Hyde Road Stadium

At the risk of unleashing a torch wielding mob, those dark blue socks look brilliant with the sky blue shirts! The shorts are the complete antithesis of the short shorts of the 80s, thankfully.
They are City’s true colours:

Sky shirts
White shorts
Navy socks

We should never have diverted from that and it annoys me that we ever did.

One of the only things I admire about United is that they nearly always stick with their red shirts, white shorts and black socks combo (although strangely not in Europe where they wear white socks and it doesn’t look anywhere near as good).

I love the contrast of the Sky shirts and navy socks. Always thought it looks ‘proper City’!

The site on the left of the train heading south out of picadilly on the main line to Stockport.

When I panned the camera on the bridge, 10/12 seconds in you can see how close to the new ground it is.

Nothing in the site now suggests there is anything left of the original stands. Not that clear from the vid but I go past a few times a week on the train.

The only thing I’d imagine might still be there are the odd discarded coins or beer bottles from matches back then that might have been dug up.

Sky shirts
White shorts
Navy socks

One of the only things I admire about United is that they nearly always stick with their red shirts, white shorts and black socks combo (although strangely not in Europe where they wear white socks and it doesn’t look anywhere near as good).

I love the contrast of the Sky shirts and navy socks. Always thought it looks ‘proper City’!
The scum wore red socks

Sky shirts
White shorts
Navy socks

How can you say navy socks look proper City when no blue alive remembers them. It's because haven't worn navy socks for over 120 years!

Am I imagining this, or weren't some of the very early games in the burgeoning football league, i.e. in the 1860s and 70s, played wearing caps? Or was that just for team photos?
I think some of the keepers wore caps which makes sense but I dont think any of the outfield players did? mind you it seems Billy Meredith ran around with a toothpick in his mouth & I am sure my grandad told me one of citys keepers wore glasses years ago!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.