I have just been told.............Update page 39

Re: I have just been told.............

Marvin said:
alera said:
I know mate, I will calm down, said my piece I dont want him just my opinion, if we end up getting him as with RSC will just have to deal with it. its head in sand time, I guess you have to give him a couple of really shit deals.
hopefully Santa Cruz will prove you wrong. According to the training reports he's spending some time training on his own in the gym, and with the physios, and some time in full training with the squad so shouldn't be long before we see what he can do. I don't think we'll see the best of him straight away, and with the way Adebayor is playing it will be hard for him to get the game time he will need. he also needs sevice from the wings, and that perhaps is a bit of a weak point in this team. As good as Robinho and SWP are, they are not really known for delivering pin point crosses, and Adebayor and Santa Cruz are two of the best headers of the ball in the Premiership. That's why I think it could be a good move for City and Bentley. But I'll let it rest now!

Don't understand what RSC was bought for, other than he was Hughes' player.

hopefully Santa Cruz will prove you wrong. According to the training reports he's spending some time training on his own in the gym, and with the physios, and some time in full training with the squad so shouldn't be long before we see what he can do. I don't think we'll see the best of him straight away, and with the way Adebayor is playing it will be hard for him to get the game time he will need. he also needs sevice from the wings, and that perhaps is a bit of a weak point in this team. As good as Robinho and SWP are, they are not really known for delivering pin point crosses, and Adebayor and Santa Cruz are two of the best headers of the ball in the Premiership. That's why I think it could be a good move for City and Bentley. But I'll let it rest now!

I wont be getting drawn into that TBH its obvious what the problems are and not alone in my opinion. By not alone I am talking 10s of thousands here I have yet to meet anyone in the flesh that thought it was a good idea.

If Hughes can get him playing like he did at Rovers under him then it could be an okay deals (the values are way-out but still), not happy with this but think Petrov deserves to play and not warm our bench.

From the Guardian:

Tottenham, who have lost the midfielder Luka Modric to a fractured fibula, also want the Manchester City midfielder Martin Petrov, who was believed to be in London tonight. David Bentley, who Tottenham signed for £15m last summer, has been discussed as part of any deal

bentley is dog shit, hughes i think is about to make a big big mistake, he's done well in the transfer market so far, it would be a shame for him to blot his copybook.

Spursmad321 is definitely in the know, even though it is from the mirror!!!

Manchester City make last minute bid for England ace
Published 22:48 31/08/09 Exclusive by John Cross

David Bentley has been lined up in a sensational £15million player-plus-cash move to Manchester City.

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is close to a £5m deal for City’s Bulgarian left winger Martin Petrov.

But big-spending City and Tottenham are also discussing a last-gasp deal for England international Bentley to go the other way, with cash also changing hands.

Bentley, 25, who last week was banned from driving for 12 months for a drink-driving offence, joined Tottenham for £15m a year ago.

But he has struggled to win a regular spot and also lost his place in the England set-up as he has failed to win over the Spurs fans.

Everton, Aston Villa and Sunderland have all been interested in signing Bentley and Spurs are prepared to sell - as long as they can bring in a replacement.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is also demanding that he gets back almost all of his £15m outlay on the former Blackburn winger.

That has put off other clubs, and Everton even failed with a loan bid, but mega-rich City have the finances to sign Bentley and add the England winger to their expensively assembled squad.

City boss Mark Hughes managed Bentley during their time together at Blackburn and helped turn the former Arsenal trainee into an England international.

That prompted Tottenham to enquire about a possible player-plus-cash deal involving Petrov, 30, who was yesterday pulled out of the Bulgarian national squad to allow him to discuss a move to White Hart Lane.

Petrov nearly went to Tottenham two years ago but, after suffering a long-term knee injury, is now surplus to requirements at City.

But Tottenham are anxious to boost their squad after losing Croatian international Luka Modric for up to three months through injury.

Tottenham also made a cheeky enquiry to take Portsmouth’s Croatian midfielder Niko Kranjcar on loan, but now appear to be getting Petrov in a shock last minute deal.

If that's true what a terrible deal...

...however, lest we forget, this is the same guy who said there'd be no more deals after Lescott. (Not doubting you have some sources at the club but you can't have it both ways)

i like bently, and its not as if they can spend it this summer, they will have to wait till jan andi doubt they will spend it well, as of petrov, not really arsed, hes overrated to be honest, puts a good ball in, but bently puts a better one in IMO.

good signing to be honest...

*tin hat well and truely on*

What I dont understand is they paid £15 million for him, been shocking since he went there. Cant get in the Spuds side even as a sub. Twichy has been trying desperately to get rid of him since he got there.

Petrov is worth £7 - £8 million at least in this market.

So according to these reports we are effectively offering £ 22 - £23 million for him.

Could anyone actually look me in the face and say they would be happy with such a deal ? You have to draw the line somewhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.