I cannot believe that LIVERPOOL is not sold out for City

Re: I can't believe it ain't sold out yet

dont know what all the fuss was about,
got my Liverpool ticket today from the box office outside the stadium
but fuckin £46.00
robbin scouse twats!<br /><br />-- Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:26 pm --<br /><br />
frothy said:
prestwichblue92 said:
I'll be there + 1, i'm a poor, debt ridden student but it's one of my favourite away days. I personally don't mind if there's only 1500 of us as I'm sure we will make enough noise ourselves!!

Who else is getting the train from Manchester and what time?
we are getting the train round about 1.30 -2.30 think the last one back is about 10.30

Mind if i join your group?

I can see both sides of the argument ref people finding it hard to find the cash for games. I am fortunate and can afford it and am going to Anfield. What surprises me is that other clubs e.g. Everton have a similar fan base to City in terms of demongraphics and class etc.... they always seem to sell out no matter who they are playing etc... So why not City. I go to almost every away game and you still see the same faces that have gone since time began. I think going to away games is a bit of a habbit. We need younger supporters to get the same bug as the old farts like me that missing away games it as bad a missing a home game. I accept that if you have not got the cash its impossible but the across our fan base you would have thought 3,000 tickets could be snapped up easy.

Discuss !

Blackcrowes said:
I can see both sides of the argument ref people finding it hard to find the cash for games. I am fortunate and can afford it and am going to Anfield. What surprises me is that other clubs e.g. Everton have a similar fan base to City in terms of demongraphics and class etc.... they always seem to sell out no matter who they are playing etc... So why not City. I go to almost every away game and you still see the same faces that have gone since time began. I think going to away games is a bit of a habbit. We need younger supporters to get the same bug as the old farts like me that missing away games it as bad a missing a home game. I accept that if you have not got the cash its impossible but the across our fan base you would have thought 3,000 tickets could be snapped up easy.

Discuss !

i agree with ya mate but with wembley round the corner, £46.00 is abit pricey
i live in Telford, and have to get the train everywhere.

like im booking into a travelodge in machester for the liverpool game and going home on the tuesday
so this hits the bank quite hard!

but i just cant miss City v LIverpool ^_^

I got the bug at 14 mate, this is still very expensive considering we're heading to london the week after, i wont even talk about £46 a ticket. I said this before, if the usual people do not go, then there isnt anyone to take their place.
United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool all fill their allocations because they have fans from all over the country in big numbers, and will replace those hardcore fans.
Not saying we don't have fans outside of manchester, but we certainly aren't as popular elsewhere..yet

For anyone who misses out on a wembley ticket, isnt this the next best option? I firmly believe we win this and we finish top four. It's a huge game now and Liverpool may already be thinking of their summer holidays.

frothy said:
we are getting the train round about 1.30 -2.30 think the last one back is about 10.30
Last train out of Lime Street to Piccadilly is at 23.38. No need to rush back from Anfield ;)

Randomer said:
frothy said:
Last train out of Lime Street to Piccadilly is at 23.38. No need to rush back from Anfield ;)

Yeah checked that last night as was unsure when it would be. How does everyone plan on getting back to the station, never done Anfield by train before.

Do we know how many are left as of this morning? I had flights booked for the game but when it was moved to a Saturday, that was me out of the equation. The monday night kick off is hard to accomodate with some blues, if it was a Saturday, I'd say we'd sell out easily enough.
On the wider point, I just think it's got to do with cost. You all know how hard up a lot of folk are at the moment and there's plenty of clubs not selling all their allocations. Take S'land for example last weekend, they've always taken big crowds but last week was the smallest followng I've seen them take to City in a long time.
Someone above mentioned ont seeing many youngsters at city, perhaps this is due to a lot of the younger generation going to the darkside becasue of their success over the last 20 years or so? Will this be a problem for the club going forward in terms of filling the ground or will a 'lost generation' make our crowds suffer?
It'd be horrible if our ground was to become full of day tripping tourists and that's coming from an out of town blue.

Telford_Blue_Hixxy said:
dont know what all the fuss was about,
got my Liverpool ticket today from the box office outside the stadium
but fuckin £46.00
robbin scouse twats!

-- Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:26 pm --

frothy said:

Mind if i join your group?

A scouse mate from work went to our place earlier in the season - his ticket cost him £48. Does that make us robbing Manc bastards??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.