I have just been told.............Update page 39

Re: I have just been told.............

spursmad321 said:
That Petrov and £10 to £12 million swap for David Bentley is about to happen.

Cheers

Spursmad321

What a terrible way to end the window this would be

Brucie Bonus said:
RobinJo said:
Lets ship out all the decent players to rivals, whilst we bring in shit that nobody wants. Spurs always manage to sell their players for what they bought them for.
Who?

By that I meant us selling Petrov to Tottenham who are currently also challenging for top 4. And also giving Jo to Everton on loan when they have been consistent for a few years now, and could really upset a lot of people. But thats just me.

markbmcfc said:
I'm probably in the minority here but I wouldnt mind this. Bentley isnt a player i'd personally aim for but he does have qualities.

Petrov has had his day IMO, he was one of my favourite players under Sven, but he isnt as good as what we have now. He's a great player to have in the squad but from his attitude this pre season, he sees himself above that. Its a little bit Elano-esque for me. He's 30 now, isnt going to get better and had a bad injury to have at his age last season.

Its a shame, I would have liked to sign him a few years earlier when we were tossing about with Riera and Musampa, though I suspect we would have been a backward step for him at that time.

Petrov's biggest strength is his pace, personally I feel he lost a yard last season when he did play, which is natural as he is 31 soon and will only lose another yard or two. Id prefer to keep him as a squad player but he wants first team football.

Bentley - played his best football under Hughes. Doesnt have the pace of Petrov but has a better delivery. We dont really have a right sided player with a very good crossing ability, he would provide that and would be good service for Santa Cruz and Adebayor. RSC wouldnt have scored half as many for BBurn without him. He may be happier being a squad player then Petrov would be.

I dont like the guy personally, I dont like Bellamy personally, but he's a good player that does well for us and is committed, which is all I want to see from players. If Bentley does the same and gets 10 assists a season, im happy with that.

Agree 100%
Petrov is not the same player as he was before the injury. he is also an influence in the dressing room. Hughes has got rid of Elano, TBH is on his way to Pompey and now Petrov. Dressing room harmony is what Hughes is after

RobinJo said:
Brucie Bonus said:

By that I meant us selling Petrov to Tottenham who are currently also challenging for top 4. And also giving Jo to Everton on loan when they have been consistent for a dew years now, and could really upset a lot of people. But thats just me.

and who's the shit were bringing in that nobody wants?

pfazz said:
RobinJo said:
By that I meant us selling Petrov to Tottenham who are currently also challenging for top 4. And also giving Jo to Everton on loan when they have been consistent for a dew years now, and could really upset a lot of people. But thats just me.

and who's the shit were bringing in that nobody wants?

Bentley. Keep up.

RobinJo said:
Lets ship out all the decent players to rivals, whilst we bring in shit that nobody wants. Spurs always manage to sell their players for what they bought them for.
Fuck me, apocalypse now! You are full of shit just like our resident doom and gloomer Moomba. Who have we sold to rivals already?

Not a chance this is happening! Maybe Bentley plus £12m for Petrov but not the other way round!

Spursmad is a obviously a spurs fan i.e. is making this up!

The more I think about this the more I can't get my head around it, this must be something Spurs are pushing for and there is no way it will happen, unless it ends up pretty much as a player swap.

bluejase said:
RobinJo said:
Fuck me, apocalypse now! You are full of shit just like our resident doom and gloomer Moomba. Who have we sold to rivals already?

oooo we do have a feisty one. Calm down tiger.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.