I bet Nu Liebour do jack s**t about this...

ElanJo said:
blueinsa said:
*bump*

I guess they have done!

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Wootton-Bassett-Government-To-Ban-Radical-Islamist-Group-Al-Muhajiroun-And-Others/Article/201001215519644?lpos=UK_News_Carousel_Region_2&lid=ARTICLE_15519644_Wootton_Bassett%3A_Government_To_Ban_Radical_Islamist_Group_Al_Muhajiroun_And_Others" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-New ... And_Others</a>

About time as well!

It's never "about time" to outlaw freedom of speech, you twat.

How about time to enforce the law of the land that states quite clearly the support of terrorism and the preaching of extremist religious views along with views that could incite violence is a criminal act and any groups that do so will be outlawed?

Less of the personal abuse, this board does not give you the right to say what you want, especially when it's personally abusing another poster.

blueinsa said:
ElanJo said:

How about time to enforce the law of the land that states quite clearly the support of terrorism and the preaching of extremist religious views along with views that could incite violence is a criminal act and any groups that do so will be outlawed?

Less of the personal abuse, this board does not give you the right to say what you want, especially when it's personally abusing another poster.

Laws are irrelevant. You're either for freedom of speech or against it. There's no inbetween. You can't have some freedom of speech otherwise you don't have freedom of speech. I think if someone is against freedom of speech then they are a twat just as you think that those preaching extremist religious views are scum (something that I actually agree with you on).
Perhaps I should have said "anyone who wants to outlaw freedom of speech is a twat" but that would still include you.

ElanJo said:
blueinsa said:

Laws are irrelevant. You're either for freedom of speech or against it. There's no inbetween. You can't have some freedom of speech otherwise you don't have freedom of speech. I think if someone is against freedom of speech then they are a twat just as you think that those preaching extremist religious views are scum (something that I actually agree with you on).
Perhaps I should have said "anyone who wants to outlaw freedom of speech is a twat" but that would still include you.

The law is irrelevant?

I take it you wouldnt mind murderer's and peodo's marching through the streets, demanding their rights to snuff out lives then? You need to engage your brain fella before talking bollox.

20 odd pages of hysterical nonsense because some nutter said he might organise a demo.

Now that islam4uk has been deemed an illegal organisation you can all sleep safely tonight eh?

blueinsa said:
ElanJo said:

The law is irrelevant?

I take it you wouldnt mind murderer's and peodo's marching through the streets, demanding their rights to snuff out lives then? You need to engage your brain fella before talking bollox.

Saying we need to "enforce the law of the land" is not an argument. Just because something is a law does not make it good.

The bold part of your post is a complete straw man. How you can then turn around and tell me to "engage your brain before talking bollox" is fooking hilarious.

blueinsa said:
ElanJo said:

How do you define terrorism or terrorist though?

one man's 'terrorist' is another man's 'freedom fighter' (not saying that's what I think these lot are)

so do we take 'terrorist' as meaning any group that isn't the standing army of a recognised state doing military or paramiliatary actions? well sometimes it's bloody justified to be honest - people fighting against foreign occupation in much the same way as you would probably feel like doing for example.

ElanJo said:
blueinsa said:
*bump*

I guess they have done!

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Wootton-Bassett-Government-To-Ban-Radical-Islamist-Group-Al-Muhajiroun-And-Others/Article/201001215519644?lpos=UK_News_Carousel_Region_2&lid=ARTICLE_15519644_Wootton_Bassett%3A_Government_To_Ban_Radical_Islamist_Group_Al_Muhajiroun_And_Others" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-New ... And_Others</a>

About time as well!

Free Speech? This is not free speech... this is incitement, think about the name islam4UK .........
They also support terrorism against our people. Of course the time is right.... same as it was when the PIRA were banned and Sinn Fein silenced... or do you think that was wrong?

Why did you feel the need to call him a twat for this post?

levets said:
ElanJo said:

Free Speech? This is not free speech... this is incitement, think about the name islam4UK .........
They also support terrorism against our people. Of course the time is right.... same as it was when the PIRA were banned and Sinn Fein silenced... or do you think that was wrong?

He is yet another one of the posters on this site of late that preeches free speech yet is totally intolerant to others when they excersise their right to it.

Ironic really!

Thanks for backing my point that this is not free speech, it is unlawful incitement and outright support of terrorism and as such, it should not be allowed and this and like minded groups should be banned.

levets said:
ElanJo said:

The name Islam4UK is not incite-full. It's their right in a democratic country to want Sharia etc. If someone wanted a tyrannical dictatorship it is their right in a free country to push, or protest, for one. Those of us who believe in freedom have an obligation to ourselves to push against it - but not through force as that would be self defeating.

I think all restriction of speech is wrong. Other countries have better judgement on this. People should be able to deny the holocaust or picket soldier funerals with "Soldiers are fags" or "God hates the UK/US" etc. Derision and showing how stupid these people are is the way in which things should be treated in a free country.

I call him a twat just as I call holocaust deniers and the Phelps family twats, I think they are twats (for different reasons admittedly). I'm not forcing him to not be a twat, so what's the problem? (other than breaking BM rules , of course - but then I admitted I should have said it differently)

blueinsa said:
levets said:

He is yet another one of the posters on this site of late that preeches free speech yet is totally intolerant to others when they excersise their right to it.

Ironic really!

Thanks for backing my point that this is not free speech, it is unlawful incitement and outright support of terrorism and as such, it should not be allowed and this and like minded groups should be banned.

You have a basic problem with language and/or simple logic. I'm not impeding on your free speech by insulting you. To be for free speech doesn't mean that I keep quiet when someone says something that (i think) is wrong or immoral. It is not ironic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.