I Know It’s Over

I’m confident that we’ll be stronger in the second half of the season, but I’m less confident that the run of injuries will stop soon. People are unfairly piling on young men that are playing too much football and too often being asked to play in unfamiliar positions, and those pressures could see more injuries in the coming months.

Perhaps, more importantly, this season is starting to question the long-term viability of running on such a small squad. We reaped the benefits last year when we miraculously went comparatively unscathed in terms of injury, but it took 2-3 seasons to have so many come to their prime and the toll was always going to have to be paid.

Similarly, we cannot continue to include players who have no chance of coming on. A bench that includes Phillips, Gomez, an empty space and Carson sends out the wrong signals to other players. I also think we were too hasty in allowing Lavia, Doyle, Palmer, McAtee, and Borges to leave. I’m sure they wanted to leave to play more football, but I also think that we need to do more to show that there is a pathway into the first team. Such players won’t all make it with us, to be sure, but their presence would allow us to play people in their proper positions.

We’ll be in the mix for pots come May, but the experience of the last few months suggests that we might need to look further down the line and be a little more flexible in our policies.

Nope, this is different. Last season we had top class players playing below par for periods early on. This year we have average class players playing their average game.
I've seen enough football to know when the effort is there, but the ability is not.
Either was there last night, it ain’t over, we’re hanging by a thread

It’s not the same as last season . We have cone off a treble win and we finally landed the champions league which was our so called holy grail . No hunger on the pitch to even compete atm which wasn’t there last season and the new players are not on the level of players such as gundo and Mahrez . Putting Alveraz in midfield week in week out is totally fucking us and I don’t care if pep is the greatest we’ve ever had because he needs calling out on this . Also I have a feeling Haaland will be gone in the summer as since the back end of last season he has fell off a cliff but he will still goals in bunches to hide this . It’s early doors in the season but we have got massive problems
I keep saying this about Alvarez. The lad has quality, but he's a fox in the box, not a midfield player. I shuddered at the line-up last night, and it was obvious that the midfield would be utterly overrun. It was, trampled all night. Pep should have seen this immediately. He has gone to this dry well game after game and it does not work at all. Squeezing Alvarez into the side is destroying us. If he plays, Haaland doesn't. End of.

No it ain’t different. Would be interesting to know who these average players are??
I’m not saying it’s over but the average players are all the new signings. Rico Lewis is average imho without any bias because he’s a city lad through and through. Doku looks to have talent and could improve but the other signings are average at best. Where are the goals that Mahrez and Gundo scored/created coming from?

Haaland leaving in the summer...FFS mate, no win in four but come on FFS

Haaland Haaland Mocking GIF - Haaland Haaland Mocking Emilee - Discover &  Share GIFs
There must be a lip reader able to interpret this!

Don't want to sound like a dick but I don't really understand why we would focus on the champions league when we've already topped the group and the knockouts don't start till February (I think). Why don't we just see where we are up to then?

So many years we've tried, and kept the league alive, Johnny, it ain't over till it's over.

We need a good run of games with a fully fit and firing Rodri, Stones and KDB. Hopefully we'll see that in the new year. Until then, stay within touching distance and who knows.... we might just go on a long unbeaten run. We've done it before.

However, if Pep insists on playing defenders as midfielders in the absence of such players then last night shown that were fucked as far as winning the title is concerned.

Still plenty of games left and plenty of talent in this squad so I'm not throwing the towel in just yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.