I have just been told.............Update page 39

Re: I have just been told.............

DontLookBackInAnger said:
jrio said:
Petrov is worth nothing like that. He's probably got 3 seasons at best left in him at top level. His injury record over the past 3 years casts doubt on how many games a season he'll manage. City got him at his peak for about 5m and I'd guess his value is about 2/3 of that now.
You mean this morning when Stoke offered that then?
Seems to be no substance to that report.

Just want to bring some reality!

Petrov is old in footballing terms, he does not have long left on his contract and he has missed 2 of the last 3 seasons in their entirity (just about) due to serious injuries, he also is rumoured to be negative and wanting out. Those add up to a player who however good he is on his day will go for a few million, I doubt anyone would pay more than 5 million for him if we were lucky. He is more than a 5m player on his day but the risk with him is huge and even if someone is lucky he only has a few more years as a pacy winger in top flight.

Bentley whatever you think of him is worth a fair bit more, he has less of an injury risk, he is younger and he has more of a future, for Mark Hughes he was excellent arguably the best crosser in the prem and the most dangerous out and out right sided winger at that time, with his delivery and with Adebayour and Santa Cruz he would be a dangerous player and he does offer us something different in the squad. We have a lot of fast players who can put a low cross in but we do not have someone of the Bentley type. If hughes things this is the right deal then I trust him as I have never seen a manager spend our money so well and because of that i will not be a drama queen about this or talk about us being a laughing stock or any of the nonsense on here, instead i will take a wait and see position. But remembering what he and Santa Cruz were like a few years ago and how Hughes worked with him I am not too worried to be honest.

He would come hungry to prove a point and get in there as opposed to Petrov who looks like he is not remotely interested.

so how many goals has Bentley scored against the best team in the world?

i cant believe how people wank on about bentleys crosses, petrovs' cross is the most lethal in the league

i cant believe hughes is even thinking about this, although hes the guy who thinks craig bellamy should start ahead of robinho and petrov
and fuck off with these bullshit rumours that hes disrupting the squad with his "petulance"
what a joke, get your fucking wigs off you queens, this isnt highschool

agree Blightee Hughes is rubbish he has made the wrong call in every one of our games so far and it is really showing in our points total so far. I think the move to drop Robinho is absolutely criminal especially after the world class performance he put in down there last year, probably one of the best displays i have seen in the Prem. I think had we picked him we could have done much much better and easily matched our performance and result at Fratton Park from last season. I really think without picking Robinho away against relegation type teams we will be lucky to get a point away all season!

If only people could wake up and see what an absolute disaster the start of this season has become. If it wasn't coz we got lucky because Adebayour keeps making good finshes, that Barry is a talented midfielder and Kolo and Shay have been making miracle moves at the back we would have an even worse points total!

I also am really unhappy with our transfer deals and selling our best player and heartbeat of the team Petrov to get in a joker like Bentley would be the final insult to us the fans. It is time we let the club know just what a joke our transfer policy is and how we are throwing away our place in the Premiership! Petrov is young hungry, passionate about City and a part of our future and Bentley is a division 2 player and we are about to give Spurs about 15m and Petrov which has to be worth around 30m for a player who makes Rick Holden seem like a brilliant winger.

ah yes, good reply, because thinking hughes is a muppet for starting bellamy over petrov on the left wing means i think the season is a disaster
if only your dazzling wit would allow you to not construe my post into one of your ill formed generalizations.

good job

twat

blightee said:
ah yes, good reply, because thinking hughes is a muppet for starting bellamy over petrov on the left wing means i think the season is a disaster
if only your dazzling wit would allow you to not construe my post into one of your ill formed generalizations.

good job

twat

i think you missed the point entirely, but don't let that restrain you from playground-style name calling.

calm down everyone, just trust the manager. fact is bentley played his best football under hughes, so fingers crossed he regains his form.

in hughes we trust, keep the faith people

ha ha ha.
missed what point? its a common failure in a discussion to reduce someones opinion to ridiculous conclusions, thats all his post ever meant and I dont want to have to reply with some long drawn out retort when calling him an idiot will suffice

petrov is not old and broken, preseason showed as much. Bentley has barely played in over a year and has so far failed to produce, so why take the gamble when petrov has already proven to be an excellent player for us

Hughes is a great manager, but he is not infallible, and if he decides to swap martin petrov for david bentley then it will be a major error
playing bellamy on the left wing over petrov on sunday was also an error, we failed to create much in the way of attacking opportuinites that robinho or petrov could of provided

once again,

twats

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.