I have just been told.............Update page 39

Re: I have just been told.............

what a piss take. bently has been shite and nowhere near worth 10m + petrov. 5m and petrov and i just about wont have a convulsion.

saying that, spurs would still be arse raping us. tell twitcher to fuck off. bentley is a fucking poser ! and a wannabe beckham

kiam06 said:
If Bentley can get his old form back then happy days, he has a lot to prove which is a good thing but its not the most exciting signing but to be fair we've had a few of them!!
Bentley on the right and Santa Cruz or Adebayor down the middle = goals. Only Young and Beckham can match his delivery, but pointless for Spurs as they have 4 small forwards

markbmcfc said:
I'm probably in the minority here but I wouldnt mind this. Bentley isnt a player i'd personally aim for but he does have qualities.

Petrov has had his day IMO, he was one of my favourite players under Sven, but he isnt as good as what we have now. He's a great player to have in the squad but from his attitude this pre season, he sees himself above that. Its a little bit Elano-esque for me. He's 30 now, isnt going to get better and had a bad injury to have at his age last season.

Its a shame, I would have liked to sign him a few years earlier when we were tossing about with Riera and Musampa, though I suspect we would have been a backward step for him at that time.

Petrov's biggest strength is his pace, personally I feel he lost a yard last season when he did play, which is natural as he is 31 soon and will only lose another yard or two. Id prefer to keep him as a squad player but he wants first team football.

Bentley - played his best football under Hughes. Doesnt have the pace of Petrov but has a better delivery. We dont really have a right sided player with a very good crossing ability, he would provide that and would be good service for Santa Cruz and Adebayor. RSC wouldnt have scored half as many for BBurn without him. He may be happier being a squad player then Petrov would be.

I dont like the guy personally, I dont like Bellamy personally, but he's a good player that does well for us and is committed, which is all I want to see from players. If Bentley does the same and gets 10 assists a season, im happy with that.

a good balanced post - still not happy with the prospect of this swap but some good points but where would this leave the right sided Weiss?

PabZab said:
Petrov is so fucking over valued on here, hes a 31? year old tempramental winger who is coming back from a year out.

Saying that Bentley isn't worth £10 million.

Yea I agree His delivery of the ball at set pieces is quality
I think about 6 million plus petrov will be a good deal for us
don't forget the injury he had was a bad one he's coming up
to 31 he never tracked back

Chorleyblue said:
I would rather keep Petrov than get Bentley but can understand why Hughes may be thinking of swapping him.

It looks like Hughes will be using Robi and Bellamy down the left so that only leaves SWP on the right. I wouldnt say that Bentley is worth more than Petrov though

what about Weiss?

Although I'm not a massive Bentley fan, I do think that as a supply line he does offer more than SWP, and will probably score more than Shaun as well.

I think that he'd be a decent addition to the squad & provide balance and depth. If SWP did get injured, who would cover him? Ireland?

It does make sense, as Robbie & Bellamy will cover the left.

I think the writing was on the wall for Petrov when he didnt get a minute against Palace.

Thought he did well at the Nou Camp though.

Even if he goes to Spurs, when Modric is back & presuming they get Kranjcar, who much game time will he get there? Not much IMO.

ozzie2920 said:
Marvin said:
Bentley is a far better player than Petrov, and the best right footed crosser of a ball in the Premiership.

Not done well at Spurs, but think about the player when he was at Blackburn. We have big target men playing up front who would combine perfectly with Bentley.

Never understood why Petrov was so popular with City fans. Doesn't tackle, or head a ball, and lacks the pace to beat the better full backs. Wont feature for us, so why should we miss him?

Sense in amongst the hysteria.

petrov,s work ethic opposite to MH.....only 1 winner......wouldn,t complain with straight swap deal............

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Chorleyblue said:
I would rather keep Petrov than get Bentley but can understand why Hughes may be thinking of swapping him.

It looks like Hughes will be using Robi and Bellamy down the left so that only leaves SWP on the right. I wouldnt say that Bentley is worth more than Petrov though
i agree with everything that you have said mate. Petrov will want first team football and that is something we cannot offer him

but nor should we be offering him to a rival

On that Spurs site there is a poster called Scout, and Scouts cousin is Bentley's agent.

He said a few days ago Bentley was not moving, but a silly offer (which I think this is) then Harry would sell him.

If Scout posts I will put it up on here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.