all’ at the other. With every crime placed somewhere in between.

Each crime or group of crimes has their own set of sentencing guidelines, set by government.

If the general opinion is that Edward’s crimes have been dealt with too leniently. Then that isn’t down to the magistrate. Or Keir Starmer, as some Tory and ex Tory MPs are now ridiculously claiming.

It’s because nobody in government over the years since those guidelines were set, has been of a frame of mind to try and change them.

Pretty much this. I haven’t seen a case that didn’t fit into the sentencing guidelines, be it Edwards or the ones for social media posting.

People can argue the guidelines aren’t right (I’d agree with a lot of cases), they are being consistently applied though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.