I have just been told.............Update page 39

Re: I have just been told.............

Manci7y said:
whicko said:
Whats with all thr ass licking of Spursmad, he is full of shit and its no coincidence that SKY are running a ticker re Petrov when he pretends to be ITK , WHAT A WANKER!

Spursmad has been spot on many many times, normally well in advance..
Don't be so bleeding gulible,it's obvious he just sits there all day watching SKY for christs sake.

Like Taylor was all over SSN before he broke that transfer?

Less than 24 hours to find out so no big drawn out saga this time

whicko said:
Whats with all thr ass licking of Spursmad, he is full of shit and its no coincidence that SKY are running a ticker re Petrov when he pretends to be ITK , WHAT A WANKER!

shut the fuck up wanker

bluecheese said:
whicko said:

shut the fuck up wanker
Sad little fucker-grow !

Fair enough. Always liked Petrov, but is there anyone who doesn't see him as a kick-and-rush merchant? Can't tackle, never gets stuck in either etc., but I liked him all the same.

I don't know Bentley personally. All I know about him is he used to have a gambling problem, he likes to do DIY, and he says "to be honest" a lot.

He also had an England future. Perhaps he can impress Mr. Capello this season?

Sad to see Bentley is getting a bit of the Bellers treatment ("wanker"), I'm hoping he'll be motivated and fight for us. Sweep can't cross btw ;-). Seems fair enough: Sweep and Bentley with Weiss on stand-by?

I don't know anymore. Can't keep everything straight.

markbmcfc said:
I'm probably in the minority here but I wouldnt mind this. Bentley isnt a player i'd personally aim for but he does have qualities.

Petrov has had his day IMO, he was one of my favourite players under Sven, but he isnt as good as what we have now. He's a great player to have in the squad but from his attitude this pre season, he sees himself above that. Its a little bit Elano-esque for me. He's 30 now, isnt going to get better and had a bad injury to have at his age last season.

Its a shame, I would have liked to sign him a few years earlier when we were tossing about with Riera and Musampa, though I suspect we would have been a backward step for him at that time.

Petrov's biggest strength is his pace, personally I feel he lost a yard last season when he did play, which is natural as he is 31 soon and will only lose another yard or two. Id prefer to keep him as a squad player but he wants first team football.

Bentley - played his best football under Hughes. Doesnt have the pace of Petrov but has a better delivery. We dont really have a right sided player with a very good crossing ability, he would provide that and would be good service for Santa Cruz and Adebayor. RSC wouldnt have scored half as many for BBurn without him. He may be happier being a squad player then Petrov would be.

I dont like the guy personally, I dont like Bellamy personally, but he's a good player that does well for us and is committed, which is all I want to see from players. If Bentley does the same and gets 10 assists a season, im happy with that.

Agree with this - Bentley set piece from one side and Barry from the other will be lethal

Never hidden my dislike of Hughes, but I don't agree that this is a bad deal...

I think Bentley could flourish with us, and Petrov is surly, injury prone and hardly ever plays!

Bentley will have a point to prove and has already worked well under Hughes. With Adebayor (or RSC) in the box we need someone who can consistently put it on his swede - Bentley could be that player.

I'm hopeful this one has legs...

no

no no no no no

yes, he is a decent player in a position we need.

but, i repeat, no no no no no

no no no no no

(is bentley going to be good enough in 12 months time? don't fink so. we've signed plenty enough premiership proven players. there are some stunning talents abroad who are worth buying. in fact i'd rather we waited until january and paid top dollar for arteta at everton, and for fucksakes, if we sell petrov we need a left sided player more than another right footer. not to even mention the obvious factor of petrov potentially being an explosively good player for a very good spurs team)

to summarise

no

but I'll deal with it.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_5528972,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 72,00.html</a>

Spurs close on Kranjcar

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.