Huw Edwards - 6 month suspended sentence (pg 107)

But that's not true, as I pointed out in another post, the guidelines can have wide parameters, when a magistrate gives the lowest possible sentence they are at liberty to pass down, then it is totally down to weak magistrates. Perhaps the present government should change the guidelines and every offence have a mandatory MINIMUM sentence.
I can help them out with suitable suggestions. RAG supporter >>> MINIMUM sentence frontal lobotomy. that will do for a start!!

Bloody hell I have just realised what I have done.. I imagine the suggested sentence can be likened to inciting violence. Can I just point out I am in no way asking anyone, on here who have, just read here, stumbled upon this post via a search engine etc to lobotomise a scum supporter, I will happily do that myself.

Just wanted to reiterate this before @BlueHammer85 and @kaz7 jump on me for being a worse individual than Edwards.

I quoted before about one who got sent down. It’s odd how public profile Edwards hadn’t been sent down.
It’s not a particularly favourable sentence for Edwards. It’s well within the precedents set around the country in similar cases.

Comparing it to the social media incitement is natural online, but the only real difference is there wasn’t a precedent set for that type of offence within a period of civil unrest.

most cases will fit into sentencing guidelines. But significantly those guidelines can be very wide. making an indecent image of a child max 10years. >>> outcome suspended sentence

inciting violence Max 7 years. >>>>outcome 4 years.

with a straight face tell me that those outcomes, whilst still within the "sentencing guidelines" , can even remotely be described as natural justice. and one offender has been treated far FAR more severely than the other.

You’re just looking at the overarching guidelines there though, there’s then criteria that break that down. If you take Edwards, he’s clearly on the lower scale of the criteria for that particular guideline.

Like I said, I’m not agreeing with the sentence or the guidelines, just saying they’re being consistently applied as to how they’re currently written.

It’s not a particularly favourable sentence for Edwards. It’s well within the precedents set around the country in similar cases.

Comparing it to the social media incitement is natural online, but the only real difference is there wasn’t a precedent set for that type of offence within a period of civil unrest.
He should be sent down for life. It’s that simple.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.